Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich are not well run otherwise they wouldn’t be getting relegated every season.

however they are a club built for being a yo-yo club And it’s sustainable for them.

us? it would be a complete disaster, we are already leaking hundreds of millions of pounds a year. it would be a complete financial disaster. We are so close to being a sunderland it scares the hell out of me.

hence if we go it’s meltdown for this club

No they would not, the prem is not the only place fans can enjoy football.

Leeds, Newcastle, Villa....have all ebjoyed games and winning football matches in the Championship.

Like I said, I live in Bolton and they have been in all 4 divisons, and have enjoyed the journey of them all at some point.

Also, we are NOT close to a points deduction, stop beleiving the Daily Mail & talksport.

Different rules in the EFL. Could easily get points deductions with our finances.

Well, Calvert-Lewin has managed 9 appearances this season. If he'd managed 20+ would we be in as perilous as a position as we are now? I doubt it.

Alli - how many Premier League minutes has he had for us? He's a second striker isn't he?
With a return of 3 in 9, you are probably right, we may not be but "something" isnt right with him, he looks totally dis-interested, has he got eyes away from Everton, yes, so how much effort will be see from him?

Alli as a second striker seems to fit but again he isnt showing much in the games so far

I hope you are right, 100% i fear that they will not raise their game as so many of our squad havent thus far!

Its a mess for sure

Can we not just try something like this for the rest of the season..

Pickford

Keane - Godfrey
Patterson
---------------------- Mykolenko
Allan

-- Doucoure ------------ Van de Beek

Gordon--- Richarlison ---- Gray

If the major concern there is the defense then have Allan drop in with Keane & Godfrey when we don't have the ball with Doucs moving across the pitch following it around, i.e. actually utilising his engine. If we insist on using the width to create then we need Patterson & Mykolenko on the pitch playing a bit higher up to actually support Gray & Gordon. Has to be worth a go? at least at home anyway.

Last edited:

Mate, you are better off accepting it’s happening.

After we get beaten by Newcastle, we have West Ham away, Man U at home, Mordor away and Chelsea at home.

Done and dusted on Thursday.

We’ll finish the season on about 27 points if we’re lucky.

I’m accepting it so that I can get on with my life.
Hardest run in of all the relegation threatened teams. It's done IMO.

Mate, you are better off accepting it’s happening.

After we get beaten by Newcastle, we have West Ham away, Man U at home, Mordor away and Chelsea at home.

Done and dusted on Thursday.

We’ll finish the season on about 27 points if we’re lucky.

I’m accepting it so that I can get on with my life.
Its a fair point.

My only issue is that the investment we make as fans, albeit its mainly "emotional" for me due to distance but its lifelong, generational and my Grandad would never have accepted this, My Dad tells me he was a strong, war hardened man, who cried in 51, I was only a kid when he passed but one of my memories is him buying me my first kit, it was a Dai Davies goalie top(no name on the back in those days lol) and matching cap and going to OT in 77 against Villa with him and him passing shortly after that game, that's the side we struggle to deal with, The reality is life goes on but it hits hard for this one element of our lives.

I have a lot of concerns about the medium to long term viability of the club if we go down. I don't think this could be happenning at a worse time.

The humiliation will be awful, and our pride will be destroyed, but we can get over that in time. I don't know if we get over the financial issues, especially in the middle of a stadium build. I think we're in enormous trouble.

I don't really agree with the Bolton angle to be honest. They are not a traditionally top club. They do not have a big worldwide fanbase, and every time I see the Reebok on TV, it's basically empty. Their fans can't be that excited.

Well this is wrong, and shows how out of touch many prem fans are.

They have good crowds, they are happy and have a great atmosphere....kids go the game, loads of young lads are on-board and they sell out every away game.

They are proud to be one of the biggest clubs/biggest draws in their division....but seem to be able to enjoy competeing.

Well, it is relevant when you're dismissing playing them because we've tried it.

You also can't name an alternative can you?

