Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you were throwing the towel in way too early and not getting behind the team.
I told you I would not hide and I also told you despite them being a bunch of losers I will not be giving up on my team until its mathematically impossible for us to stay up.
The earlier you highlight a problem the better chance you have of fixing it. Seems he was right.

Simple question - are Everton going into administration/liquidation if we go down?

If the answer is no then stop crying and acting like the world is falling apart just because we've experienced something most sides outside the top 6 have/will do.

Its crap but its one of those and we'll go again.
We lost £170m last year. In the premier league. Many of our players are on long contracts with no relegation clauses for either transfers or wage reductions. We have lost hundreds of millions in the past few years. When we are relegated we may well go into administration. If we somehow manage not to, we will have huge debts, massively diminished income and will have had to sell the few good players we have. Relegation may be an existential threat to Everton as a football club and in the best case scenario we will be languishing in the lower leagues for a prolonged spell.

Moshiri has destroyed this club. That is now beyond dispute. We will never play at BMD in my opinion.

It's not fixed and it's probably too late to do so now. Not getting behind the team doesn't help but a lot on this forum didn't realize that early in the season.
It frustrates the hell out of me seeing what the team has become and how some of the fans have reacted. I'm an optimistic guy, I always get behind the team through thick and thin and have been going to matches for nearly 60 years, I have seen some poor teams over the years but I don't remember the fan base being so negative or abusive towards the team and so early in the season as it was.

What is truly frightening is that the lads really seemed to give their all against Burnley. You could see how devastated they were at the final whistle. And I can’t really blame Frank: he didn’t really get his tactics wrong.

Our heads go down when we’re playing away. That’s the bottom line. Carragher said last week that our players are psychologically weak and that they need to have the backing of the crowd to play well. That makes sense because we do play well at home under Frank and we’re dire away from home. We won our last home match and even when we’ve lost home matches under Frank we’ve given a good account of ourselves. When we lost to the champions last month we deserved a point and in fact we were robbed of a point.

I was reading earlier that between late September and late January we attained just 6 points. 6 points in four months! That’s when the damage was done, particularly in terms of the psychological deterioration of our players.

Let’s hope for a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday at Goodison against the Mancs. Win that and one or two others between now and the end of the season and we’ll likely stay up.

Moshiri has destroyed this club. That is now beyond dispute. We will never play at BMD in my opinion.

We fans have demanded new managers whenever we have had a bad run of games- we have zero patience - so we ended up with about 1 manager per year for the last 8 years. So a big part of this is down to us. That said, I blame the players more than anyone else.

What is truly frightening is that the lads really seemed to give their all against Burnley. You could see how devastated they were at the final whistle. And I can’t really blame Frank: he didn’t really get his tactics wrong.

Our heads go down when we’re playing away. That’s the bottom line. Carragher said last week that our players are psychologically weak and that they need to have the backing of the crowd to play well. That makes sense because we do play well at home under Frank and we’re dire away from home. We won our last home match and even when we’ve lost home matches under Frank we’ve given a good account of ourselves. When we lost to the champions last month we deserved a point and in fact we were robbed of a point.

I was reading earlier that between late September and late January we attained just 6 points. 6 points in four months! That’s when the damage was done, particularly in terms of the psychological deterioration of our players.

Let’s hope for a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday at Goodison against the Mancs. Win that and one or two others between now and the end of the season and we’ll likely stay up.

I admire your optimism, looking at our remaining fixture, we need to play at champions league standard week in week out in order to survive. I can’t imagine how we can transform from the worst team in Europe to champions league quality in a few days.

We fans have demanded new managers whenever we have had a bad run of games- we have zero patience - so we ended up with about 1 manager per year for the last 8 years. So a big part of this is down to us. That said, I blame the players more than anyone else.
I agree. Even when we finished 8th under Big Sam we called for a new manager! Madness. Our expectations are ridiculously high and this is the result.

It frustrates the hell out of me seeing what the team has become and how some of the fans have reacted. I'm an optimistic guy, I always get behind the team through thick and thin and have been going to matches for nearly 60 years, I have seen some poor teams over the years but I don't remember the fan base being so negative or abusive towards the team and so early in the season as it was.
The squad is the reason for the negativity among the supporters, one can hardly blame us after the performances they have produced in recent years. Seriously they would have to be worst Everton squad I have ever had the misfortune to have witnessed, the team just don’t seem to gel together. And while I am having a bitch I honestly believe it would not make any difference at this point in time who the manager is, who the owner is, who’s on or not the board, This all on the players no one else.

Burnley - Played 29 24pts
Norwich A
West Ham A
Southampton H
Wolves H
Watford A
Villa H
Spurs A
Villa A
Newcastle H

Watford Played 30 22pts
Leeds H
Brentford H
City A
Burnley H
Palace A
Everton H
Leicester H
Chelsea A

It looks to me that Burnley wont get another 10pts / 3 wins and a draw. I think Watford would find that hard as well.

So for us if we can, by some miracle pick up 3 wins and a draw I think we'll still be safe.

Burnley - Played 29 24pts
Norwich A
West Ham A
Southampton H
Wolves H
Watford A
Villa H
Spurs A
Villa A
Newcastle H

Watford Played 30 22pts
Leeds H
Brentford H
City A
Burnley H
Palace A
Everton H
Leicester H
Chelsea A

It looks to me that Burnley wont get another 10pts / 3 wins and a draw. I think Watford would find that hard as well.

So for us if we can, by some miracle pick up 3 wins and a draw I think we'll still be safe.
I think you nailed it with "miracle".

Relegation is not a bad thing, a big reset is long overdue. I hope Moshiri will end up selling the club, the new owner will force all board member out, especially kenwrong, and let our club embark on a fresh path.

The same exodus will happened to all players, no one will be spared except for a few, the entire sick culture within the squad will be rip out once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.