Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've have had three match points but we could be about to face a tie-breaker if we do not get it done now. We might well fall over the line because one of the other two implode, but if we cannot see ourselves clear by Thursday night then it'll be a shameful and nerve-wracking ordeal for the fans over the weekend. We have no self-esteem as it is, and now these players are so incompetent that they are in danger of putting us through this trauma on Sunday. What a lamentably weak group of players we have. I'm not talking about the younger players (Gordon, Branthwaite, etc.), but the more experienced fellas who seem to find ways to either snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or excuses to cry off before we face a major crunch, leaving the likes of Brantwaithe to fend for himself at 19.

These contemptible mediocrities deserve nothing but indifference come Monday. I have no confidence they will spare us the paralysing tension this weekend. But if, by some chance, they do, they deserve no credit for it. They've embarrassed us this season. A purge needs to start come Monday.
We would of been safe on Sunday but for some Sunday league style reffing. The players gave all but for the 10-15th time this season horrendous reffing had screwed us over. Yes most of the season they been terrible but they turned up lately

I’m not remotely bothered either.
Not as bothered as I usually would be. But it pains me to see our city rivals win stuff when we're so bad. They usually can't wait to rub it in our noses. The ones that don't are quietly smug and condescending.

I don't care if they win stuff this year as long as we stay up. But if we went down and they won the title it's salt in the wound. They're our closest rivals, and, as unrealistic as it sounds today we should aspire to compete with and beat them.

I don't want City or any other club to win stuff either. But if city or some London club win you don't get it lorded over you.

As long as they retain the pace and physical presence in midfield, they will be fine.

Our downfall is a consequence of slow and soft midfield signing since Martinez. It’s been a decade of absolute rubbish signings from cleverly to siggy and everything in between. Non of our midfielders were capable of dominating with strength and pace, the bare minimum to survive in this league.
Pickford and Rich are the only decent signing since Mosh came in

Not as bothered as I usually would be. But it pains me to see our city rivals win stuff when we're so bad. They usually can't wait to rub it in our noses. The ones that don't are quietly smug and condescending.

I don't care if they win stuff this year as long as we stay up. But if we went down and they won the title it's salt in the wound. They're our closest rivals, and, as unrealistic as it sounds today we should aspire to compete with and beat them.

I don't want City or any other club to win stuff either. But if city or some London club win you don't get it lorded over you.
They always win stuff.

We won stuff in a total of 14 seasons.. that it

They win something every few years

We havnt been rivals since the 80s

They got "lucky", loads of contracts expired and they had money in the kitty.

Now of course it wasnt lucky, just good planning.

But even after shedding 5 or 6 players this Summer we still have a 24 player squad and "no money".

But I think Palace are massively overblown on here, sure they might be prettier on the eye and the players they signed are "likely" to get better or at least move on for more money, but they havent "improved" as such, still finishing in the same place they always do.

Proof is of course in the pudding next season or 2, but at the very least, its a solid plan.
At the end of last season I thought that they were a cert for relegation with several players at the end of there contract and the manager leaving.
They have shown that with the right decision makers at a club a bad situation can be turned around quite quickly.
They may not be many places better off than last year but the quality of the football they play is light years ahead of the dross they produced under Hodgson

May as well just give up then and get relegated?
Or we could sack the board and get a new board and start to rebuild the club with a young hungry manager.

Let’s not forget who the real enemy is and why we are even in this predicament in the 1st place

Like everyone else I am pretty much putting all my hopes on tomorrow nights game for our survival. That said, we shouldn't automatically write off our hopes of a draw at Arsenal if it comes to it. Given our away record at the Emirates and this season, I think it would be pointless expecting us to grind out a win but if we get a point tomorrow night then we only need a point on Sunday (and that's not taking in to account Leeds or Burnley's results).

I'm not saying we have a good chance of a draw at the Emirates, but just that it's not quite as impossible a task as some in our fanbase are making out. We have drawn there in the past, and we got a draw at a CL qualifying Chelsea this season with a severely weakened team. Arsenal will be deflated too after the 2 recent defeats.

The panic will set in if we don't get the job done tomorrow night but if we at least get a draw (and hopefully Burnley don't better that vs Villa) then I don't think we are down and out even if Leeds do win vs Brentford.

Status
Not open for further replies.