Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford - 6 points from their last two games.

Burnley - 9 points since the start of February.

Leeds - 10 points since the turn of the year.

Norwich - 7 points since 15th January.

Watford - 7 points in the last thirty days.

What’s our record? 9 points since September, which is nearly half a year. If it wasn’t for the start of the year, this would be on par with Derby.

That’s my plan too.

Far too much emotional energy tied up in something that only brings pain.
As someone who left the UK for work 14 years ago I only get to watch on TV these days. I won't even get that next season and probably for many seasons after that.

My only consolation is that my kid has no interest in football. At least he's not going to spend hours fretting about a bunch of blokes who don't care kicking a ball about for obscene amounts of money despite having little talent.

Trying to look on the bright side. Big clubs that go down usually come back at some point. Villa, Leeds, Man City. 1st step is getting Kenwright out and all his acolytes throughout the club. Then Moshiri. Then rebuild.

City weren't a big club when they went down.

Took Villa 2 seasond and almost went back down in their first season back in the top flight.

We'd do a Leeds with our financial woes. Tumble to league 2 then take a decade to come back

Brentford - 6 points from their last two games.

Burnley - 9 points since the start of February.

Leeds - 10 points since the turn of the year.

Norwich - 7 points since 15th January.

Watford - 7 points in the last thirty days.

What’s our record? 9 points since September, which is nearly half a year. If it wasn’t for the start of the year, this would be on par with Derby.

We're no different to Norwich. We've zero chance of staying up.

He was defo botto of the list after his Bournemouth stock went down. He has a bad start at Newcastle, Let’s just give Frank as much slack because he will get us there. It will take time and few suffles of the pack.

Key at Newcastle was he bought some grafters in January (armed with money). Lampard had one day to get players in on loan.

We've done a Leeds, spent all our money on stupid signings, then rolled managers that can't do anything with them, board is a shambles and has been for years, owner is bonkers, and takes advice from the wrong people or laundering money cant decide which?

This has been a decline which started when Moyes left. which is reaching its sadly inevitable conclusion. I'd like to say at least we had a crack at success like Leeds did, but sadly we didn't even do that. I've never really watched Championship footy i'm not even sure if its on the telly over here?

Edit: it is, its on a sports tv app.

We've done a Leeds, spent all our money on stupid signings, then rolled managers that can't do anything with them, board is a shambles and has been for years, owner is bonkers, and takes advice from the wrong people or laundering money cant decide which?

This has been a decline which started when Moyes left. which is reaching its sadly inevitable conclusion. I'd like to say at least we had a crack at success like Leeds did, but sadly we didn't even do that. I've never really watched Championship footy i'm not even sure if its on the telly over here?
We have got a fair few players that are still worth a bit, so financially I think we would would be ok and we need to change most of them anyway as they have been so poor this season, what ever league we are in we need a massive clear out and raise some money to buy younger hungrier players.

We have got a fair few players that are still worth a bit, so financially I think we would would be ok and we need to change most of them anyway as they have been so poor this season, what ever league we are in we need a massive clear out and raise some money to buy younger hungrier players.
Yes you are correct, just to clarify i know were not bankrupt, but due to FFP we were not allowed to spend it, which from a team point of view equates to the same thing.

I welcome it.

Let’s be honest, we deserve it.

And it might bring us the clean out we need as a club.

Bring it on. Let’s make Everton mean something again (from the ground up). Moneyball styles if needs be. Suits us better than the millions we’ve wasted.

Yes you are correct, just to clarify i know were not bankrupt, but due to FFP we were not allowed to spend it, which from a team point of view equates to the same thing.
Sell DCL and Richarlison we would be well in FFP rules. Depending on where we are next season and also Chelsea’s situation then if like Broja on loan to replace DCL.

Were not going down lads.
Worst thing we can do is panic.
Still going to be Norwich, burnley, watford
I like the positivity and until recently I've been quite confident we would stay up. Now, for a multitude of reasons, I am really not so sure.

We need a run of results to buy some breathing room; we need momentum to rebuild the confident. Sadly, since September we've shown the inability to do neither.

I welcome it.

Let’s be honest, we deserve it.

And it might bring us the clean out we need as a club.

Bring it on. Let’s make Everton mean something again (from the ground up). Moneyball styles if needs be. Suits us better than the millions we’ve wasted.
Agree we have been treading water for far to long, something needs to happen to clear a lot of this dross out, I didn’t want it to be relegation but if it comes to that I do think the clear out would happen what we need. We stay up lots of the non performers will still stay around. It’s a real catch 22 position we are in. But ultimately staying up is the most important. I’ve sort of contradicted myself but tbh with Everton I don’t know what to think anymore ?

I like the positivity and until recently I've been quite confident we would stay up. Now, for a multitude of reasons, I am really not so sure.

We need a run of results to buy some breathing room; we need momentum to rebuild the confident. Sadly, since September we've shown the inability to do neither.

It's the inability of the teams below us to put together wins that'll be our saving grace.

After playing Liverpool, Watford have Leeds and Brentford at home. That's crunch time for them and us. If they get 6 points from those 2 games we will be right on the back foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.