Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea who you support but I guarantee I’ve not set foot on your team’s forum, let alone post.

There’s a certain irony on you coming on here telling us how fixated we are on something. Especially the history of a football club. When football is built on tradition and history and identity.

Thats your choice and thats fine. I dont mind talking to other fans. If you guys are that touchy though then maybe you should make it a closed forum. Its not like i've belittled your club. Just said what things look like to me.

I dont mind some of the smartarse comments from some of you, its nothing serious. Makes me laugh in all honesty.

Should have kept Rafael.

He`s currently one of the worst managers on the planet, which is evidenced by the fact, that it`s getting on for the best part of two years now since he`s had a job.

This is despite thirteen cloobs, changing their manager in the Premier League this season.

Apparently he`s holding out for the Barcelona or Juventus job.

He`s currently splitting his time, between the sports tech business, that he runs from his potting shed and the local all you can eat Chinese buffet.

Thats your choice and thats fine. I dont mind talking to other fans. If you guys are that touchy though then maybe you should make it a closed forum. Its not like i've belittled your club. Just said what things look like to me.

I dont mind some of the smartarse comments from some of you, its nothing serious. Makes me laugh in all honesty.
No one cares what you think

Recruitment has been terrible under the Moshiri era. Absolutely no structure to it, everyone having an input on it from the owner to the chairman to the DoF and the manager, hell I wouldn't be surprised to find out the tea lady has had input at some point. Then on top of a chaotic buying strategy we have then given a series of extortionate wage packets and long contracts to a number of very average players which took us to 95% of our turnover at one point.
No chance the tea lady would have got it this badly wrong

Should have kept Rafael.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I should have given Benitez more time instead of being brainwashed by posters on ere into believing he couldn't have turned that poor run we were on around.

When the alternatives were a journeyman in Vitor Pereira and a useless Tory dosser we should have kept our powder dry and waited until the summer before having made a decision on the managers future.

He`s currently one of the worst managers on the planet, which is evidenced by the fact, that it`s getting on for the best part of two years now since he`s had a job.

This is despite thirteen cloobs, changing their manager in the Premier League this season.

Apparently he`s holding out for the Barcelona or Juventus job.

He`s currently splitting his time, between the sports tech business, that he runs from his potting shed and the local all you can eat Chinese buffet.
But wait! He will of course be returning to Real Madrid at the end of the season when King Carlo steps down as anticipated.

Surely that's why he turned down all the Premier League jobs that he was offered....

As an outsider looking in, i think a lot of people at Everton including some fans have fallen into the trap of thinking you are too big a club to go down. While you are a big club, your history counts for nothing in a relegation battle.
Please show your workings out, this is absolute rubbish and not a single person thinks we’ll stay up because we used to win trophies before a lot of this forum was even born. If we stay up it’ll be because we finished the season better than three of the other crap teams and we’ll have a lot of work to do to ensure we’re not in the same situation next year with a third successive relegation battle.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I should have given Benitez more time instead of being brainwashed by posters on ere into believing he couldn't have turned that poor run we were on around.

When the alternatives were a journeyman in Vitor Pereira and a useless Tory dosser we should have kept our powder dry and waited until the summer before having made a decision on the managers future.
Lampard, with irrelevant political leanings, managed to keep us up after Benitez turned everyone against him and took us on a horrific run of results that would’ve seen us relegated. He, however, was also a crap manager, just a shade better than Benitez at the time but most importantly united the club to see us pull together in a dark time.

Both crap appointments, Lampard a touch better, Dyche probably a touch better too but still poor.

I won’t be seeking your permission to post here thanks
You’re telling people you don’t want to hear any positivity in a thread where your opinion is the outlier. I didn’t say you need permission, I suggested if you don’t want to hear it you can go elsewhere. If this thread was full of everyone saying we were already down like you it would be a pretty pointless discussion.

I
I think your owners have been complacent for years thinking you can just throw money at it without any plan. You only have to look at how you have been run to see that. Its not rocket science to work it out. As i said, i'm an outsider looking in, but thats the impression i get when i look at Everton. I do think your owners and fans are a bit guilty in some respects of thinking your reputation is going to attract players to the club when in all probability not that many good players outside of England would have any real recollection of you lot being a powerhouse club in England. Its been almost 30 years since you won anything of note which means most decent players outside of the UK wouldnt have even been born when you were winning anything. Your history whether you want to believe it or not means nothing to a lot of players in that 20-30 year old age bracket unless they are from the UK.
It's a pretty poor attempt at winding people up. You're not saying anything that anyone disagrees with.

I think your owners have been complacent for years thinking you can just throw money at it without any plan. You only have to look at how you have been run to see that. Its not rocket science to work it out. As i said, i'm an outsider looking in, but thats the impression i get when i look at Everton. I do think your owners and fans are a bit guilty in some respects of thinking your reputation is going to attract players to the club when in all probability not that many good players outside of England would have any real recollection of you lot being a powerhouse club in England. Its been almost 30 years since you won anything of note which means most decent players outside of the UK wouldnt have even been born when you were winning anything. Your history whether you want to believe it or not means nothing to a lot of players in that 20-30 year old age bracket unless they are from the UK.

History does not mean ANYTHING anymore in football.

Manchester City didnt attract all those players because of its history.
Chelsea didn't attract all those players because of theirs.

MONEY is what makes the football world go round.

And Evertonians are fully aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.