Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier said than done to get rid of them. Most of the squad need to take a step down to find their level but that'll come with lower wages so they have no incentive to move unless their contract is up at Everton.
Everton always struggle to find buyers for the players we actually want to get rid of so to actually sell them we need to keep the prices low and with the financial position we're in at the moment, we can't afford to just give players away.
I reckon at least 1 out of Richarlison, DCL or Pickford will be gone in the summer to bring in some money so Frank is going to have to work some magic with the huge limiations he has.
I doubt we'll see as many players leave as we'd like and that'll mean not as many new faces as we'd like.
" I doubt we'll see as many players leave as we'd like and that will mean not as many new faces as we'd like". I agree with all that. Unfortunately that's what I also think.
And i'd just add to that , that with these players , that next season will be a struggle just as this season has been.

Let's hope we can keep Richarlson and Pickford. Think that DC L will be gone.
And Let's hope that a few youngsters can step up and be counted for next season. Branthwaite......Patterson.....Myko continues to improve.....onyango.....Dobbin.....Ellis......Price......
And Gordon finds an end product. Godfrey improves. Iwobi continues in the same frame of mind.
So not to bad a nucleus of a team......plus a few young fast forward passing newcomers. Midfield and up front...

Think we all know who the dross are. Let's see who Lampard gets shot off. And those that stay.......well there is no rule saying that we need to play them. Drop or bench them. Run their contracts down.
We need this team changed. We need this team freshened up. We need better. Let's hope that Lampard has players targetted. Or next season will just be the same old same old. Ramble over. Up The Toffees.

Last edited:
What is the point in being worried about it mate? What good would that do? We are in a far better position then this team has any right to be. We have our fate in our own hands and honestly we just need four points more to be safe (though six or better would obviously be preferable). If we can't manage that with Brentford and Crystal Palace at home still to play then tbh we don't deserve to stay up. It's fairly realistic and quite achievable target there for us. We'll either manage it or we won't & there's absolutely no point in worrying about it.
Very philosophical :) And in my opinion, the right way to go about it. Why bother? As it will be - so it will be, but we will do everything that depends on us.

Hi all! Let me join your forum :)

Last night was disappointing against such a poor team, but considering we have only picked up 6 points away from home before this last weekend and now an extra 4 points away in the last 2 games then it is more than I would have expected from these 2.

Yes, we could have put some distance between us and the teams below.

However, 2 home games we need to focus on getting 2 wins so need the drive and support that we have had in last few weeks.

I know this is Everton, but I am confident that we will be another step away from relegation by Sunday evening.

What is the point in being worried about it mate? What good would that do? We are in a far better position then this team has any right to be. We have our fate in our own hands and honestly we just need four points more to be safe (though six or better would obviously be preferable). If we can't manage that with Brentford and Crystal Palace at home still to play then tbh we don't deserve to stay up. It's fairly realistic and quite achievable target there for us. We'll either manage it or we won't & there's absolutely no point in worrying about it.

i can’t help but worry mate i know i’m banging on about it and probably wrecking everyone’s heads every post i make

i’m worried we won’t do it that’s all

i can’t help but worry mate i know i’m banging on about it and probably wrecking everyone’s heads every post i make

i’m worried we won’t do it that’s all
Have to try and think about it differently as hard as that is, 7 points from the last 9 I think we would have all taken that. Let’s just get behind the team and push them over the line.

Keep
Pickers
Patters
Godders
Mykers
Gorders
Richers

Sell
Rest
Also give a few youngsters a chance to see if they are up to it. I'm only talking about about 3 or 4... Braithwaite being one . And incredible as this may be........keep iwobi as well. If he continues in his present form.
And your list of players to keep is spot on. Just my thinking as well.

would be awful to line up next season with Coleman.....Keane.....Holgate....Gomes......Delph.....Gray.....Rondon. And others. Just awful.
Ps......Just a comment on Delph. Great that he is doing his bit to help us avoid the drop. But he ain't the way forward. We need younger and better.
Up The Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.