Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course and as you pointed out earlier, we probably wont be paying 50m upfront, it will be spread over a few years.

I mean when I do the math, its based on the here and now, but our accounts are far more complex than anything I could even begin to work out.

In a lot of ways transfer fees are negligible as are net spends but most people base financial health on it or trying to work out how much money we have by doing a buying and selling, the real show is wages and capacity to take them on.

In a lot of ways transfer fees are negligible as are net spends but most people base financial health on it or trying to work out how much money we have by doing a buying and selling, the real show is wages really.

Well most people focus on net spend more than anything and as you say, its not the biggest factor, 95% of clubs will spend more on wages each year than they will on players, but nobody ever focuses on wage bills. We only ever focus on a snapshot of things, the bigger picture is vast, complex and normal people are unlikely to even begin to understand it.

Why do you think we should be shopping the bargain bin?

Did Rom not prove that sometimes it's wise to spend money to make money?
Yeah thats the point Rom was a bargain and we knew it at the time, but now where spending more on players with little chance of there value going up or allowing ourselves to be bullied into paying too much, IE Siggy, who is a real good player but wasnt worth what we paid, now were doing it with Richarlson.

Yeah thats the point Rom was a bargain and we knew it at the time, but now where spending more on players with little chance of there value going up or allowing ourselves to be bullied into paying too much, IE Siggy, who is a real good player but wasnt worth what we paid, now were doing it with Richarlson.

United are saying the same thing now .................

He's just turned 21 in May. He seamlessly transitioned from Brazil to the Premier League. It's like you don't think he has an upside. Personally I think he ticks a lot of boxes that says he does.

The market is not the same as it was when we bought Rom...easily would have cost us double what we bought him for today.

Well most people focus on net spend more than anything and as you say, its not the biggest factor, 95% of clubs will spend more on wages each year than they will on players, but nobody ever focuses on wage bills. We only ever focus on a snapshot of things, the bigger picture is vast, complex and normal people are unlikely to even begin to understand it.

Exactly, people don’t factor in many things like amort or book prices. Take Mori he had a book price of 4.5 mill that was his liability to Everton. What we owed on his contract and his previous club. Selling him for 9 million we made a 4.5 mill odd profit and not 9.00 million.

Similarly with Rooney we made 9 million, I..e not paying the last year of his contract.

It’s different with someone like Barkley, a home grown player has no book price 100% profit and whatever you save on his contract,

That’s just under 30 mill right there.

Exactly, people don’t factor in many things like amort or book prices. Take Mori he had a book price of 4.5 mill that was his liability to Everton. What we owed on his contract and his previous club. Selling him for 9 million we made a 4.5 mill odd profit and not 9.00 million.

Similarly with Rooney we made 9 million, I..e not paying the last year of his contract.

It’s different with someone like Barkley, a home grown player has no book price 100% profit and whatever you save on his contract,

That’s just under 30 mill right there.

And also loan fees, how much other clubs pay towards wages when players are on loan.

Nobody has a clue how to work it all out unless they had access to the clubs day to day accounts and knew every aspect.

Watford fans spouting about how crap he is lollol if we weren’t in for him they’d be telling us how we was gonna fire them into Europe

Ok im fully up to speed having watched a couple of youtube vids.

He's very special and could be the signing of the summer. £40m for this guy? Or nearly £55m for Keita? Not even a close decision tbh.

Jeez @Steve0, can’t you just say he’ll be rubbish! As you are wrong SOOOOOOOOO many times! No doubt I’ll be accuse of being a RS. I’m not, I’m just calling you out on some of the absolute garbage you post. If we signed George Weah’s nephew you’d wrap it up in gold dust.

On Sandro.............

Sandro has the ability to control any ball. You've never seen him play have you? He's like salah but quicker, better touch, better finisher, stronger and £35m cheaper.
Best signing by any club this summer.
SAndro scored the same amount of goals as Salah in a tougher league for a worse team. He will be a beast.

On Rooney, Keane among others..............

Well have schneiderlin for the entire season. Gueye won't be off to Africa for six weeks. Jagielka has been replaced by one of the best centre backs in the league. We've signed an absolute beast in sandro. Look man has progressed. Rooney is still a magnificent footballer and will prove his worth. Tom Davies ready from the start of te season. Besic back from injur. Holgate, dowell, kenny, dcl, donkor are all highly promising youngsters.

And we're still not finished.

Liverpool have bought a Chelsea reject who had similar serie a stats to deulofeu and a full back from hull.

You'd have to be a bit demented to say the gap won't close next year.

On Siggy and Salah.............

At least we know he can do it in the premier league. Liverpool spent a similar amount on a player who proved to be a flop at Chelsea. Personally I think £40m on Sigurdsson is a safer bet than £40m on Salah.
What hole is Salah filling in your squad? Seems a panic buy to me. Saw us splashing the cash and you were feeling left out. Salah will struggle big time, just not got the minerals for this league imho.

On Schneids.................

Not outstanding but he's easily better than Fellaini, Henderson, Ramsey, Erikesen, Wanyama, Can etc
And on a similar level (slightly better or slightly worse depending on circumstances) to a whole host of other top 4 midfielders.

We are definitely a one man team, and his name is Morgan Schneiderlin

It's no surprise that our dip in form has coincided with him being out of the team

And to think, some were saying we didn't need him...
He's brilliant. I knew he was good but he's so much better than I thought.

On Fat Sham.......

Has improved every single club he's gone to. Would genuinely be interested in seeing how he does at a top club.

How much would Ronko signings be today? Let’s have a look...............

Gueye - £75m
Keane - £60m
Williams - £10m
Rooney - £20m
Klaassen - £35m
Sandro - £18m
Martina - £6m
Schneiderlin - £45m
Lookman - £25m
Pickford - £90m

Lolz

Status