Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our aim is only to survive then we should fold the club and put us out of our misery.
Sadly that is the reality. I would think that is the reason benitez was brought in. Safety until we move to BM. Its survival with mid table in mind. Maybe a cup run. We just dont have the quality or winning mentality to go for anything better.
The chance to get Europe last year due to poor form of others, was completely wasted by carlos negative tactics. It will be the only chance of Europe for the foreseeable future looking into next 5 to 10 years.

Like many others I am a long time supporter. 1983. But the last 4 to 5 years we have collected a bunch or wasters.
Been well beaten by watford and the likes is now the norm. It isnt a shock anymore and when I saw pre watford ..will be a win v these ... I'm thinking have ye not seen us enough over last 5 years to realise we can be the worst team in the premiership on any given day so no result is a suprise to me anymore. We are a midtable team at best. And moving downwards as others are passing us season by season.

We have no money to spend on new recruits due to ffp and the pandemic. we cant get rid of the deadwood we already have. We are in a vicious circle that is going to lead us getting dragged nearer and nearer the bottom three spots this season or next season. We have no wriggle room and we are stuck with the muck squad we have now. The squad is paper thin and with even 1 or 2 injuries we are seeing how bad we really are when you scratch the surface. I'm not optimistic at all for the next few years.

We get this thread every season without fail.

Of course we won't go down. We're capable of challenging for a European place (which we challenged for last season) but we're a mid table side.
We challenged last season due to the combined poor form of another 5 or so teams. That was a once off.They passed us. And now the likes of west ham, villa, newcastle, leeds will pull away from us. I agree we should have enough not to be brought in to a relegation battle and I hope not as this bunch of misfit wasters will not have the bottle to get out of it.

We challenged last season due to the combined poor form of another 5 or so teams. That was a once off.They passed us. And now the likes of west ham, villa, newcastle, leeds will pull away from us. I agree we should have enough not to be brought in to a relegation battle and I hope not as this bunch of misfit wasters will not have the bottle to get out of it.

Leeds and Villa have regressed again and will be bottom half. It'll take Newcastle at least a a season or two to push up the table.

We have no money to spend on new recruits due to ffp and the pandemic. we cant get rid of the deadwood we already have. We are in a vicious circle that is going to lead us getting dragged nearer and nearer the bottom three spots this season or next season. We have no wriggle room and we are stuck with the muck squad we have now. The squad is paper thin and with even 1 or 2 injuries we are seeing how bad we really are when you scratch the surface. I'm not optimistic at all for the next few years.
Add to that the problem of losing dcl and richarldson and mina. Trying to replace those with similiar quality will be very difficult. We will not be an attractive club esp with west ham in sunny london and the mega rock geordies joining the top 6 as much more attractive .

Leeds and Villa have regressed again and will be bottom half. It'll take Newcastle at least a a season or two to push up the table.
Leeds and villa will finish ahead of us this season with our current squad. I'm not saying we will be miles behind them and should finish ahead of newcastle this season but we are now chatting about where in midtable we are as a club.

We had an easy start to get points on the board and there’s some atrocious teams in the league this year. Reckon 35 points stays up. So not this year. But I think odds will shorten as we drift down the table, so lumping on at 50/1 and laying later might not be a bad strategy.

Won't get relegated, just be another non descript season lost in immediate memory, much like the previous 25. Never win anything but worse than that never look remotely capable of being able to win or challenge for anything.

If doucoure and DCL suffer anymore setbacks and we pick up another injury to Richi then we will be bottom 6/5.

This is the problem with this group of players, they are massively confidence based players. When the chips are down, they stay down. This is why losing to QPR was massive. Set a bad tone for the season early on going out of a cup against lower league opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.