Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is though they are not playing Southampton every week.

Southampton were terrible. They did what they have done many times this season and didn't turn up (1st half anyway).

Wolves will be much tougher.
Doubt it. Did you not see or read about Wolves at Newcastle last week?

So basically no Fulham fan should have gone the match this season because they got relegated last time? That'd be weird.

By the way, i've bought never an Everton shirt in my life- last one bought for me was 96/97 (that Danka away thing). And even if these chancers played in the championship, that's a pretty high standard in the entire scheme of things, so it'd hardly be cringy cheering a win.

I didn't realise that the decibels for cheering a goal was based on the esteem of the competition anyway... a new one for me that. Maybe i overreacted when Arteta scored vs Fiorentina that night, as it wasn't in the Champions League. Thanks for that.
They can do what they want. Fans are capable of making their own decisions based on what they’ve experienced during their support. I’m not particularly well versed in the recent history of Fulham.

In this instance I’ve watched the club I support go from being the best of the rest and skirting around the European places to one that has no plan, no backbone and is hurtling towards relegation. Moshiri was supposed to push us on but he’s done the very opposite.

I’m not really sure where you’re going with your last paragraph. I’d love for us to win the Europa League. Maybe we can get back in it, but significant changes are required before we even dream of it.

Fellow posted this on Reddit, showing the remaining fixtures for us, Leeds, and Burnley:

View attachment 163246

I think there are two things to consider here:

1) Is Burnley really starting a good run of form? Or did Southampton just do their usual get-safe-and-then-quit-trying routine? Because if it's the former, there's a very good chance they pick up 10-12 more points from their fixtures, especially if Villa continue their poor form. If the Southampton win was just a one-off, though, then maybe they're looking at more like 6-7 points. Could go either way, really, but it should be much clearer after we see them play Wolves.

2) If Leeds lose to Palace this weekend, things have the potential to get really interesting between us and them. Because just as we're not likely to get much from our next two, they're not likely to get much from their next three after Palace. So let's say we get nothing from Liverpool and Chelsea, but they get nothing from Palace, City, Chelsea, and Arsenal (not impossible). Were we to somehow get 4 points between Watford and Leicester in GW36 (I know, both away - trying to cling to some kind of hope here), we'd actually pass them on goal difference heading into the last two game weeks, where we'd still have a game in hand.

So Leeds' game this weekend is massive to keep them from getting dragged into this.

Also highlights just how big Richy missing those two sitters against Leicester was. Even one of those goes in, we win, and we're really pushing Leeds from here on out, not to mention having some breathing room on Burnley.
I think today is the day I have been most convinced we are going down. :-(

They can do what they want. Fans are capable of making their own decisions based on what they’ve experienced during their support. I’m not particularly well versed in the recent history of Fulham.

In this instance I’ve watched the club I support go from being the best of the rest and skirting around the European places to one that has no plan, no backbone and is hurtling towards relegation. Moshiri was supposed to push us on but he’s done the very opposite.

I’m not really sure where you’re going with your last paragraph. I’d love for us to win the Europa League. Maybe we can get back in it, but significant changes are required before we even dream of it.
You said 'failure shouldn't be rewarded', so i imagine you think it's strange when you see full crowds at lower league games for teams who spent the previous year in a higher division...whereas i think that's great.

I'm 48 and my first season ticket was in 86/87, yet i find it strange when people my age- and especially those younger- feel we have some divine right to be a top club, and winning trophies (when we've only actually won 15 major ones in our entire history- and for a lot of that history were one of the five or six biggest clubs- yet this never resulted in regular trophies and we've never had an era of dominance).

I don't go the aways any more and i'm kinda out of that loop now, but i constantly see our away support and am amazed by it- i'd love to that to stay no matter how many divisons we went down. And if it didn't, i''d hop on board again as i'd be able to get a ticket/

My last paragraph was in reference to you saying it'd be cringy celebrating a win over Reading...which again i find baffling. So read that and then my answer and you'll get the gist.

I think today is the day I have been most convinced we are going down. :-(
Still think it's too early to give up hope, but it certainly looks like some clarity is about to get introduced very quickly.

If we go into the Chelsea game on May 1st somehow still even or ahead of Burnley (awaiting results of the derby + Burnley v. Wolves & Watford), then I think we're in great shape. But that would require Burnley to get no more than 1 point off their next two (or us to pull a miracle in the derby), which is possible, but I fear unlikely.

So it does look increasingly likely that we're going to spend the month of May chasing someone from behind. The question will be: do we have a better chance of catching Burnley or Leeds?

We'll see in just a few days.

Last edited:
Still think it's too early to give up hope, but it certainly looks like some clarity is about to get introduced very quickly.

If we go into the Chelsea game on May 1st somehow still even or ahead of Burnley (awaiting results of the derby + Burnley v. Wolves & Watford), then I think we're in great shape. But that would require Burnley to get no more than 1 point off their next two (or us to pull a miracle in the derby), which is possible, but I fear unlikely.

So it does look increasingly likely that we're going to spend the month of May chasing someone from behind. The question will be, do we have a better chance of catching Burnley or Leeds?

If Leeds lose to Palace, we have a good chance of catching them. I actually think we'll go into the final game with it still in our hands (so different to 94 and 98). Obviously that final game is very tough.

Doubt it. Did you not see or read about Wolves at Newcastle last week?
Wolves fan (in peace, as it's customary to say!)

The reasons for pessimism are that
1) it is true that we were woeful against Newcastle.
2) we had a great record against Burnley in the noughties but since then we have really really struggled against them to the point that they're now a bogey team.

But a reason for optimism is that Wolves' performances and results are hard to predict, so hopefully both will be good on Sunday.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Burnley get something from Wolves on Sunday, we lose to RS, then pin all our hopes to Palace beating Leeds on Monday. Then repeat the entire process the next week. Gonna be tough.

You said 'failure shouldn't be rewarded', so i imagine you think it's strange when you see full crowds at lower league games for teams who spent the previous year in a higher division...whereas i think that's great.

I'm 48 and my first season ticket was in 86/87, yet i find it strange when people my age- and especially those younger- feel we have some divine right to be a top club, and winning trophies (when we've only actually won 15 major ones in our entire history- and for a lot of that history were one of the five or six biggest clubs- yet this never resulted in regular trophies and we've never had an era of dominance).

I don't go the aways any more and i'm kinda out of that loop now, but i constantly see our away support and am amazed by it- i'd love to that to stay no matter how many divisons we went down. And if it didn't, i''d hop on board again as i'd be able to get a ticket/

My last paragraph was in reference to you saying it'd be cringy celebrating a win over Reading...which again i find baffling. So read that and then my answer and you'll get the gist.
The problem with going home or away games now is that it is becoming more of a habit than a source of enjoyment.

So it does look increasingly likely that we're going to spend the month of May chasing someone from behind. The question will be: do we have a better chance of catching Burnley or Leeds?

If Leeds lose/draw with Palace + Burnley lose to Wolves we'll be in good shape.

If Leeds lose to Palace, we have a good chance of catching them. I actually think we'll go into the final game with it still in our hands (so different to 94 and 98). Obviously that final game is very tough.

I think we'll be safe after our Brentford game.

Wolves fan (in peace, as it's customary to say!)

The reasons for pessimism are that
1) it is true that we were woeful against Newcastle.
2) we had a great record against Burnley in the noughties but since then we have really really struggled against them to the point that they're now a bogey team.

But a reason for optimism is that Wolves' performances and results are hard to predict, so hopefully both will be good on Sunday.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Since Burnley have removed Dyche theyve changed their style of play so im confident you'll beat them.

Are your main players fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.