Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this mentality, no offense.

The reason people moan about the fee is because Everton, like MOST other clubs, have a budget. They only can spend what's allotted to them. Value for money. If you spend £30 mil on someone like Klassen you have less money available for another possible player.
No offence taken, but the quality of the player is much more important than the price tag. A few years ago we didn’t have the budget to buy Christoph Samba (12M), so we bought John Stones (1.5M)
Conversley, we bought Davy Klaasen for pretty much the same price as the RS paid for Salah.

Price tags mean nothing unless you are the one paying it, for a fan the only question we need to ask is “will they improve us”

False dichotomy -- there are more than two options.

I understand that some fans aren't interested in following the business side, but that's different from saying we should just spunk money on anyone.

Im very interested in the business side, I personally dont see where this 50m is coming from, we certainly do not have 50m currently floating around from what I know, put it that way. Im certainly not saying im an expert, not even close, but I can do basic math and from my calculations we are proper skint.

No offence taken, but the quality of the player is much more important than the price tag. A few years ago we didn’t have the budget to buy Christoph Samba (12M), so we bought John Stones (1.5M)
Conversley, we bought Davy Klaasen for pretty much the same price as the RS paid for Salah.

Price tags mean nothing unless you are the one paying it, for a fan the only question we need to ask is “will they improve us”
We bought Klaasen for just under £25m. Salah cost about £37m. Not really “pretty much the same price”.

Saying that I do largely agree with the argument you’re making

Thing is we need to go back to the strategy of finding these Stones type players, even Lescott no one was looking at when we went for him, now were going for big money players but have no idea what we are doing with the money we have. Were going to end up selling several players at a loss, which is awful way to do things, once the price goes high alarm bells should ring. A few more windows like last summer and we will be in a very deep mess

Im very interested in the business side, I personally dont see where this 50m is coming from, we certainly do not have 50m currently floating around from what I know, put it that way. Im certainly not saying im an expert, not even close, but I can do basic math and from my calculations we are proper skint.

I suspect it’s player trading, I think we have a few deals earmarked for outs. I think the deal will be 35 mill, we won’t be liable for the add ons this year. Wages will be the left over of Rooney’s, lower I’d imagine, I’d say he’s on a poor wage at Watford given his profile arriving there. He will be happy with 60-80k here.

Last edited:
I suspect it’s player trading, I think we have a few deals earmarked for outs. I think the deal will be 35 mill, we won’t be lieable for the add ons this year. Wages will be the left over of Rooney’s, lower I’d imagine, I’d say he’s on a poor wage at Watford given his profile arriving there. He will be happy with 60-80k here.

Yes of course and as you pointed out earlier, we probably wont be paying 50m upfront, it will be spread over a few years.

I mean when I do the math, its based on the here and now, but our accounts are far more complex than anything I could even begin to work out.

Thing is we need to go back to the strategy of finding these Stones type players, even Lescott no one was looking at when we went for him, now were going for big money players but have no idea what we are doing with the money we have. Were going to end up selling several players at a loss, which is awful way to do things, once the price goes high alarm bells should ring. A few more windows like last summer and we will be in a very deep mess

Well exactly. What is the point of the DoF role if we are buying "established" players from the rest of the PL at a premium?

Why do you think we should be shopping the bargain bin?

Did Rom not prove that sometimes it's wise to spend money to make money?

Status
Not open for further replies.