Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an outsider looking in, i think a lot of people at Everton including some fans have fallen into the trap of thinking you are too big a club to go down. While you are a big club, your history counts for nothing in a relegation battle.

Personally, I'm hoping its Forest along with Leeds that get relegated but i really think you lot are in serious trouble. The championship is a horrible and difficult division to get out of and a few of the sides looking at relegation have enough financial issues that they wont find it easy to come back from.
Don’t think this is true at all. I think all Everton fans know we are in big trouble and like the fans of all the teams in the same place they are playing out scenarios that keep us up. We need two other teams to be worse than us in the last 4 games.

i will remain optimistic though. You have to.

Toffee TV discussed this recenty and they suggested that psychologically, being out of the bottom 3 going into games is better than being in the bottom 3 with work to do.
I mean it’s a flippant comment
they make and will be mocked, but of course it’s totally true. Doesn’t guarantee anything at all, but the impact on the players (humans, and jelly spined ones at that) of going 1-0 down to wolves after 12 mins is massively different depending on whether you are a point clear in 16th, or a point adrift in 19th.

Dyche’s constant talk of the final table being the only one that matters is very rudimentary psychobabble to try and remove pressure, and maybe it works. But the table with 4 games to go is a massive predictor of the final table, they are inextricably linked.

We can’t keep waiting until we are mathematically down and then look back and say “such a shame we didn’t get that penalty in September”. Teams that are basking in safety now played like their lives depended on it from game week 1.

As an outsider looking in, i think a lot of people at Everton including some fans have fallen into the trap of thinking you are too big a club to go down. While you are a big club, your history counts for nothing in a relegation battle.

Personally, I'm hoping its Forest along with Leeds that get relegated but i really think you lot are in serious trouble. The championship is a horrible and difficult division to get out of and a few of the sides looking at relegation have enough financial issues that they wont find it easy to come back from.
Thank you for this much needed consultation mate. It’s hopefully a real wake up for the entire forum losing their minds as they’re sure Everton are going down.

Crikey tomorrow is a big day. Fulham up first who need to do us a favour and beat Leicester. I think they will. We then play away at Brighton. Hoping for a point here. Going ahead of Leeds would be a good boost even if it is only on GD. Then Forest home to Soton. Unfortunately can’t see anything other than a Forest win. All pressure is off Southampton though so let’s see a Ward-Prowse double to help us out.

i can see WHam getting beat by Utd later today but they probably got enough over last few games to get clear. They do play Leeds and Leicester in the last two weeks

You'll be hard pressed to find more than about 5 Everton fans thinking we're too big to go down so please do point me in the direction of them if its more than that

Also, can you tell me what people at Everton think we're too big to go down. The owner? Chairman? CEO? They haven't been seen for months so don't see how anyone can come to the conclusion that there's people at Everton who think we're too big to go down.

There is a relegation thread that is 2060 pages long. Safe to say that the fans are aware of the possibility/probability.

I think your owners have been complacent for years thinking you can just throw money at it without any plan. You only have to look at how you have been run to see that. Its not rocket science to work it out. As i said, i'm an outsider looking in, but thats the impression i get when i look at Everton. I do think your owners and fans are a bit guilty in some respects of thinking your reputation is going to attract players to the club when in all probability not that many good players outside of England would have any real recollection of you lot being a powerhouse club in England. Its been almost 30 years since you won anything of note which means most decent players outside of the UK wouldnt have even been born when you were winning anything. Your history whether you want to believe it or not means nothing to a lot of players in that 20-30 year old age bracket unless they are from the UK.

Crikey tomorrow is a big day. Fulham up first who need to do us a favour and beat Leicester. I think they will. We then play away at Brighton. Hoping for a point here. Going ahead of Leeds would be a good boost even if it is only on GD. Then Forest home to Soton. Unfortunately can’t see anything other than a Forest win. All pressure is off Southampton though so let’s see a Ward-Prowse double to help us out.

i can see WHam getting beat by Utd later today but they probably got enough over last few games to get clear. They do play Leeds and Leicester in the last two weeks
That wont happen, we need a win due to that Leeds goal v City, as we both have a GD Minus 25, though they have scored/conceded more, so they stay above us

Status
Not open for further replies.