Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing how this is considered "insightful" now when some of us have been saying this for ages. Only Mina is a capable defender. Coleman is shot. Keane and Holgate should be shot. Kenny is a character in South Park.

As for Godfrey, well, his tenure has been largely disastrous. The two new full backs were clearly bought on a punt. We will do very well to stay up with a defence as poor as this - especially when our forwards have gone AWOL.

5 league games, 4 losses. 5 if you count Duncs game.

With 2 new wingbacks, 2 new midfielders and a new winger.

We have more depth and our main strike force fit and healthy, yet 2 games now we have had zero shots on target.

2 wingbacks signed by your fearless leader who aren't ready, all on the back of selling our main left back, and a loan winger we didn't need.

You gave The Fat One 20 games this season, he signed 7 players, had us in free fall, lost 11 of them.

Yet Frank has 5 league games....

I would go as far as to say it is the biggest match in our club’s history.

If we go down we will do a Derby, it’s as simple as that.

We as fans have to be behind our players from the first whistle to the last. It must be like the Leeds match times ten.
Financially we are prety much busted now; if we fall into the Championship we'll sytay there and might even drop into League One.

And if there's anyone who doubts that they need to have a word with themselves. We are primed to go on a downward spiral like that.

Amazing how this is considered "insightful" now when some of us have been saying this for ages. Only Mina is a capable defender. Coleman is shot. Keane and Holgate should be shot. Kenny is a character in South Park.

As for Godfrey, well, his tenure has been largely disastrous. The two new full backs were clearly bought on a punt. We will do very well to stay up with a defence as poor as this - especially when our forwards have gone AWOL.

I hope he can get back to his form last season but I fear he's another £25 million waste of dough by Brands.

Financially we are prety much busted now; if we fall into the Championship we'll sytay there and might even drop into League One.

And if there's anyone who doubts that they need to have a word with themselves. We are primed to go on a downward spiral like that.

If we go down, the chances of coming up are extremely low, but the chances of going down again are equally low. Have you seen some of the teams at the bottom half of the championship

If we go down, the chances of coming up are extremely low, but the chances of going down again are equally low. Have you seen some of the teams at the bottom half of the championship
Have you seen this team of ours? They'd have no desire to fight in the Championship...or aptitude.

Toughest league in Europe that one is for me.

I hope he can get back to his form last season but I fear he's another £25 million waste of dough by Brands.
Kenwright negotiated that deal btw! It was £20m

He looked good under a capable manager last season but it's hard to compare last year because with fans in the ground our style of play away from home simply wouldn't have got us the points it did.

Not too worried yet.

Whilst it’s never nice getting walloped 5-0 I said a few weeks ago that it’ll be the home form that makes or breaks the season. Nothing I’ve seen since changes that.

At minimum need 11 points from remaining fixtures. A few draws away from home mean 3 home wins might be enough. That’s do-able given current home form

I live in Germany. Perhaps the best analogue for an Everton relegation and what happens to the relegated giant afterwards is Hamburger SV. HSV were the best team in Europe in the early-1980s, 1983 European Champions, so their very best years very nearly coincided with ours. The team of Horst Hrubesch, Manny Kaltz, and Felix Magath were feared across the continent and played in three European finals between 1977 and 1983. HSV were known as the "dinosaurs" in Germany as they were the only club to play in every top flight season after the formation of the Bundesliga in 1963. After years of mismanagement and humiliation, the dinosaurs finally fell through the trap door a few years ago - and are still waiting to get back.

The bigger they are the harder they fall. We will drop like an anvil through netting if we fall. Like HSV, much of our self-respect stems from our tradition. Part of that tradition is being ever-present at the top table of football. When that goes, a lot of the self-respect goes and we become stripped of much of what made us what we were. We become just another formerly successful club with a giant fanbase and ancient history that becomes a burden. Basically, we must stay up.

Even if I am no longer as arsed as I used to be, like...

If it's so difficult to come back up,why is it mostly always the Same clubs that yo yo?
Those clubs are basically stuck in the Robert Earnshaw paradox of being too good for the Champ but not good enough for the Prem.

Everton are like Villa... and they took 3 years to come up.

Everyone needs to calm down and take a breath, we knew getting anything out of last night was going to be tough. Yes in hindsight Frank should've played more defensively, but if our 'world class' forward players created something with the possession we had at the start we could've taken an early lead.
Richie and DCL showed that they are nowhere near as good as Son and Kane.

Now is the time to get behind the team and make Goodison a fortress again. We still have enough games left to get out of this trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.