2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't a natural striker - he is left winger. It suits his style and the vast majority of his goals come from the left. Silva clearly loves the kid and thinks he is their only hope for scoring up top, but we would be far better off with DCL or Tosun up top with Richarlison streaking in from the left and Lookman/Walcott from the right.

He isn't a natural striker - he is left winger. It suits his style and the vast majority of his goals come from the left. Silva clearly loves the kid and thinks he is their only hope for scoring up top, but we would be far better off with DCL or Tosun up top with Richarlison streaking in from the left and Lookman/Walcott from the right.

5 goals as a striker, 4 as a winger.

I think for now we should bring in Calvert-Lewin up top as he can do the dirty work that Richarlison is being asked to do and just let Richarlison get back to making things happen from wide areas.

I think he does have a future as a number 9 but it isn't working for us at the moment.

He is not a left winger mate. His link up play is abysmal and he is nowhere near clever enough for the role.
Well, he certainly seems to be more of a threat from out wide right now versus being a striker or target man. At least for now, as Zook pointed out.

He’s definitely not a lone centre forward/target man either. His best position would be up front in a 2 or as a split striker, playing off a centre forward.

I'd agree that upfront in a 2 atm would be his best position as he would have a foil rather than being bullied all game by 2 trick centre backs.

As it stands on the left wing he needs to develop his game and link far better with Digne. It's not like Digne wouldn't find him plenty.. doesn't need to go alone so much does Richarlison.

You can see that naturally creative players such as Bernard and Sigurddson are linking with Digne in little triangles and angles far far better than Richarlison atm down the left.

Richarlison plays centre forward because Silva pencils him in there. He doesn’t particularly enjoy it, but he’s a team player, and there’s not many options until we get a tested striker in. DCL will come good with time, but not yet. Tosun can’t seem to get up to speed in the premier league.

He is not a left winger mate. His link up play is abysmal and he is nowhere near clever enough for the role.
His crossing is woeful also.
This is how I feel too. I'll add in he's created a very small amount of chances this season regardless of position and that's something wingers need to do. For me his future is up top because that's what his attributes are best suited for. But that doesn't mean he's a target man and his struggles lately have been at least as much because of how poor our midfield has been and our being forced to hit long balls at him rather than his lack of ability. Play the ball on the ground and he can do some decent stuff up top.

Get him back out left and get Bernard inside him. If he wants him playing up top he needs to be a bit clever and drag the CB's around rather than stand there fighting with them. Up to the wide men then to be flexible but this all comes from the manager. Rather DCL get the rest od season up top as we wont be bringing in a front man.
Hope he gets back to business this weekend an feeds off that atmosphere

He ain't a winger.

He isn't a striker either.

He can play wide - more of an inside forward jobby in old terms - if it's a proper front three. Like it was at Watford last year and like it is for Brazil (albeit with far better players).

He's done great overall this season but in a 4-2-3-1, if he plays wide he is currently getting marked out of the game and pushed to the touchline, where he's no use at all, because his crossing is atrocious. He's all about cutting inside and getting into those gaps/channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.