Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Kenwright tried to use his influence to hold off as long as possible in the expectation/hope that Moyes was fired
Aswell as a perfect cover for not spending in the window, leave it as long as you can to run down the window but make sure the sacking does happen during the window. 'And they've done well not lumbering us with more previous manager signings'. Then bring in the replacement with not enough time left to find the right players. Perfectly Strategised by the club....

( wouldn't be surprised if Kenwright phoned Levy about Danjuma, to escape the deal !!

Firstly, stop being so bloody pompous.

Secondly, I wasn’t looking at 40pts, I was looking at a “bare minimum” survival scenario.

Thirdly, the Forest point yesterday was incorporated into their PPG which I used for the extrapolating, so it very much does account for Forest getting a point v City.
i'm not being pompous at all, I'd say just pragmatic.

Second relegation scrap in a row and squad wise we're worse off than we were. In fact, points wise we are too. However, we do have a better manager.

You can't say, like I can't say, what the 'bare minimum' is. Yes, most seasons 35/36 points is definitely enough and 40 isn't needed. But then again, most seasons 72 points gets top four, or 59 points gets 7th... just as examples that didn't go our way.

Aswell as a perfect cover for not spending in the window, leave it as long as you can to run down the window but make sure the sacking does happen during the window. 'And they've done well not lumbering us with more previous manager signings'. Then bring in the replacement with not enough time left to find the right players. Perfectly Strategised by the club....

( wouldn't be surprised if Kenwright phoned Levy about Danjuma, to escape the deal !!
We didn't spend in the window because there was nobody to buy who wanted to actually come to Everton, we had players turning us down left right in the center.
Besides appointing a new nanager was far more important then appointing deadwood players to the overpaid roster

i'm not being pompous at all, I'd say just pragmatic.

Second relegation scrap in a row and squad wise we're worse off than we were. In fact, points wise we are too. However, we do have a better manager.

You can't say, like I can't say, what the 'bare minimum' is. Yes, most seasons 35/36 points is definitely enough and 40 isn't needed. But then again, most seasons 72 points gets top four, or 59 points gets 7th... just as examples that didn't go our way.
Squad wise I don’t think we are necessarily worse off than last year. This time last season we were starting games with Kenny, Keane and Holgate in the back four, and we were playing the likes of Allan and Gomes at CM, neither of whom had the legs for the PL. We’ve upgraded on all of those with Coady, Tarkowski, Gana and Onana, and the spine is more solid because of it. Obviously the sacrifice is the loss of Richarlison and the failure to replace him, but overall I think with the additions to defence and midfield the squad as a whole is better.

Squad wise I don’t think we are necessarily worse off than last year. This time last season we were starting games with Kenny, Keane and Holgate in the back four, and we were playing the likes of Allan and Gomes at CM, neither of whom had the legs for the PL. We’ve upgraded on all of those with Coady, Tarkowski, Gana and Onana, and the spine is more solid because of it. Obviously the sacrifice is the loss of Richarlison and the failure to replace him, but overall I think with the additions to defence and midfield the squad as a whole is better.

Yeah I think we’re stronger in midfield and defence this season, especially once Patterson and Garner return.

I’m hoping that can continue to give us an edge over other teams if we can keep the goals conceded under Dyche to a minimum as it’s usually the teams that have the worst goal differences that go down.

Friday 24 February​

20:00 Fulham v Wolves

Saturday 25 February​

Everton v Aston Villa
Leeds v Southampton
Leicester v Arsenal
West Ham v Nottingham Forest
17:30 AFC Bournemouth v Man City
19:45 Crystal Palace v Liverpool

Sunday 26 February​

13:30 Spurs v Chelsea

can see wolves , Bournemouth , Leicester losing next weekend

Good win yesterday but some of the results around us were less so. It's going to be an almighty scrap everyone from Villa down are in it. We still need DCL back because Maupay or Simms don't take the risk of getting in the danger areas.

Dyche is the key factor we are going to be hard to beat I fancy us to just be above the likes of Bournemouth, Saints, Leeds and maybe another.

Status
Not open for further replies.