Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like the calm before the storm. It will be interesting to see if Lampard goes, all out high press and attack, or whether he goes same tactics as last week, 10 behind the ball and hit them on the counter. Either way, we need to take our chances when we get them and we'll win.

so-itbegins-lord-of-the-rings.gif

Let's look at Leeds prospects against Arsenal and Chelsea - the s... hasn't hit the fan for them yet

Leeds 34- 34 -34
Everton 32-29 -21

8th Arsenal A
11th Chelsea H

(and then Brighton H - a team in great form away from home - as we play Brentford H)
(and then Brentford A as we play Arsenal A)

If Leeds should happen to get just 1 point from those 2 games it gives them

Leeds 36-35 -35 or more GD - and, hopefully, on a downward spiral.

We have 4 games outside the two mentioned above to get (probably need) 6 points or more. Now I am not saying they are easy - and nor are Leeds assured of getting just one point - but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that we have Chelsea H, Leicester A, Watford A and Palace H to close the gap whilst Leeds are inactive. Even 3 or 4 points from these 4 games potentially puts us right back next to them with a shot at overhauling them. That's how we deal with this, one game at a time.

Chelsea players won’t want to relegate Frank, players will also want to play in the cup final

They will not play Mendy, James, Azpi, Rudiger, Thiago, Alonso, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Havertz or Werner. Basically anyone starting the FA Cup Final which is all Chelsea care about now.

That means Kepa, Kenedy, Chalobah, Sarr, Saul, RLC, Ziyech, Pulisic and Lukaku will come in, most of them do not have any loyalty to Frank. They will want to impress but they know the team is chosen and the season is over.

At a noisy Elland Road against a desperate Leeds who are playing well, I do not think they will want it enough.

Hopefully Chelsea put out a largely second team today not wanting to risk injuries to too many key players. Their 2nd team is probably still way better than our starting team but you never know and if we fight them then we will get something

I feel it is make or break time today. Anything less than a win will feel demoralising and leave us with a mountain to climb as well as give the other teams a boost. Got to be 3 points today imo. Big ask but doable if the lads put a big effort in, fight for each other and cut out the silly individual errors.

Make it happen please blues.

Hopefully Chelsea put out a largely second team today not wanting to risk injuries to too many key players. Their 2nd team is probably still way better than our starting team but you never know and if we fight them then we will get something

The difference between today and when Chelsea play Leeds is that Tuchel will say to his players today and next week when they play Wolves, go out and impress me for that FA Cup Final team. I am still thinking about it.

When they play Leeds, he will know his team. It would be crazy to have your first choice players getting chased around Elland Road 3 days before the biggest game of your season.

Tuchel will not rest them today. He may rotate one or two today. But TT knows that momentum is important and they will not want to go into the FA Cup final on the back of 1 win in 5 / 6 games. They have been very poor in their last three games and TT will want to stop the rot.

Haven't slept at all. I'll never forgive Everton for this doing to me.

It's time to put that a side, get to the ground early and give my all for today to do my bit to help the lads cross the line.

If there's a God, please ??

Status
Not open for further replies.