2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's received those chances when switching to a more central position and couldn't handle the pressure that goes with slotting.
He's scored 8 in 14. Strikers miss sometimes it's getting to the positions that's important and he constantly does. Higuain has bottled 3 finals and every single Evertonian would have him tomorrow because we all know he will still find the positions to score a shed load.

Richarlison is definitely a LW.

just wish the club had actually signed a decent centre forward in the summer.

Hopefully come January 1st we get one through the door with a RW.

Lozano Siggurdsson Richarlison

Rodrigo

Something like that would be fantastic.

He's scored 8 in 14. Strikers miss sometimes it's getting to the positions that's important and he constantly does. Higuain has bottled 3 finals and every single Evertonian would have him tomorrow because we all know he will still find the positions to score a shed load.
Half his goals were scored before being switched away from a wide left position.

Half his goals were scored before being switched away from a wide left position.
It was 3 out of 8. One from a set piece and one heading in a cross after taking up a center forward spot. Only one was a true winger goal. And that's before you get to him creating essentially zero this season which is not going to work for a winger unless you're banging in 1 a game from out there. Maybe with a better CF who he could interchange with but as it is today we need him central. Especially now that Lookman has made it clear he's the man for the left.

He's fine out there, and productive in front of goal. Why fix something that wasn't broke?

I understand Silva's predicament. It should be taken care of next month.
We actually looked twice as threatening for me because he created chances for others AND on his own, his runs were also allowing for pop shots on target which Everton as a team don't do nearly enough.

Testing the keeper repeatedly piles on a lot of pressure. Richy has been able to do this in a couple of games as striker, but is often isolated and finding the end of nothing in the rest. Ultimately this will bring great frustration to any player.

I also understand his predicament, but i still don't think Richy needed to be shifted. Though it did also free up his position for Bernard so it's all a bit of a blag. Easy to say anything in hindsight.

We actually looked twice as threatening for me because he created chances for others AND on his own, his runs were also allowing for pop shots on target which Everton as a team don't do nearly enough.

Testing the keeper repeatedly piles on a lot of pressure. Richy has been able to do this in a couple of games as striker, but is often isolated and finding the end of nothing in the rest. Ultimately this will bring great frustration to any player.

I also understand his predicament, but i still don't think Richy needed to be shifted. Though it did also free up his position for Bernard so it's all a bit of a blag. Easy to say anything in hindsight.
To have any LW who scores and drifts central you need to have constant service from the right, a LB who can play as a de facto LW and a striker who can interchange with the LW. We have at best 1 of those with Digne so having Richarlison out wide creates issues as it did vs Newcastle where our attack was woeful.

Thats the issue, Richarlison goes up top and Bernard comes into the left.

Lookman plays either left or central and performs...

So we have 3 quality players on the left.

Sadly only Walcott on the right and nothing up front.

It would be ideal if we signed say Augustin and Lozano but then we still have Bernard and Lookman to consider.

Lozano Lookman Richarlison
Augustin
Thats what i would like to see.

Walcott + Sigurdsson sold

Bernard as rotation/supersub

To have any LW who scores and drifts central you need to have constant service from the right, a LB who can play as a de facto LW and a striker who can interchange with the LW. We have at best 1 of those with Digne so having Richarlison out wide creates issues as it did vs Newcastle where our attack was woeful.
But I personally have this down to more of the whole teams confidence after the Liverpool game. The way we didn't play with conviction I mean.

Richy to me actually seemed to be more central than actually on the wing anyway, almost as though the habits of his prior run at CF had crept into his LW play. He wasn't doing the same things or same runs as he was trying in the early season on the left.

But I agree we need potency on the opposite side etc.

He's fine out there, and productive in front of goal. Why fix something that wasn't broke?

I understand Silva's predicament. It should be taken care of next month.

Possibly...but half the teams in the Prem are looking for a decent striker, and they are hard to find. Best hope is a meltdown at United and a bit of a clear out there. Might be a couple available then.

Thats the issue, Richarlison goes up top and Bernard comes into the left.

Lookman plays either left or central and performs...

So we have 3 quality players on the left.

Sadly only Walcott on the right and nothing up front.

It would be ideal if we signed say Augustin and Lozano but then we still have Bernard and Lookman to consider.

Lozano Lookman Richarlison
Augustin
Thats what i would like to see.

Walcott + Sigurdsson sold

Bernard as rotation/supersub
Yup pretty much. Which suggest perhaps we could have afforded to punt lookman, but obviously we don't want to do that, so there are issues here that definitely need to be worked out. The first XI needs balance

But I personally have this down to more of the whole teams confidence after the Liverpool game. The way we didn't play with conviction I mean.

Richy to me actually seemed to be more central than actually on the wing anyway, almost as though the habits of his prior run at CF had crept into his LW play. He wasn't doing the same things or same runs as he was trying in the early season on the left.

But I agree we need potency on the opposite side etc.
He was though. Look where he scored from against Southampton. The goals against Southampton and Wolves were a bit of a cover up of how we actually played. We didn't exactly create loads of chances. Again this last week has been really good center forward play from him. Sniffed out and took chances in 2 games and today was still able to carve out the opportunities but just didn't have them go in. The struggles with holding it up and that stuff can be better fixed by tweaking how everyone plays so he isn't in those situations as much.

His competition for his Brazil starting place (Jesus) showed him up today. Still young of course but those were bad misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.