2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Why don't any Everton players try a bit of flair and do the unexpected??! I'd love that!"

"ARRGH WHY DID HE TRY THAT WITH FLAIR AND DO THE UNEXPECTED??! I HATE THAT!"

Can't win.

It's that arrogance that makes him a threat on the pitch and a joy the watch, and he's been superb for us since he arrived except for two silly moments. He's young - these excesses will get ironed out.

If you want the Aaron Lennon type plodding the wings instead, then fair enough. I personally don't.

If the unexpected is missing a penalty, then yes, I’d rather he just do what he’s supposed to and score.

Do think people are going bit overboard here. Yes it was a nonsense penalty, but I don’t think it says anything about him being too arrogant, not caring etc.

Would you have changed his personality completely too?

That at least worked the goalkeeper. This was ten levels of crap worse. A crucial moment of a level shootout and he tried to be clever. He's young but it's ridiculous and he needs told in no uncertain terms that he's there to score goals and not get on soccer am.

His penalty record isn’t great, so yes, I personally would change it.

No I mean the arrogance, the complete self belief in the approach to the penalty.

Because Ronaldo fluffed his lines in that example, would you have been saying "right, no more showboating, do nothing but simple passes, track your runner and play to instruction, don't try anything again."

Of course you wouldn't. That's the type of player Richarlison is - all it needs is a quick "learn from that kid, there's a time and place" and that's it. Because he's just a kid with a natural gift that you want to hone, not squash.

No I mean the arrogance, the complete self belief in the approach to the penalty.

Because Ronaldo fluffed his lines in that example, would you have been saying "right, no more showboating, do nothing but simple passes, track your runner and play to instruction, don't try anything again."

Of course you wouldn't. That's the type of player Richarlison is - all it needs is a quick "learn from that kid, there's a time and place" and that's it. Because he's just a kid with a natural gift that you want to hone, not squash.
We'll ultimately hone it only for him to show what he's learnt for another club when he eventually steps away from us.

Shouldn't have to be told to just take a safe penalty in a shootout.

No one’s saying that though are they.

You can quite easily take a proper penalty without turning into a crumbling wreck in open play.

Status
Not open for further replies.