2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the younger generation of footballers trying to look good. Pogba does it along with others. Many a time it comes of you look great but other times it fails and as a fan it can be so frustrating

They look like dickheads.

Which is another problem with the younger generations anyway!

..extraordinary angle to run up and strike a dead ball. I can offer a simple piece of advice;

Practice.

From where I was standing I actually thought he was running up to hit it with his left and then changed to hit it with his right as everyone chuckled in the street end half way through the run up

Made himself look like a prized knobhead with that run up and pen, just as bad as Gylfis on Saturday

I don't get this knocking of Richie....21 years old, not a lot of experience at shoot outs. Its different being a confident ball player in open play, than facing, probably for the first time,a pressure penalty. To me he looked very nervous when taking the kick ...wanting to score stylishly but overcome by his nerves.But as usual certain forum posters stick to their agenda.'never cut anyone any slack,regardless of the circumstances'.Be careful boys, we are getting a good group of real footballers together slowly,don't make it your lifes mission to criticise. Nothing wrong with opinions, but if a young player read some of the stuff on here, it could destroy him.

"Why don't any Everton players try a bit of flair and do the unexpected??! I'd love that!"

"ARRGH WHY DID HE TRY THAT WITH FLAIR AND DO THE UNEXPECTED??! I HATE THAT!"

Can't win.

It's that arrogance that makes him a threat on the pitch and a joy the watch, and he's been superb for us since he arrived except for two silly moments. He's young - these excesses will get ironed out.

If you want the Aaron Lennon type plodding the wings instead, then fair enough. I personally don't.
Bring back Aiiden McGeady I’d say

I don't get this knocking of Richie....21 years old, not a lot of experience at shoot outs. Its different being a confident ball player in open play, than facing, probably for the first time,a pressure penalty. To me he looked very nervous when taking the kick ...wanting to score stylishly but overcome by his nerves.But as usual certain forum posters stick to their agenda.'never cut anyone any slack,regardless of the circumstances'.Be careful boys, we are getting a good group of real footballers together slowly,don't make it your lifes mission to criticise. Nothing wrong with opinions, but if a young player read some of the stuff on here, it could destroy him.
Think it's fair criticism,for a player whatever his age not to be able to find the net from twelve yards is pretty poor.He's a Brazilian international who cost a lot of money,anyway doubt he's a member of many fan forums.

I remember a young Lukaku doing a 'stroll and roll' and missing a pen for Chelsea when he first signed for them. If it comes off, you look great, if not, you look like a total prat. I'd much rather a player just get the job done, or a least try.

Not going to have a go at Richarlison off, he tried something different and it didn't work.

Great performance gone largely under the radar due to Sigurdsson’s screamer and Bernard’s brilliance. But again Richarlison was very good - nice little finish for the goal, good hold up play and single handedly got Morgan sent off which changed the game. Top player, my mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.