Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go down I won’t be wasting any time watching us play in the Championship. I can just imagine the cringe social media admins buzzing their tits off after we beat Reading 2-1 at home.

This is the worst run club in the league and we deserve everything we get. Bad decision after bad decision, no long or even medium term planning. Everton Football Club is an absolute embarrassment.
That's as entitled a statement as anything the glory-hunters from the Sky Six would ever say. Imagine not bothering with your team anymore because they got relegated for the first time in your lifetime.

Fellow posted this on Reddit, showing the remaining fixtures for us, Leeds, and Burnley:

fixtures.png

I think there are two things to consider here:

1) Is Burnley really starting a good run of form? Or did Southampton just do their usual get-safe-and-then-quit-trying routine? Because if it's the former, there's a very good chance they pick up 10-12 more points from their fixtures, especially if Villa continue their poor form. If the Southampton win was just a one-off, though, then maybe they're looking at more like 6-7 points. Could go either way, really, but it should be much clearer after we see them play Wolves.

2) If Leeds lose to Palace this weekend, things have the potential to get really interesting between us and them. Because just as we're not likely to get much from our next two, they're not likely to get much from their next three after Palace. So let's say we get nothing from Liverpool and Chelsea, but they get nothing from Palace, City, Chelsea, and Arsenal (not impossible). Were we to somehow get 4 points between Watford and Leicester in GW36 (I know, both away - trying to cling to some kind of hope here), we'd actually pass them on goal difference heading into the last two game weeks, where we'd still have a game in hand.

So Leeds' game this weekend is massive to keep them from getting dragged into this.

Also highlights just how big Richy missing those two sitters against Leicester was. Even one of those goes in, we win, and we're really pushing Leeds from here on out, not to mention having some breathing room on Burnley.

Good for you, pal. Keep going the games, keep buying the shirts, keep lining the pockets of the utter chancers involved at the club. Clap Kenwright when he comes on the big screen. He really does love the club, you know?

Failure shouldn’t be rewarded.

So basically no Fulham fan should have gone the match this season because they got relegated last time? That'd be weird.

By the way, i've bought never an Everton shirt in my life- last one bought for me was 96/97 (that Danka away thing). And even if these chancers played in the championship, that's a pretty high standard in the entire scheme of things, so it'd hardly be cringy cheering a win.

I didn't realise that the decibels for cheering a goal was based on the esteem of the competition anyway... a new one for me that. Maybe i overreacted when Arteta scored vs Fiorentina that night, as it wasn't in the Champions League. Thanks for that.

That's as entitled a statement as anything the glory-hunters from the Sky Six would ever say. Imagine not bothering with your team anymore because they got relegated for the first time in your lifetime.
Didn’t say I would stop supporting them, just that I’d stop watching them. I’m just not going to stand by and pretend everything is okay if absolutely no changes are made to prevent this happening again. We’ve been sliding for years.

ffs THERE IS NO POSITIVE
So what's the alternative? Carry on being miserable believing in an impossible dream for the next 30-40 or so years we all have left? Stop supporting Everton altogether if we go down as some others in this thread seem to be suggesting? Because if you carry on believing there is no positive to be gained, I can't see what other options you have when the inevitable does actually happen......or are you one of those people that still naively hangs onto the notion that it won't happen as long as we refuse to contemplate the possibility of it?

Didn’t say I would stop supporting them, just that I’d stop watching them. I’m just not going to stand by and pretend everything is okay if absolutely no changes are made to prevent this happening again. We’ve been sliding for years.
Fair enough, a lot of people have stopped watching them years ago. I even tried it for a while.....let me tell you its impossible, unlike an ex you simply just divorce yourself from them and forget about them forever. They will always be there, and they always find a way to hook you back in.

Aye. Two of my best mates are LFC season ticket holders- one stopped going after he decided he didn't like Rafael and then Hodgson, meant he gave up a season ticket he'd had since the late 80s. The other one kept going the game. The one who stopped going gets drunk now and again and nearly starts crying- wishing he'd just loaned it to someone for a few years. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.