Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The penny just didn’t (hasn’t) drop with our players. Holgate recently giving an interview talking about getting in the England team.
DCL talking about winning trophies.

These players won’t realise they are in a fight until they are sparked out on the canvas.
Yup, there has been a few little things over the last couple of weeks and its shown (imo) we really do have a group that are not the brightest upstairs.

Relegation is still very likely and well deserved!

Thats nonsense.The mummy boy plays in the dessert now. Why do you think he isnt playing at a decent level. To blame Benitez for that is Lol. Digne has gone downhill after a good first seaason and is NOT better than Mykolenko. Th e scouting and Brands is the first reason we are in the trouble we are now. Benitez got us 19 points . How many points Lampard will get?
Rafffa chose not to play James multiple times, they had previous but Rafffa couldn't let that go.

Dinge not better than Myko??? Wtf mate, are you serious? Myko looks lost and scared every time he gets forward and can't cross anywhere near as well as Dinge. Rafffa to blame again.

I would feel better about relegation if I knew that the club and board had a concrete plan in place to get us back into the Premier League. The last x amount of years tells us that there will be no plan, and if so, it's not going to be a very good one. There is nobody leading the club with any competence or awareness as to how to run a football club.

I hope they would be able to tell the fans, "Look, this isn't who we are as a football club. We are a historic club with a rich tradition who belongs at the top. This is how we are going to come back better and stronger." I don't care if it is a 2, 3 or 5 year plan. As long as they have a vision and the right people in place leading the comeback.

37 points will see us safe in my opinion and that means 2 wins and 2 draws. There are 2 wins achievable from Brentford H, Palace H and Watford A. 7 points from them games is achievable and then we'd just need a point more from one of the tougher games. No reason why we can't take a point from Chelsea H or Leicester A.

And that's if Burnley even push it that far. We will see on Sunday whether they are likely to. They'd need to beat Wolves to show they are capable of getting to 37 and I don't think they will. Wolves are a decent side and will make it tough for them.
Yep so that's the Brentford that recently beat Chelsea by scoring 4 at Stamford Bridge , Palace who battered us in the FA Cup and Watford who put 5 past us at Goodison.

The only hope that we've got is that those 3 teams aren't arsed when we play them and somehow we start to produce performances which we have been incapable of all season.

Impossible to predict, who would think we would beat Newcastle after getting a player sent off and beat utd, yes we are terrible but we just need to win somehow, the late point at Leicester at least shows we dont give up

It's not just the players, the biggest culprit in all of this is Moshiri, hiring Benitez was the single most disastrous decision in my time supporting the club and that's 50 years, not only was he not fit to manage and should never have been considered it destroyed the real fabric of the club, the supporters. This error was compounded leaving him in place for so long. The owner has got it so very wrong that it's almost as if it were intended. The club is a laughing stock and everyone other than us is laughing.
Absolutely spot on apart from the stadium he’s been a car crash

Which is a tougher game...Man Utd (6th with 54 points) or Norwich (20th with 21 points).

Because in the last 2 weeks we beat 6th placed Man Utd and Burnley were comfortably defeated by bottom of the league.

Where did their so called passion and hunger over ours, get them in that weekend? This simplistic look at the fixture list from some fans is distorting the reality of this relegation battle.

Both teams are very poor but at present we have done enough to be 1 point ahead having played a game less.

We may still go down of course, but the way some are making out that Burnley are now some battling side that will ease to 3 victories in 6 is just not an accurate reflection of how bad their side actually is.
You are overlooking the fact that 2 weeks ago Dyche was in charge , now he isn't.

On the face of it , to the outside world, the decision to get rid seemed inexplicable but maybe , just maybe things were happening inside the Burnley camp that none of us know about and that sacking Dyche was a popular decision with the players and the result is what we saw with a draw at Wham and last night's win - the 2 games they've played since his departure.

Not if you saw them play last night.

They played with passion , hunger and intensity all qualities that we failed to display the previous night.

Their games are far easier than ours.

I'm not being doom and gloom but I'd make them favourites to stay up ahead of us.
Thing is though they are not playing Southampton every week.

Southampton were terrible. They did what they have done many times this season and didn't turn up (1st half anyway).

Wolves will be much tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.