Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the look of a club circling the drain at this point, and we don't know how long it's going to take before we're able to actually spend real money again to improve the squad, and even when we are able to do that we've got Marcel the clown heading up our recruitment.

It won't happen this season, but we are a club on a very bad trajectory and we need a proper root and branch overhaul of the squad to reverse it.

Nowhere in my post did I say everybody who thinks Benitez isn’t the right man for the job thinks we’re going to be relegated.

But if you think we are, it is largely influenced by the identity of the manager, rather than the objective facts of the situation.

I absolutely do not think we will be close to relegation. I expect 10th-12th place and high 40 points, but significantly less than last year.

For me the problem is the players don’t play with the same intensity against Man Utd or Liverpool as they do against Watford and Newcastle etc

They seem to switch off far too easily against the sides we should comfortably beat and don’t try as much
That has been the case for many many years

giphy.gif

we’ve played nobody of note, we’ve been beaten easily by Villa West Ham and Watford
We are on the same points as Man United, and ahead on GD of Leicester and Arsenal.

I reckon we will avoid relegation by at least 15 points.

DCL to come back, Richarlison, Mina, Doucoure. We will likely finish top half.

If our aim is only to survive then we should fold the club and put us out of our misery.
You have not witnessed the Ike Walker - HK - MK3 era where it went to the last game to stay up in top flight football ........or a very disappointed Walter Smith era ?.......

That's the time to worry ......- we are whereas are as years of mix spent transfer fund or near 1\2a billion....

Any Manager would have struggled this season on a poor transfer budget - two good signings & 2 poor signings - keeper plus Rondon.....

You have not witnessed the Ike Walker - HK - MK3 era where it went to the last game to stay up in top flight football ........or a very disappointed Walter Smith era ?.......

That's the time to worry ......- we are whereas are as years of mix spent transfer fund or near 1\2a billion....

Any Manager would have struggled this season on a poor transfer budget - two good signings & 2 poor signings - keeper plus Rondon.....
I was born in 93 so thankfully dont remember like of Wimbledon game. But I cant agree that staying up is our no.1 goal. It has to be much more.

I expect midtable. Everything about us is midtable.

The idea 16th or 17th is enough is laughable. 10th minimum.
Possible if key players get fit ......you do realise RB has been told no money in January unleashed can somehow get of deadwood.........it's as published that we are losing 2 million per week on wages, plus the new ground........
Financially we are skint .....

Status
Not open for further replies.