Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the first email I received from the club when they were talking about the ballot system and if I remember rightly, the jist I took from it was that when you entered a ballot and were successful that was it, you couldn't enter a ballot again.
That was my understanding too. Thought they might treat a cup game as different possibly. Must admit I didn’t take that much notice and haven’t got a stronge opinion either way seeing as I won’t be there for a good while yet:(.

Just found this for the Man U game.

As the game is a domestic cup fixture, the ballot process will be slightly altered from the format used when allocating seats for the Premier League matches against Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City. The registration period for eligible fans to enter the quarter-final ballot will run from 9am GMT on Monday 14 December to midnight on Tuesday 15 December.

The ballot will take previous Premier League ballot results into consideration when allocating tickets for this fixture, with the priority going to those who have attended the least number of games, to ensure a fair spread of tickets among supporters.

I've sent them this email, lets see if they respond

I would like some clarification on the current ticket ballot process. I have applied for all 4 raffles that have currently taken place and I was unsuccessful in all of them. It seems that people who have already received a ticket for a game are allowed to apply for the next raffle. I would question the fairness of this process and would like some clarity as to whether these people have an equal chance in the next raffle as a person who has received no tickets yet. The fair way of doing things would be a cut and dried scenario where a supporter who has received a ticket for a game is blocked out of the ballot process until everyone has attended one game and I would suggest this 'weighted ballot' scenario only seeks to muddy the waters. A situation where one person could potentially get every game at the expense of someone else who could get none is grossly unfair and should never be allowed to happen. I am a supporter who usually attends every game home and away and I await your comments and observations.

thank you for your assistance

Yours truly

Good one.

Lets see if they come back with the "robust" and "fairest way possible" line they gave me.

Absolutely not any fans fault. The club actively encourage people to keep applying. Should have been allocated fair to begin with so you know that you're getting a ticket every 10th game at 2,000 and 5th for 4,000. That was it gives people time to prepare and ultimately would allow more chance to be together.

Allocated Games 1,6,11 etc and if that means you get United, Chelsea, Spurs or Rotherham, Burnley and West Brom... doesn't matter, you're going.

Was absolutely ridiculous system to begin with.

I think you can enter again but they'll take you out of it when the system identifies that you've already been. Looks like cup/league is different tho and if you go league you can still get selected for cup.

Only been implemented after the first 3 have been drawn.

I think as what you quoted, there needs to be some clarity. What does "priority" mean? An extra entry into the ballot, or in a pot where they draw 4 of every 5 out? What chances do people who have been selected previously have of getting a ticket?

As the game is a domestic cup fixture, the ballot process will be slightly altered from the format used when allocating seats for the Premier League matches against Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City. The registration period for eligible fans to enter the quarter-final ballot will run from 9am GMT on Monday 14 December to midnight on Tuesday 15 December.

The ballot will take previous Premier League ballot results into consideration when allocating tickets for this fixture, with the priority going to those who have attended the least number of games, to ensure a fair spread of tickets among supporters.

Yeah they changed it, but looks like it didn't work unfortunately. Some people got selected again, which is what would have happened unfortunately. Fair play for applying again, the club just made a right hash of it.

I think you can enter again but they'll take you out of it when the system identifies that you've already been. Looks like cup/league is different tho and if you go league you can still get selected for cup.
whats the point of that though? Someone who has already had a game should be blocked out and unable to apply, there is no confusion then.

Yes that sounds more like it. There’s nothing to stop you actually entering the ballot, but the system will then filter you out when it identifies you.

So that reads as if the process is only changed for cup games and means for the league games the previous raffle results are not taken into account and someone who has already had a game has the same chance as someone who hasn't?

So that reads as if the process is only changed for cup games and means for the league games the previous raffle results are not taken into account and someone who has already had a game has the same chance as someone who hasn't?

I read it as if you have been unsuccessful in the ballot for the league games and you entered the ballot for the Man U game you will have priority over someone who has been successful in a ballot for a league game.

That is the exact way they’ve initially done it.
Now, they’ve sent an email to unsuccessful applicants stating they will get higher priority for the next League games, which makes me wonder why they never done this to begin with?

I get knocked back on city and the arse, but expected to, as I got the Chelsea game first ballot - if people are getting another league match before others who haven't had any tickets, then something has gone to pot.

this is my point, people shouldnt be allowed to re enter the ballot until everyone has been to a game, its not the supporters fault obviously but the sysytem they club have got in place, very unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.