Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a strange take. Personally I think relegation will be an absolute disaster that we may never recover from, and I can assure you beating Rotherham and Barnsley won't make me feel better about being a Championship team.
I guess it depends if we measure the club by having a chance at top level silverware, or by fans enjoying themselves.

We will never be in a position to win a top trophy ever again I think. Therefore why measure ourselves against that unattainable yardstick.

Perhaps a diminished standard with a chance of winning would be more fun for us?

How many times did both play for Benitez?

What's the alternative?
It’s irrelevant how many times they played because neither of them are holding midfielders, they’re both indisciplined. The team needed a Lee Carsley type player. Instead we bought 3 wingers and 2 fullbacks, and only one of them is a real starter.

The alternative?? I’d rather go out with a fight than a whimper

3rd highest net spend in the last 5 years. Higher than Liverpool, chelsea, arsenal, spurs etc

And this is what it gets us? It’s surely the worst investment ever in sports history if we get relegated? Walsh, brands etc should never be able to get a job in football again for what they did. Absolutely criminal.
QPR were similar when they went down. Kia Joorabchian involved in both cases

I think it will be enjoyable, if we are in any good state and for a season. But financially I think we are in the crapper. We will need to do a fire sale, there is talk of a points reduction already, we are losing hundreds of millions already. It would be a disaster financially and now we can’t rely on USM to save us. Don’t kid yourself into thinking relegation is a good thing - speak to any fan in the lower leagues and it can been utter terrible.

most would bite their hands off to be in the premier league. It’s what sport is all about - to dream to be the best.

No they would not, the prem is not the only place fans can enjoy football.

Leeds, Newcastle, Villa....have all ebjoyed games and winning football matches in the Championship.

Like I said, I live in Bolton and they have been in all 4 divisons, and have enjoyed the journey of them all at some point.

Also, we are NOT close to a points deduction, stop beleiving the Daily Mail & talksport.

Mate, I appreciate your sentiments but I have invested years of my life and a lot of money in supporting this Club. I really am fed up with the pathetic attitude of this squad.
We all are mate, but I’m afraid getting upset about it isn’t going to change anything.

This is maybe why a reset is needed.

I guess it depends if we measure the club by having a chance at top level silverware, or by fans enjoying themselves.

We will never be in a position to win a top trophy ever again I think. Therefore why measure ourselves against that unattainable yardstick.

Perhaps a diminished standard with a chance of winning would be more fun for us?
But what's the point if the reward for winning is to get back to where you're saying we don't want to be? It makes no sense as a concept. Also worth noting that those Bolton fans enjoyed life outside the PL so much that their average attendance in 2020 was a little less than half what it had been in 2012. Maybe they're all so much happier because they stopped supporting Bolton.

It's the financial side that is the issue. I don't see how people aren't concerned. How can we survive paying champions league wages in the championship, while trying to build a stadium, with material costs going through the roof, and with all our sponsors gone, and with players who we will never be able to shift.

I don't see any positives of relegation, just financial ruin and the humiliation a relegation would bring.

Agree here with this mate.

But thats out of our hands, and Im sure will sort itself out.

My point is the talk of "RIP" and the OTT notion that relegation would kill us.

IM sorry but even if we do go down, and the new ground stops, and we lose all the player, and even go down again....the club will STILL exist and will be playing football on weekends, wearing blue, coming out to z-cars anjd playing in the area we or mist of us are linked with.

IM sorry but even if we do go down, and the new ground stops, and we lose all the player, and even go down again....the club will STILL exist and will be playing football on weekends, wearing blue, coming out to z-cars anjd playing in the area we or mist of us are linked with.
Quite looking forward to relegation now, thanks mate.

This would be my breaking point!

Gotta get to this game as safe as we can be, I fear we wont be though
Mate, you are better off accepting it’s happening.

After we get beaten by Newcastle, we have West Ham away, Man U at home, Mordor away and Chelsea at home.

Done and dusted on Thursday.

We’ll finish the season on about 27 points if we’re lucky.

I’m accepting it so that I can get on with my life.

But what's the point if the reward for winning is to get back to where you're saying we don't want to be? It makes no sense as a concept. Also worth noting that those Bolton fans enjoyed life outside the PL so much that their average attendance in 2020 was a little less than half what it had been in 2012. Maybe they're all so much happier because they stopped supporting Bolton.
I’ll be much happier when Everton are liquidated and I don’t have to sell my soul anymore.

I have a lot of concerns about the medium to long term viability of the club if we go down. I don't think this could be happenning at a worse time.

The humiliation will be awful, and our pride will be destroyed, but we can get over that in time. I don't know if we get over the financial issues, especially in the middle of a stadium build. I think we're in enormous trouble.

I don't really agree with the Bolton angle to be honest. They are not a traditionally top club. They do not have a big worldwide fanbase, and every time I see the Reebok on TV, it's basically empty. Their fans can't be that excited.

It’s irrelevant how many times they played because neither of them are holding midfielders, they’re both indisciplined. The team needed a Lee Carsley type player. Instead we bought 3 wingers and 2 fullbacks, and only one of them is a real starter.

The alternative?? I’d rather go out with a fight than a whimper

Well, it is relevant when you're dismissing playing them because we've tried it.

You also can't name an alternative can you?

I'm not saying it's ideal, dream stuff. I'm saying it's the best we've got.

This is a strange take. Personally I think relegation will be an absolute disaster that we may never recover from, and I can assure you beating Rotherham and Barnsley won't make me feel better about being a Championship team.

The arrogance and brainwashing of prem fans, is why so many pf the other football league clubs hate the prem.

We dont own football, we down own the rights to be more upset than the next fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.