Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is mental, same as every other fan forum being fair, it’s pre season ffs, it literary means nothing, couple years ago we got spanked off Roma and Man Utd in America in pre season and still won the league at a canter, so calm the F down.
Huh? who are you talking about?

I think it’s really, really, really important to recognise that the manager isn’t the problem here. I know it’s a very tempting knee jerk to shout about sacking him but let’s please look at the bigger picture here. The season starts in 2 weeks and we have not spent a penny on new signings and have only sold one of our most important first team players.

SACK. THE. BOARD.

I agree

The board have let him down big style

Here's the thing, the current squad is no better than it was last season and we very nearly got relegated, so any concerns right now are valid IMO

However, if (and it's a big if) Lampard is backed and he's allowed to strengthen the squad then maybe, MAYBE, we'll be okay

So yeah, right now anyone worried about a potential Survival Season is perfectly justified, but we need not give up hope yet until that window shuts

Much like our inability to find willing suitors to take overpaid journeymen off our books, it appears we can't just decide players will want to come to us. We don't have the financial clout we once did and you are only as good as your last gig so for a great number of players our storied history might not be as relevant as where we've just been.

Wouldn't put any of that at Frank's door, but he desperately needs to find a system and drill it into them or we won't have gotten anything out of this preseason.

Nothing is certain, and we are certainly not doomed. But our current squad is likely to be in a relegation battle again and we could go down. They haven't suddenly transformed into far better players, and they are collectively not good enough.

That's not bed wetting. That's not hysteria. That's not being overly negative. It's just the reality of the position we find ourselves in.

The manager has had his best player sold for over £50m, and has not been given any of the money to reinvest - yet at least. We are 16 days away from playing meaningful premier league football, and we are not ready at all. If I were him, I would feel extremely let down, and I would be extremely annoyed at the hierarchy of the club. This is a difficult enough job even without the lack of support.

Either we strengthen the squad with smart recruitment of quality players, or we could (I'm not saying we will, but we definitely could) go down. To think anything else is burying your head in the sand.

Here's the thing, the current squad is no better than it was last season and we very nearly got relegated, so any concerns right now are valid IMO

However, if (and it's a big if) Lampard is backed and he's allowed to strengthen the squad then maybe, MAYBE, we'll be okay

So yeah, right now anyone worried about a potential Survival Season is perfectly justified, but we need not give up hope yet until that window shuts
The counter argument would be - albeit quite simplistic - that our results towards the end of the season were not relegation form. We saw an improvement.

The squad is no better in the sense that we've lost Richarlison, who was pivotal, but we have brought in a reliable defender and cleared lots of wages.

I'm not going to pretend everything is swell nor criticise people for worried how it will pan out, but lots of people are already talking like we're already down.

I think there was some, typical pre-season delusion that crept in to parts of the fan base.

Lampard has a full pre-season, he'll stamp his style...
Tarkowski will sort the defence...
We'll replace Richarlison...

Pre-season matches are a nonsense, they're not needed to tell me this team, managed by Frank Lampard is relegation fodder;

Just like it was under Benitez, and just like it will be around Christmas under Roberto Martinez if we don't make the signings desperately needed/Lampard lasts that long.

We lacked depth last season and with the release of players, we have a bare squad. Do we have solid targets that have been identified over the last 12 months? We can't keep trying our luck on drop-outs at other clubs because there is a reason why they're persistently failing.

This place is mental, same as every other fan forum being fair, it’s pre season ffs, it literary means nothing, couple years ago we got spanked off Roma and Man Utd in America in pre season and still won the league at a canter, so calm the F down.
Are you in the right forum mate, this is Everton? Last won the league before the Internet was invented, you have me confused

I think there was some, typical pre-season delusion that crept in to parts of the fan base.

Lampard has a full pre-season, he'll stamp his style...
Tarkowski will sort the defence...
We'll replace Richarlison...

Pre-season matches are a nonsense, they're not needed to tell me this team, managed by Frank Lampard is relegation fodder;

Just like it was under Benitez, and just like it will be around Christmas under Roberto Martinez if we don't make the signings desperately needed/Lampard lasts that long.

The players and those who recruited the players are the problem, not the manager.

How predictable that knives are aimed at Lampard and not the bigger issue of who’s running the show. Wake up people, the clowns at the top are dragging this club down not Frank Lampard, that’s why there’s a protest at the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.