Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that they give a sh!t but can we stick a poster up on the last door they see before going on the pitch saying this club hasnt been relegated in 72 years. You're the players who will be credited with that.

Our next 2 league games are vital. Both at home starting with Wolves on Sunday and with them playing Thursday night hopefully we can capitalize on that and then the following Thursday we have Newcastle. Both will be tough but also both are winnable.
Brentford are playing Burnley and Leeds are playing Norwich so we will be either further away from the teams above or we could be in the bottom 3 come Sunday night but with 2/3 games in hand. Its going to be tough until the end of the season but I do have faith that we will survive.

If we survive hopefully this will be the wake up call the board needs to move us forward and invest and buy the right players and get rid of the dead wood that don't show any passion or fight.

Not many of the ‘we’ll be absolutely fine, stop wetting the bed’ clowns around today.

The fans will have to drag this sorry bunch over the line, as we are very clearly one of the 3 worst sides.
Defo up to the supporters to drag this lot over the line ,goodison will have to be the most intimidating place to play frighten the life out of the opposition because the players won't.

2 wingbacks signed by your fearless leader who aren't ready, all on the back of selling our main left back, and a loan winger we didn't need.

You gave The Fat One 20 games this season, he signed 7 players, had us in free fall, lost 11 of them.

Yet Frank has 5 league games....

Don't pretend that if Rafael lost 4 out of his first 5 games you wouldn't have been demanding that he be sacked immediately.

If it's so difficult to come back up,why is it mostly always the Same clubs that yo yo?
For a long standing prem side I think it would be a struggle due to the shock of it ( I know Newcastle came up first time twice )

the likes of WBA, Fulham and Norwich have a lot of experience in it.

we’ll be going down (if we do) in a much worse financial state than any of them .

Chelsea fan here again very much in peace

I won’t even start on the chaos we both have off field because as supporters we can do nothing to influence anything. We just have to cross our fingers and hope matters resolve themselves

I am not going to tell you anything you don’t already know about your players or indeed whats gone before in terms of past managerial appointments but I will talk about Frank.

Just before he was appointed I posted this

“ It was abundantly clear to me , yep an outsider, that there is no way that Ferguson will get you through the problems you face. No doubt he will stir things up but the tactical awareness and indeed experience clubs like Burnley, like Newcastle, Watford and yes even Norwich is something at this stage of the seasons something you will need in bucket loads as much as anything because the majority of your players are for them in unknown territory.

Frank given the blank canvas that comes with start of a new season would be fine for you.The pre season would enable him to get players in and instil his ideas.
His style is refreshing and there is no doubt you would be far more of a threat going forward but you would be sacrificing defensive shape and sorry but at this point in time I can’t see he is the answer for you in this critical last third of the season.
I haven’t a clue who you should go for as manager . Personally I think you need an interim appointment”

Of course your players have a lot to answer for last night was shambolic either Frank is expecting too much from them or they are confused.

it’s pretty obvious your next two games have to yield points a win in one of them is the minimum but playing Newcastle is just not the type of team you want to play at the moment meaning Wolves is your best bet.

But , and here’s the big but , Frank for all his intelligence will probably set up in exactly the same way and sorry Wolves may not be great going forward but they aren’t too bad defensively. Newcastle on the other hand aren’t fabulous at the back but are very decent now going forward. They say timing is everything but these two games before your FA cup game at Palace just couldn’t be worse because even if it’s subconscious the players will thinking about that game

I truly wish you well. But as I said in that earlier post Frank, Ashley and his team haven’t had to deal with the threat of relegation and probably won’t be able to abandon his desired style of play in attempt to grind out the odd point and that I am afraid has to change before it’s too late for you

One last thing all this talk about your home crowd getting your players through is dangerous talk because when the players hear that they will almost be putting up the white flag when you play away because everyone is telling them that the home games will yield the points and to be honest with your form you really can’t take that approach

Our next 2 league games are vital. Both at home starting with Wolves on Sunday and with them playing Thursday night hopefully we can capitalize on that and then the following Thursday we have Newcastle. Both will be tough but also both are winnable.
Brentford are playing Burnley and Leeds are playing Norwich so we will be either further away from the teams above or we could be in the bottom 3 come Sunday night but with 2/3 games in hand. Its going to be tough until the end of the season but I do have faith that we will survive.

If we survive hopefully this will be the wake up call the board needs to move us forward and invest and buy the right players and get rid of the dead wood that don't show any passion or fight.
We ( wolves) are playing poor at the moment, little threat up front and very readable to the opposition. Any team that presses against us, we struggle, Our foundations of good in defence the last month is in tatters due to injury to our right back and having no cover. I feel you will be playing us at the right time

Don't pretend that if Rafael lost 4 out of his first 5 games you wouldn't have been demanding that he be sacked immediately.

Benitez got 1 win from 13 games, having inherited a side that got 59 points. He has broken what was fixed and caused this mess.

Lampard has won 3 from 8. The problem here isnt Lampard. Its the lowlife slob who came before him

I'd say an additional problem we now have is the fact we have 4 games to rearrange in April and May:

Burnley away
Leicester home
Palace home
Watford away

It's strange how we are nearly in the middle of March and at least 3 of those games haven't yet been rearranged. It looks increasingly chaotic to me. There really needs to be 3 points minimum coming out of Wolves/Newcastle next week.

We ( wolves) are playing poor at the moment, little threat up front and very readable to the opposition. Any team that presses against us, we struggle, Our foundations of good in defence the last month is in tatters due to injury to our right back and having no cover. I feel you will be playing us at the right time

You have literally described Everton

Not many of the ‘we’ll be absolutely fine, stop wetting the bed’ clowns around today.

The fans will have to drag this sorry bunch over the line, as we are very clearly one of the 3 worst sides.

A very close but staying up would be the best thing that could happen in the long term

A classic get ok end to the season and finishing 14 will end up glossing over it for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.