Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds beating BHA is not as unrealistic as people are making out, BHA aren’t Man City. Yes they are better than Leeds but I wouldn’t trust them. In fact, I just checked the odds and the bookies have Leeds as favourites. I can definitely see them winning that, it’s desperation time for them.

But I can’t see Burnley beating Spurs or Villa, one point maximum I think. If Burnley do get one point from next two games, that means we will need two points from final three.

I can’t stand our team you know, this agonising they’ve put us all through. Gang of Horrors.

Who do the bookies have as favourites out of us and Brentford?

Leeds beating BHA is not as unrealistic as people are making out, BHA aren’t Man City. Yes they are better than Leeds but I wouldn’t trust them. In fact, I just checked the odds and the bookies have Leeds as favourites. I can definitely see them winning that, it’s desperation time for them.

But I can’t see Burnley beating Spurs or Villa, one point maximum I think. If Burnley do get one point from next two games, that means we will need two points from final three.

I can’t stand our team you know, this agonising they’ve put us all through. Gang of Horrors.
Although Brighton don't really have anything to play for, they'll want to finish in the top half of the table and they're going to need at least 1 more win to achieve that so hopefully they'll put the effort in on Sunday.
Another Leeds defeat and it'll leave Everton needing just 1 point to effectively be safe on goal difference.
Ideally a Brighton and Everton win and we can finally put this season behind us and move forward.

And Brentford and Palace aren't either.

It would be foolish for any of us to think we are definitely safe but it's not unreasonable for anyone to expect us to be able to get 2, 3 or 4 points from the next 2 home games, whilst Leeds or Burnley fail to get the required needed to send us down.
I think anything is yet possible. Our players, management, and fans should be on a heightened state of nuclear alert until we are mathematically safe. We are in the heat of a survival battle, with all the agonies that entails. We have a job to do. We have focus to keep. Our assumption must be that Leeds win their final two matches. That means we must find a way to ensure we take the four points we need from the available nine. It implies that, right now, Frank cannot hope to employ the same defensive tactics at home to Brentford and Palace and garner the four points needed, because those tactics imply two points from those games.

We have the advantage in knowing what we need because we play later. That's a double-edged sword, but it means that if, say, Leeds beat Brighton, we know we need to get on the front foot against Brentford.

Make no mistake: we can be relegated. We are in the white heat of a survival battle, but you are absolutely correct: it is reasonable to expect us to be able to do what is required now for two reasons. First, what is required of us is less than what is required of Leeds and Burnley. And second: at some point these useless wasters that are our players have to earn the right to stay in the Premier League. If they are unable to do that, then, we as fans can have no complaints whatsoever. Given the position we are now in, if we cannot do the needful we will have found our true standard: the Championship.

While hopefully still getting rid of a lot of these players, and does not think because they "Saved us" that they deserve new 1 year deals or more etc
I've said it before and I'll be saying it all summer (hopefully because Frank has overseen our survival): if he persists with any more than a handful of these wasters he will be out of a job by Christmas. Never forget what this season has been like for Evertonians: purge, Purge, PURGE!!!

I’m not about to search through the forum but I said somewhere that if we stayed up, which we aren’t safe yet, but our points would come in the most random ways. If you told me how the last few games had played out I’d call you crazy. We are in a much better position than Leeds and Burnley. Let’s turn up Sunday and get the 3 points. I’m sure Goodison will be rocking.

Obviously I don't know what you've seen on twitter so i'm not disagreeing with you personally here. I have been quite annoyed though by how many people i've seen saying we bottled it last night and the players think they've done enough and even just that it was a game we definitely should have won. The table really doesn't lie at this stage, we're 16th because we're absolutely rubbish, and every single game we play is very difficult for us. The amount of people who seemed to think we were just going to rock up at Watford and batter them was staggering. We've ground out some results playing a certain way and, if we're honest, by having a bit of luck. The idea that just playing 433 and being more attacking would definitely have led to a win is bizarre. When we lost at Burnley everyone said we were naive to be so open, a couple of weeks later everyone's claiming we should have played like that. There's genuinely no pleasing some people.

I was one of those who was disappointed in last night. I’m not bothered about differing opinions, that’s life. It’s these people who go around trying to dictate or shame people over such opinion on a footy match. It’s how they go about it.

It’s jarring. It’s the same thing over and over . “Just get behind the team” “stop being negative “. And I guarantee it will be the same thing when it comes to the board this summer. The same folk will be doing it again .

How much behind the team can fans get? They have been superb lately and because some are frustrated about last night they get shouted down. Nah I’m not having that.

No one is denying we are rubbish.

I think anything is yet possible. Our players, management, and fans should be on a heightened state of nuclear alert until we are mathematically safe. We are in the heat of a survival battle, with all the agonies that entails. We have a job to do. We have focus to keep. Our assumption must be that Leeds win their final two matches. That means we must find a way to ensure we take the four points we need from the available nine. It implies that, right now, Frank cannot hope to employ the same defensive tactics at home to Brentford and Palace and garner the four points needed, because those tactics imply two points from those games.

We have the advantage in knowing what we need because we play later. That's a double-edged sword, but it means that if, say, Leeds beat Brighton, we know we need to get on the front foot against Brentford.

Make no mistake: we can be relegated. We are in the white heat of a survival battle, but you are absolutely correct: it is reasonable to expect us to be able to do what is required now for two reasons. First, what is required of us is less than what is required of Leeds and Burnley. And second: at some point these useless wasters that are our players have to earn the right to stay in the Premier League. If they are unable to do that, then, we as fans can have no complaints whatsoever. Given the position we are now in, if we cannot do the needful we will have found our true standard: the Championship.
Great post. Can't argue with any of it!

While hopefully still getting rid of a lot of these players, and does not think because they "Saved us" that they deserve new 1 year deals or more etc
Easier said than done to get rid of them. Most of the squad need to take a step down to find their level but that'll come with lower wages so they have no incentive to move unless their contract is up at Everton.
Everton always struggle to find buyers for the players we actually want to get rid of so to actually sell them we need to keep the prices low and with the financial position we're in at the moment, we can't afford to just give players away.
I reckon at least 1 out of Richarlison, DCL or Pickford will be gone in the summer to bring in some money so Frank is going to have to work some magic with the huge limiations he has.
I doubt we'll see as many players leave as we'd like and that'll mean not as many new faces as we'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.