Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today didn't feel to me like a foregone conclusion for Arsenal after Thursday night, thought with the jolt of the sacking Palace might grind a point. Caps off another positive weekend.

Palace winless in 12. Still baffled how they're still as high as 12th
They had a decent start - and some of the strugglers were dreadful. However, given the nature of this season now, I think people need to move away from our usual understanding of league positions. At this point, four points separate 12th from bottom. So, it's almost a misnomer when people use 12th as some signifier of safety. On the last day it will be, but it might not be right up to that point.

Essentially, we have a nine-team rumble for relegation. Four points from top of that mini table to bottom. For surely the first time in Premier League history, being bottom in mid-March is not necessarily the portent of doom it almost always has been.

Highlights how poor the teams in the bottom half have been. Taken this long to catch up.
.....or just taking points off of each other? I admit, it is quite extraordinary not to be lower. We have drawn quite a few during our winless run and, today aside, not been getting mullered.

They had a decent start - and some of the strugglers were dreadful. However, given the nature of this season now, I think people need to move away from our usual understanding of league positions. At this point, four points separate 12th from bottom. So, it's almost a misnomer when people use 12th as some signifier of safety. On the last day it will be, but it might not be right up to that point.

Essentially, we have a nine-team rumble for relegation. Four points from top of that mini table to bottom. For surely the first time in Premier League history, being bottom in mid-March is not necessarily the portent of doom it almost always has been.

This is why I definitely won’t be relieved unless we are mathematically safe. It will be no surprise if there is a club that are six points clear with three games to go that celebrate as if they are safe, only for them to find themselves relegated. Even six points clear with two games to go might not mean a club is safe if goal difference becomes a factor.

Some big games there if we can pull of a win against spurs we may open up some daylight between us and the drop zone.

This home game is so important in the context of relegation
Next two home games could see us ease to within reach of safety.

If we beat Spurs we'll beat Fulham. That'd get us to 32 points regardless of what happens at OT in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.