Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest though they are just stats you don't get a trophy for most seasons in the top flight - the last 27 years we've been largely a midtable boring club making up the numbers outside of a few good seasons under Moyes and one under Martinez.

I think people are worrying too much - Newcastle and Villa both went down and are now back in the PL doing better than us. The Championship whilst competitive isn't the most difficult to get out of when you have a half decent squad at that level hence why Fulham and Norwich seem to bounce up and down every season.

Mitrovic has about 40 goals in that league this season and he's lucky to hit 7 a season in the PL.

Whilst players like Keane, Godfrey, Iwobi, Doucoure are average in the PL they'll instantly look boss down there even El Ghazi looked like Messi the year Villa came back up so I dont worry about staying down there.

Just cant be doing with the "RIP EFC" nonsense on social media.

My Villa supporting mate said to me a few days back "those years we where in the Championship what did I miss out on that you were enjoying in the PL?" and the answer was nothing. He also said whilst the quality in that league was less he enjoyed the championship more than he has the PL since coming back up.

You'll be suprised how many will probably feel similiar if the worst happened albeit they wouldn't dare admit it in fear of looking small time in front of the super bloos.
Yes as a Baggies fan whose team have been up and down more than a tarts knickers I much prefer the Championship to the Prem, small town teams always gonna struggle along with the 'money' clubs. Secretly hoping we go down to League one next year so I can have Weekends in Plymouth and Exeter ?

I wish people would just look at the wider picture and realise that Leeds are still not out of the relegation picture

They may have 33 points but they may not pick up another point all season based on their fixtures whilst we still have a chance at home to palace and Brentford and away to Watford.

It’s entirely possible they both Burnley and Everton survive and Leeds go down yet all everyone is worried about is Burnley right now.
I actually think this is what will end up happening somehow

Im more concerned about our ability to pick up points, with a pretty stacked fixture list.

Yes, nobody has an easy run, but I dont care about Leeds or Burnley, I worry whether we can pick up the points WE need, cos in order to trouble Leeds we need to pick up points.
It’s the most competitive league in the world it’s going to be hard to pick up points just have to hope the players pull it out the bag and can do it and turn in a performance when it matters. We may need luck on the way but we got 4 points from Man Utd and Leicester so they havent given up the fight yet. This could go the distance who knows.

I wish people would just look at the wider picture and realise that Leeds are still not out of the relegation picture

They may have 33 points but they may not pick up another point all season based on their fixtures whilst we still have a chance at home to palace and Brentford and away to Watford.

It’s entirely possible they both Burnley and Everton survive and Leeds go down yet all everyone is worried about is Burnley right now.

Leeds have won 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 games. They're not on the ropes and i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if they won at palace on monday. They beat watford 3-0 away last game. Absolutely no chance i can see us winning like that there or anywhere.
No matter how i look at it. I think Everton are in the biggest trouble out of us burnley and leeds.
The away defeat to burnley was a killer. A killer.
Not given up. But i just dont see the quality.

It’s the most competitive league in the world it’s going to be hard to pick up points just have to hope the players pull it out the bag and can do it and turn in a performance when it matters. We may need luck on the way but we got 4 points from Man Utd and Leicester so they havent given up the fight yet. This could go the distance who knows.
Oh its defo going to the wire, I just wish we werent playing 1 of the best teams in Europe on Sunday. (I know lads, soz)

FB_IMG_1621245809657.jpg

If Leeds lose/draw with Palace + Burnley lose to Wolves we'll be in good shape.

I think we'll be safe after our Brentford game.

Since Burnley have removed Dyche theyve changed their style of play so im confident you'll beat them.

Are your main players fit

Wolves' squad is very thin so even one or two absences is a huge deal. Central midfield three chooses itself (Neves, Dendoncker, Moutinho, after that you're down to the kids), of those only Moutinho was fit for Newcastle which made a big big difference. Dendoncker is expected but not Neves.

On the plus side, Jimenez is back from suspension after that ridiculous sending off against Leeds.

Like ours, your run-in looks really tough, so us beating Burnley win would be very welcome not just in Wolverhampton!

Status
Not open for further replies.