Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go and look at our 25 man squad online somewhere, it's 3/4 full of defensive minded players and very average ones at that. We have nothing going forward and were always going to struggle sadly.

IS that just down to your squad just having the investment in all the wrong places then the money running out?

As an outsider looking in, i think a lot of people at Everton including some fans have fallen into the trap of thinking you are too big a club to go down. While you are a big club, your history counts for nothing in a relegation battle.

Personally, I'm hoping its Forest along with Leeds that get relegated but i really think you lot are in serious trouble. The championship is a horrible and difficult division to get out of and a few of the sides looking at relegation have enough financial issues that they wont find it easy to come back from.

I think your owners have been complacent for years thinking you can just throw money at it without any plan. You only have to look at how you have been run to see that. Its not rocket science to work it out. As i said, i'm an outsider looking in, but thats the impression i get when i look at Everton. I do think your owners and fans are a bit guilty in some respects of thinking your reputation is going to attract players to the club when in all probability not that many good players outside of England would have any real recollection of you lot being a powerhouse club in England. Its been almost 30 years since you won anything of note which means most decent players outside of the UK wouldnt have even been born when you were winning anything. Your history whether you want to believe it or not means nothing to a lot of players in that 20-30 year old age bracket unless they are from the UK.
Thanks we really needed an outsider to say all this. If you actually went and had seen or even got any of us fans views would have told you. Certain clubs will always be able to get players whatever you say if everton was a better ran club we could still get players.

I think your owners have been complacent for years thinking you can just throw money at it without any plan. You only have to look at how you have been run to see that. Its not rocket science to work it out. As i said, i'm an outsider looking in, but thats the impression i get when i look at Everton. I do think your owners and fans are a bit guilty in some respects of thinking your reputation is going to attract players to the club when in all probability not that many good players outside of England would have any real recollection of you lot being a powerhouse club in England. Its been almost 30 years since you won anything of note which means most decent players outside of the UK wouldnt have even been born when you were winning anything. Your history whether you want to believe it or not means nothing to a lot of players in that 20-30 year old age bracket unless they are from the UK.

Yes, would refer you to the 4 thousand page thread on the owner.

IS that just down to your squad just having the investment in all the wrong places then the money running out?
Recruitment has been terrible under the Moshiri era. Absolutely no structure to it, everyone having an input on it from the owner to the chairman to the DoF and the manager, hell I wouldn't be surprised to find out the tea lady has had input at some point. Then on top of a chaotic buying strategy we have then given a series of extortionate wage packets and long contracts to a number of very average players which took us to 95% of our turnover at one point.

Thanks we really needed an outsider to say all this. If you actually went and had seen or even got any of us fans views would have told you. Certain clubs will always be able to get players whatever you say if everton was a better ran club we could still get players.

I tried to get your opinions years ago on here years ago from the days when you were looking at trying to get Nuno as your manager, but a lot of you for some reason thought he was beneath you.

I can remember how highly you thought of the owner 3 or 4 years ago when i was on here ( could have been longer than that, cant recall ). Whats changed?

A continuing stream of poor decisions, interference, poorly advised communications and a blind loyalty to people with no place in modern football.

So what you are saying is you have no real understanding of Evertonians at all. We know exactly how rubbish we are and how rubbish we’ve been. It’s not like it’s crept up on us. We’ve been moaning about it for decades now.

Looking at other teams remaining fixtures my feeling is 35 will be needed to stay up. Not sure how we get there.

Thanks for that amazing insight and telling me a load of things we didn't know.

Also just so you know, players sign for clubs who offer the most money in the main. No one is under any illusion whatsoever that people sign for us because of our history.

Our owners are incompetent and no one would argue with that. I think you just come across as a bit of a bell with your "from my point of view you all think your too big a club to go down"

There's 2000 pages in this thread, I suggest you educate yourself and read them all.

So what you are saying is you have no real understanding of Evertonians at all. We know exactly how rubbish we are and how rubbish we’ve been. It’s not like it’s crept up on us. We’ve been moaning about it for decades now.

Its not difficult to understand Evertonians. Its not like in the scheme of things you are some unique breed of football fan.

You do like to bang on though about how big a club you used to be.

It's also had a very little part to play whether we can attract these players, as we haven't looked a them. It's come down to purchasing 💩 that we somehow believe are the good players that has been mentioned.

To us we've been shopping in Harrods, when really we've just been paying there prices but in Poundland...

Status
Not open for further replies.