I'm not saying it's ideal, dream stuff. I'm saying it's the best we've got.
The alternative that you’ve mentioned as been tried. We’ve all seen Allan and Doucoure play in midfield for 2 years, we’ve seen them be caught out of position, have players waltz past them and be unable to make 5 yard passes.

My alternative, for the away games. Would be a 4-1-4-1

As much as people don’t like it I’d replicate what Ancelotti did, Holgate Keane Braithwaite and Godfrey across the back

I’d throw a kid in to sit and not move infront of the back 4

One of Doucore and DVB alongside Ali in front of them. Gordon would be my only guarantee on the wing.

Try and kill them game in the middle of the park basically.

But it won’t happen, so it’s irrelevant

I'm hoping the two-week league break after Sunday will do the squad the world of good but I doubt it.

We should be blocking all players from joining their international squads, and instead focusing on working hard in training to find a formation and set of players and tactics that can work well together.

What will actually happen though is we'll wave goodbye to our superstars as they jet across the globe, likely welcoming back several injuries and going into the next game after the break even more disjointed and desperate than we currently are.

I'd love to think we can go into the break with three points off Newcastle and having finally broken that duck and utterly humiliating record of form at find ourselves in.

I'm thoroughly convinced we're down and I'm perfectly ok with it.

Lots of our bigger players will want out and I'm fine with that, too. Hopefully it's the reset we need, and we get a core of good, young, tenacious players that will get us back up in a year or two, and ready to re-establish ourselves in the PL as something other than a perennial, money-wasting joke of a club.

Myko and Patterson will be great Champo FBs, Gordon will be outstanding and hopefully we can keep hold of Godfrey and Gray who'd do well there too. If not, we cash in.

That's my baselessly optimistic take on it all, anyway. Have a good Monday, me arl muckers.

Pride is only staying the top league ??

Pride would be taking it on the chin, delaing with it....and not being a cry-arse spoilt baby

For an established club like us, the history, the city, the money spent...yes pride. It's been shattered.

Taking it on the chin is what we'll do cos there's no choice. But the idea of being "happy" winning games in the championship cos Bolton did is just accepting there's nothing to be proud about with this club if that came to be.

Being the biggest club in the championship is nothing to be proud about.

The alternative that you’ve mentioned as been tried. We’ve all seen Allan and Doucoure play in midfield for 2 years, we’ve seen them be caught out of position, have players waltz past them and be unable to make 5 yard passes.

My alternative, for the away games. Would be a 4-1-4-1

As much as people don’t like it I’d replicate what Ancelotti did, Holgate Keane Braithwaite and Godfrey across the back

I’d throw a kid in to sit and not move infront of the back 4

One of Doucore and DVB alongside Ali in front of them. Gordon would be my only guarantee on the wing.

Try and kill them game in the middle of the park basically.

But it won’t happen, so it’s irrelevant

It wasn't an alternative I was suggesting - just stating that Doucoure and Allan are our best bet in midfield.

You think Allan shouldn't be in there? Fair enough.

You think Doucoure and van de Beek defensive midfield, with Dele Alli infront to kill the midfield?

I disagree. Doucoure isn't a defensive midfielder. He's said so himself. de Beek off the ball doesn't look great and Dele Alli is a second striker.

The arrogance and brainwashing of prem fans, is why so many pf the other football league clubs hate the prem.

We dont own football, we down own the rights to be more upset than the next fan.
Who's being arrogant or saying they're more upset than anyone else here? You started off with a weird take, now you're heading into just plain bonkers territory arguing points that aren't being made.

Your anecdotal evidence is no better than anyone else's, for every Bolton you know who is really happy (see my other post about them clearly not being so happy that they actually want to go and watch this real football that's so authentic and great though) there's my Sunderland supporting mate who was telling me last night that he can't stand people who say league one is 'proper football' because it is, in fact, absolutely terrible and teams that try to play football routinely just get kicked off the pitch by a load of cloggers, while their small town support talks about how anyone who supports a 'big' club isn't really a fan at all and only people like them who revel in being utter crap are proper football fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.