Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to take encouragement from the fact it only really took one window for them to really reshape the look of their squad.

Loan of Gallagher, Guehi and Andersen at the back, Olise on a bargain (that we should have absolutely been all over as a James replacement) plus two decent attacking options in Edouard and Mateta.
They got "lucky", loads of contracts expired and they had money in the kitty.

Now of course it wasnt lucky, just good planning.

But even after shedding 5 or 6 players this Summer we still have a 24 player squad and "no money".

But I think Palace are massively overblown on here, sure they might be prettier on the eye and the players they signed are "likely" to get better or at least move on for more money, but they havent "improved" as such, still finishing in the same place they always do.

Proof is of course in the pudding next season or 2, but at the very least, its a solid plan.

Absolutely pathetic we’re going into a game against crystal palace knowing they’ve got better players. How we have fallen.

Solid recruitment mate.

Did the things we should have done. Signed young players, hungry and determined. Signed pace, signed exactly what they needed.

Even before Ancelotti we were planning short term.

Palace signed Olise, Eduoard, Andersen and Guehi. Gallagher loan has been amazing and they’re looking for the future with players like Plange from Derby.

Meanwhile we signed players at their “peak”, whereas Palace if required have 8-9 players they can sell for huge profit.

No shame in being behind Palace when they’re doing it right. Just shame in the fact weve blown half a billion and are worse off for it.

The players should be looking forward to this tbh. It’s why they started playing football. The chance to be the hero in a huge game. They’ll be carried from the pitch.

It’s Wimbledon and Coventry times ten given where we are with the stadium.

Get it done lads.
Agreed. The problem is that some of the lads are weak mentally, understandably so given what’s happened this season.

Why are some people actually even bothered about Liverpool winning the title? All that matters is if we stay up. I couldn't even care what them lot do.

In fact I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't care if Liverpool win the title because it would mean that we retain being the 4th most successful domestic English team, whereas City will go 1 behind us on 8 titles to our 9 if they win it.
I’m not remotely bothered either.

the odds of us going down or Liverpool winning the title is roughly the same, wide 5% outside chance and 1% both happen.

nothing to lose sleep over.

Absolutely pathetic we’re going into a game against crystal palace knowing they’ve got better players. How we have fallen.

Yes they have better players. And that game will be very dependent on the players' mentality (both teams) and us fans being the 12th player. I hope Goodison will produce some magic.

I wouldn’t call it pathetic, we don’t have some god given right to be finishing above teams we’re supposedly “bigger” than. Teams are going to try to improve.

At the end of the day they’re obviously a well run club with a clear plan in place whereas every aspect of our club from ownership to playing staff to academy set up is crap and we are getting exactly what we deserve.

I hope we improve but in all honesty I don’t see next season being any better than this one

They got "lucky", loads of contracts expired and they had money in the kitty.

Now of course it wasnt lucky, just good planning.

But even after shedding 5 or 6 players this Summer we still have a 24 player squad and "no money".

But I think Palace are massively overblown on here, sure they might be prettier on the eye and the players they signed are "likely" to get better or at least move on for more money, but they havent "improved" as such, still finishing in the same place they always do.

Proof is of course in the pudding next season or 2, but at the very least, its a solid plan.

As long as they retain the pace and physical presence in midfield, they will be fine.

Our downfall is a consequence of slow and soft midfield signing since Martinez. It’s been a decade of absolute rubbish signings from cleverly to siggy and everything in between. Non of our midfielders were capable of dominating with strength and pace, the bare minimum to survive in this league.

This is my last post until Sunday evening. I don’t want to talk about Everton. I don’t want hear about Everton. Fortunately, I live in a part of the world where, if I don’t actively search it out, there will be absolutely no news about the club. There’s NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, a new baseball season and what few people that are interested in the Premier League, aren’t interested in Everton, so I can shut it out…because the “up or down” scenario is driving me batty.
“Up” would make my year. “Down” would be downer…it’s the not knowing that kills ya!

@please lol lol ok here’s my choices thus far.

(a) stick my head down the toilet a lot until i can’t remember who i support.

(b) go and live an armitage life.

(c) try and work for nasa (sneak to space)

(d) get sectioned so i completely go insane and come out thinking i don’t like any sport
Fake your own death get a new name and life and support a winning team

Status
Not open for further replies.