Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't see it being a priority when the government has brought many other industries to their knees. Sticking a few thousand fans in an empty stadium is a cheap gesture that could end up ultimately extending lockdown requirements into next year, if cases start to rise again. That will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people's businesses.
We all know that the government has been making it up as they go along but having 2,000 socially distanced people probably wearing mask, in an open air space that caters for 40,000 people isn't going to cause any more harm than other measures*
For me this step is a good little step towards the main goal.

* 2,000 people in a stadium that holds just 8,000 also wouldn't be a problem and I think it's to try and save the smaller businesses/clubs is why the government brought in this new rule.

Have the club sent out an e mail on the "selection" procedures yet?
Presume for the Chelsea game
Just seen ^^^^^
It will be by end of week. Liverpool have only done theirs in last couple of days and they’re playing sat/sun. ST holders living in Liverpool City region. So expect us to be the same.

20201202_153511.jpg

Are they gonna do it that if you go one week you don't go the next game? Bit confused by it all.

A heads up on what Spurs are doing and just in case Everton do the same system, you want to judge which game is more important to you?

The Spurs ballot rules is, if you are successful in the ballot, you are then not allowed to again enter the ballot until every other season ticket holder has also been successful for a game.

We have around 42,000 s/t holders and anyone who is successful has to sit in the single tier 17,500 south stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.