Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're going to be safe, I know people are worried where our goals might come from, but I think we are better at the back then any other team down there, Dyche will see to that, a few more clean sheets is going to be massive, especially in the next two games
Yeah i like seeing the confidence here i am still unsure, was like this against leeds was worried about getting the 3 points. Just need keep putting good balls in from corners and midfield to get shots off. After all that mess the board have done to us fans we still have a positive feeling at the club

That rearranged Arsenal game is going to damage our preparations for Forest....which will, in turn, damage our preparations to face Brentford.

Hopefully we're up for that challenge.

That rearranged Arsenal game is going to damage our preparations for Forest....which will, in turn, damage our preparations to face Brentford.

Hopefully we're up for that challenge.
Dyche will go to Arsenal with Forest heavy on his mind, 3 points this season from Arsenal is a great return

All these shouts of needing 40pts to survive are also wide of the mark.

If you extrapolate the current bottom three’s form out to 38 games, you get WHU finishing on 33pts, Leeds on 31pts and Southampton on 30pts. If you also factor in a little uptick in form due to panic towards the end of the season (possibly a shuffling of the teams), then I reckon that the 18th placed team will finish on around 35-36pts.

I still maintain that 4 wins and 4 draws will suffice, that will be 37pts. Done and dusted.

If you extrapolate the current bottom three’s form out to 38 games, you get WHU finishing on 33pts, Leeds on 31pts and Southampton on 30pts. If you also factor in a little uptick in form due to panic towards the end of the season (possibly a shuffling of the teams), then I reckon that the 18th placed team will finish on around 35-36pts.

I still maintain that 4 wins and 4 draws will suffice, that will be 37pts. Done and dusted.
Probably, however both West Ham and Leeds have a bit of quality about them and imo are underachieving, a new manager could turn them round yet.
If we can sneak two wins against Villa and Forest, we are finishing closer to midtable than the bottom 3.
If we don't however we could well be right in the mix til the last week.

Probably, however both West Ham and Leeds have a bit of quality about them and imo are underachieving, a new manager could turn them round yet.
If we can sneak two wins against Villa and Forest, we are finishing closer to midtable than the bottom 3.
Dont think is alot of managers to pick from now just hope that it gets more toxic at other clubs,

How on earth do Leeds have a bit of quality?

It's about getting as close to 40 as possible. There's no need to consider other teams because we know what our job is.

I think if we win a third of our remaining games, we'll be alright. But we've won 5 games all season.

Our new manager isn't turning water into wine. He's managed a really good performance v Arsenal, but then we've lost the player that made that tick and will make his approach work. We were pathetically bad on Monday for large parts, and honestly not much better yesterday. However, Leeds were crap and we limited the little threat they had.

We're three points from the bottom so I think it's fair to say that nobody should be counting chickens or 'extrapolating' current form, because doing stuff like that doesn't account for Forest getting a point v City or Southampton beating Chelsea.

Trust me, they aren't underachieving.

West Ham, sure. But Leeds - and their fans are only just realising this, a bit like some of ours - are just the same as us.

they stayed up last year by the skin of their teeth, sold their best players and while they did invest, they handed too long to a poor manager and the players generally just aren't that good, as they didn't use that money to fix glaring holes in the squad. In their case it's that they can't defend to save their lives and eventually that rubs off on the attack. In our case it's that we can't attack to save our lives and that eventually rubs off on the defence.

It's about getting as close to 40 as possible. There's no need to consider other teams because we know what our job is.

I think if we win a third of our remaining games, we'll be alright. But we've won 5 games all season.

Our new manager isn't turning water into wine. He's managed a really good performance v Arsenal, but then we've lost the player that made that tick and will make his approach work. We were pathetically bad on Monday for large parts, and honestly not much better yesterday. However, Leeds were crap and we limited the little threat they had.

We're three points from the bottom so I think it's fair to say that nobody should be counting chickens or 'extrapolating' current form, because doing stuff like that doesn't account for Forest getting a point v City or Southampton beating Chelsea.

Firstly, stop being so bloody pompous.

Secondly, I wasn’t looking at 40pts, I was looking at a “bare minimum” survival scenario.

Thirdly, the Forest point yesterday was incorporated into their PPG which I used for the extrapolating, so it very much does account for Forest getting a point v City.

Status
Not open for further replies.