Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
All hope has gone now. The white flag is flapping in the winds of relegation.

We're closer to being a Derby or a Sheffield Wednesday than we are a Fulham or Norwich. Moshiri has killed us.

I can't decide if I'm sad or empty but the anger has well passed.

The worst part isn't just the idea of playing a division down, in theory we should support the team wherever they are. Hard though it may be to find means to watch away games for those of us who don't go to them.

It's that the very existence of the club could be under threat. Those accounts were horrible and we can't be reliant on Moshiri anymore.

Championship has iFollow - you can pay to watch the games that aren't on tele

If we fold, and there are many days where I hope we do, I will simply do something else. Current list of ideas:

1. Move to Scotland and follow Celtic full-time
2. Become one of those people who follow England (H/A) in the Cricket
3. Move to Spain and follow Atletico
4. Move to Amsterdam and follow Ajax
5. Follow F1 full-time
Fair play if you pick no.2. At least you would be watching a team get hammered in Sydney or Cape Town or Mumbai or Jamaica etc.

I haven’t cared about Everton for years. Mad how little the thought of relegation bothers me now. We’ve been dog for so many years I’ve forgotten what it was like to be half decent.

Mate, we blew a gift handed lead in a vital match by absolutely diabolical play and defending.

These players are crap, chickens, brainless fashion divos.

Just sick of waking up tomorrow with another Everton defeat. Purgatory on earth.
But why, what's happened? Not only crap but utterly unlikable. Where's the Amo's, the Lukakus, the Jags, the Baines, Hibberts, Cahills, gone Even the Osmans, Yobo's,Weirs and the rest. It's a nightmare mate. I cannot understand it. Gomes, Bernard,Davies v Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta. It stinks and it's not Everton.

Simple question - are Everton going into administration/liquidation if we go down?

If the answer is no then stop crying and acting like the world is falling apart just because we've experienced something most sides outside the top 6 have/will do.

Its crap but its one of those and we'll go again.

Think you have to look longer term myself, if we come straight back up then I don't believe we will, but if we are still in the Championship after three attempts we could do a Leeds (16 years out the premiership) or worse a Derby

The worst part isn't just the idea of playing a division down, in theory we should support the team wherever they are. Hard though it may be to find means to watch away games for those of us who don't go to them.

It's that the very existence of the club could be under threat. Those accounts were horrible and we can't be reliant on Moshiri anymore.
Or watch them at all if you live abroad. Here in the US, 5-10 of the league games and any Cup games will be on ESPN+, but that’s it. Pretty tough to really follow a team when you only have access to, at best, 20% of the season.

I haven’t cared about Everton for years. Mad how little the thought of relegation bothers me now. We’ve been dog for so many years I’ve forgotten what it was like to be half decent.

I still care because when it goes well - like Newcastle - there is nothing that matches it. There's no high like that.

My overall enjoyment of footy has been sapped over the last two years, though. I reckon the overexposure of the behind closed doors stuff - games on tele every day - has just killed it. Spurs game the other week, I turned it off at half-time and I've never done that ever. Tonight, considered going for a walk instead of watching it but thought can't do it, relief will be too great if they win.

It's a genuinely pointless venture 90% of the time. That's why it's a sickness. You have a great day with your mates/family until the whistle goes and Everton let you down.

If we go, and I believe we will now, I don't reckon I'll go week in-week out as I do. Still go sometimes, but there will be weeks where I won't bother, just because there's other things to do. Thats not because we're not in the Prem or anything like that, just think it'll be a good jumping off point

Tonight is a bit like the aftermath of losing the family cat. He was a shadow of himself for years, way past his best, no longer competing for the big prizes (like the mice out the back), and maybe reduced to contenting himself with his traditional status as a big club, I mean cub. But when he finally goes, you feel almost relief that the suffering is finally over.

Our remaining fixture list is simply too much for the spineless, characterless, personality-devoid cowards who populate our playing squad. These guys have been pulling the wool over people's eyes for years now. The likes of Godfrey - who wouldn't even take a vaccine to protect himself and his team-mates last year - and Holgate boil my blood. Then there's Iwobi and our model professional DCL, smirking as he misses yet another chance. It's just a game mate, far more interesting things in my life.

How would we bounce back up? We spent half a billion and get bummed by Burnley tonight and languish 17th. Moyes leaving killed us, nobody since has come close to building a team, let alone on his budget.
Too big for our boots and it's pay back time.

In '94, and even in '98, I felt like we had a team that was working together. Many of the individual players were limited in ability, sure, but they formed a cohesive whole and there was a sense in each game of what they were trying to achieve. It ultimately came together, and we stayed up.

Now we have a collection of individuals who don't even look like they understand what football is. The club has been mismanaged to an appalling degree and as things stand, I can't think of any part of it that doesn't need a total and radical overhaul, on the pitch or off it.

Breaking ground on the new stadium is probably the only genuine positive in the last few seasons, and that could now well be jeopardised by relegation.

Having been a Street End season ticket holder for over a decade, I was gutted to give it up when I moved out to Australia a few years ago. However, I can't describe the relief that I feel now that I don't have to work with a load of gloating Kopites on a daily basis.

It hurts to write about all this; I'm just so dismayed by how our wonderful club has been run into the ground by idiots, and how avoidable it all was.

But why, what's happened? Not only crap but utterly unlikable. Where's the Amo's, the Lukakus, the Jags, the Baines, Hibberts, Cahills, gone Even the Osmans, Yobo's,Weirs and the rest. It's a nightmare mate. I cannot understand it. Gomes, Bernard,Davies v Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta. It stinks and it's not Everton.
We have blown a fortune on rubbish players who are far more interested in their bank accounts and fashion than this Club and its fans.

It is really depressing me and I know it shouldn't. But I hate what is happening to the Club I have loved since I was 4.

This evening summed up what we have had to put up with for years. Absolute drivel. Threw away a present of a win.

So now I need to prepare for the Championship.

Tonight is a bit like the aftermath of losing the family cat. He was a shadow of himself for years, way past his best, no longer competing for the big prizes (like the mice out the back), and maybe reduced to contenting himself with his traditional status as a big club, I mean cub. But when he finally goes, you feel almost relief that the suffering is finally over.

Our remaining fixture list is simply too much for the spineless, characterless, personality-devoid cowards who populate our playing squad. These guys have been pulling the wool over people's eyes for years now. The likes of Godfrey - who wouldn't even take a vaccine to protect himself and his team-mates last year - and Holgate boil my blood. Then there's Iwobi and our model professional DCL, smirking as he misses yet another chance. It's just a game mate, far more interesting things in my life.

Cathartic, this

Status
Not open for further replies.