Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t anyway near the quality of players to stay in this league. All on 50,000 plus but totally pathetic in team formation, bonding, tactics and awareness. [Poor language removed] from all of them.

Yes, there’s still 18 games to go, and there’s still plenty of poor sides in the division.

Norwich Watford Burnley Brentford Newcastle. We just have to finish ahead of three of these teams.
Yes. But it is nailed on to be a hard slog now. No way we will be comfortable any time soon

Yep, tbf leeds and sunderland are big outliers here... But i still dont want to get relagated lol

No one does!

But its the extent in which our fans hype the possibility of it one day as being the end of Everton FC that winds me up - 1878-2022 RIP x.

Its nonsense and shows we lack understanding of our current position in the grand scheme of English Football.

Relegation hasn't crippled Leicester, Villa or Wolves.

As I always say - Villa went down, came back up and are now above us.

What did we achieve all those years that Villa were in the championship? What was so great and joyous for our fans that Villa fans were missing out on?

You can throw Newcastle into the above mix once the Saudi's start their sports washing.

Not saying I want relegation but the obsession our fans have with "we'll go down and not come back lad promise u dat" is nonsense - Norwich and Fulham literally come up and down every season and their accounts are brilliant because of the PL parachute money.

We're nothing but another mid table outfit these days - akin to a Palace and Southampton and our day will likely come - but we WILL march on.
The problem for us is we share a City with the country’s 2nd most successful team. We have already see them trying to take the city for themselves with all the murals. We are losing fans to them as it is we go down as I said earlier what Young kid from the city is going to pick the championship team. The stadium is are last hope puts us back on the map if we go that goes with it.

For me if we did go down we wouldn't come back up like the other clubs. We would spend a number of years
in the wilderness. Possibily like City had done. Maybe like Leeds had done. Or maybe like Forest.

I know we've been relegated before both times equally must have been as bad as it is now for us. I mean in 1929/30 was just 2 years after Dixie's 60. And in the 50's we spent 4 years out of top flight.

Is it a different world now? Let's not go down, please!

Yes, there’s still 18 games to go, and there’s still plenty of poor sides in the division.

Norwich Watford Burnley Brentford Newcastle. We just have to finish ahead of three of these teams.

The issue I have is that we don't have the stomach for the battle against these lot.

Relegation hasn't crippled Leicester, Villa or Wolves.

As I always say - Villa went down, came back up and are now above us.

What did we achieve all those years that Villa were in the championship? What was so great and joyous for our fans that Villa fans were missing out on?

You can throw Newcastle into the above mix once the Saudi's start their sports washing.

Not saying I want relegation but the obsession our fans have with "we'll go down and not come back lad promise u dat" is nonsense - Norwich and Fulham literally come up and down every season and their accounts are brilliant because of the PL parachute money.

We're nothing but another mid table outfit these days - akin to a Palace and Southampton and our day will likely come - but we WILL march on.
The finances are another level with the tv money in the prem.

With the financial mess we are in already plus massive wages it would cripple us. Reckon we would have to sell half the squad - and the ones we wouldn’t be able to shift like Iwobi etc would still be here on huge wages.

God knows that happens to the stadium then as well…

Relegation would be catastrophic for the club no two ways about it.

Both won today to ratchet up the pressure on us...

i'm pretty sure the teams below us are looking up and thinking "we can catch these"...

Status
Not open for further replies.