Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's been fireworks going off sporadically over a 2 hour period last night outside the Chelsea hotel. I wonder if their team coach survived the night, unlike the Wimbledon one in 94.
TBH I really don't agree with this behaviour. Just because other mobs do it home and abroad, Everton fans should not descend to those levels. "Whatever way we play, we play it it fair and square" - ffs

TBH I really don't agree with this behaviour. Just because other mobs do it home and abroad, Everton fans should not descend to those levels. "Whatever way we play, we play it it fair and square" - ffs
I can see what you mean, but those lyrics weren't penned when we were in a desperate relegation dog fight. The players haven't been fair and square to us this season. We need to tip the balance somehow.

We are this position because:
1. Kenwright wanting control of some club affairs
2. Terrible managerial appointments
3. Awful recruitment
4. Renewing contracts for championship players
5. Michael Keane

…..our fans don’t deserve this, I fear today is last chance saloon.

The darkest managerial appointment in our history has ultimately put us in the darkest position in our history, we can only hope the Gods of Goodison transpire to get us the victory we need to give us a chance.
Benitez?

Most these from a couple weeks ago.
I'm doing this in the hope Leeds lose 4 and draw 1 of there next 4 games so i can happily have egg on my chubby chase.

Burnley taking 10 points from a possible 12 after sacking Dyche is something that nobody expected at the time of those posts. It is possible, maybe even likely, that even the 40 point safety mark is not enough this season.

It is not a time to point and say I told you so. It is in our hands but we do need the team to go on a run similar to Burnley. Starting today against a Chelsea team with nothing to play for. Leeds will get at least 1 point from a Chelsea B team in 10 days (3 days before the FA Cup Final). We need to do the same.

Having slept on it, I think we may need to win 4 from 6 to stay up.

That doesn't mean we "must" win today but in reality I think we have to.

Firstly, it would be a huge win in its own right and puts the pressure on Leeds. I think it's between us and them now. Burnley will do enough.

On balance I still think we will go down, but might be alive until the final day. If we need anything from that Arsenal game, with the way everything has gone this season, I don't see us getting it.

We can’t do those things , others dive, we do it and get booked , others crowd the ref, we do it and get booked, other so professional foul to break up play, our players get sent off, I bet if people started letting off fireworks and burning coaches , it would end up being the Everton team bus and the fireworks would be going off outside Gordon’s house

…..our fans don’t deserve this, I fear today is last chance saloon.

The darkest managerial appointment in our history has ultimately put us in the darkest position in our history, we can only hope the Gods of Goodison transpire to get us the victory we need to give us a chance.
Have faith we can do it

What are the chances that Leeds lose out? I know we need a win, but is too much to ask if we draw today and hope we beat both Watford and Brentford?
Like all of us, I've been all over the permutations. I think Leeds have a great chance of winning their last 2. Hopefully they lose the other tougher games before then. That puts them on 40 points. A draw today is only good enough if we followed it with a win against either Leicester or Arsenal. And that assumes we win all other games.

Burnley taking 10 points from a possible 12 after sacking Dyche is something that nobody expected at the time of those posts. It is possible, maybe even likely, that even the 40 point safety mark is not enough this season.

It is not a time to point and say I told you so. It is in our hands but we do need the team to go on a run similar to Burnley. Starting today against a Chelsea team with nothing to play for. Leeds will get at least 1 point from a Chelsea B team in 10 days (3 days before the FA Cup Final). We need to do the same.
Chelsea players won’t want to relegate Frank, players will also want to play in the cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.