Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche achieves that he'll have credibility that Lampard never did.

When Dyche took us over, we were in a dreadful mess. He has already improved us and got us out of the bottom three. If he gets us to 38, it would seem likely that his improvement trajectory will have been consistent and upwards. Frank took us over when we were six points clear of the drop zone, I believe. He won a game or two, then plunged us into the bottom three - 5 points from Burnley at one point - and only eventually dug us put at the end (from 0-2 down). There was nothing consistent about that. It was as if he took over the plane, did a loop-the-loop, threatened to crash it into the nearest mountain, and only just landed it safely having missed a cliff edge.

If Dyche gets us to 38, I doubt he'll have the luxury of losing three in a row before a rescue mission, so he'll be extremely well-placed for the summer cull that will be necessary to reinvigorate us for next season.
Maybe a little harsh on Lampard.

We were a mess when he took over. Yes, he failed to do much early on and we didn't get a decent bounce, but staying up is staying up. He saw us through some ver tough games and we got 39 points in the end.

However, the task set for Dyche has neen much much stiffer. Sales of players in a transfer window when we should have been getting two attackers in; he took over a club that still is the football version of the Mary Celeste - owner who wants nothing to do with the club, a board in absentia, an utter PR disaster...and we were much worse off than when Lampard took up the reins.

It will make Dyche manager of the season to keep us up. He's halfway there though and I back him to get the job done.

McCarthy is very highly rated at the club as a coach and a person. It takes the pressure off him having Roy fronting up and the group will benefit significantly from having Roy there.

Palace have always been ok. This is the type of appointment you make when you know you're ok too.

Parish obviously couldn't stick Vieira and has pounced on an opportunity to get shut, an he now has a lot of time to work on his successor.

Palace have always been ok. This is the type of appointment you make when you know you're ok too.

Parish obviously couldn't stick Vieira and has pounced on an opportunity to get shut, an he now has a lot of time to work on his successor.
Yes, from the ultimate successor point of view, we have a good period to work with. However, a wobbly start from Roy might mean exploring two different solutions; A Premier League manager or a Championship manager. I still think we should be ok. The performance v Leicester has to be focussed and offensive.

FrqVqLFWcAsIGWr
I desperately want Forest to continue or worsen that form after all the “it’s not scattergun buying, we are replacing last years on-loan players with quality permanents” shouts. They bought about 50 cack players, 37 of which the manager clearly didn’t know about or need. All their injuries are due to people tripping over each others toiletry bags in the crowded changing rooms.

Little unnerving that 3rd from bottom in the form table still got 1 point per game. Would prefer a good handful of teams struggling more than that.

APN_EFC said:
I was looking for 18 points from 15 games to get to 39 points.

UPDATE : 5 points out of TARGET of 7 points . Not too bad
OVERALL TARGET 39 POINTS
Need 13 / 30 points

Now for this to work we need away wins at Brentford, Wolves and Leicester. 3 2 away wins!! and to not lose to Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton. and bournemouth, who almost beat Arsenal. wow. The only hope now is that one out of Leeds, Forest, West Ham, Palace or Leicester have a horrible run in.

Villa (H) - 3 pts / RESULT 0 POINTS
Arsenal (A) - 0 / RESULT 0 POINTS
Forest (A) - 3 / RESULT 1 POINT
Brentford (H) - 1 / RESULT 3 POINTS
Chelsea (A) - 0 / RESULT 1 POINT
Spurs (H) - 1
Man U (A) - 0
Fulham (H) - 1
Palace (A) - 3
Newcastle (H) - 1
Leicester (A) - 3
Brighton (A) - 1
Man City (H) - 0
Wolves (A) - 3
Bournemouth (H) - 1

UPDATE : 5 points out of TARGET of 7 points . Not too bad
OVERALL TARGET 39 POINTS
Need 13 / 30 points
I was looking through our goalscoring recordings just now, and we have to score 21 goals to match last year's 43 goals, and even then, that'll be one of the lowest in the last 50 years. I can't see us scoring more than another 15 goals (1.5 per game) - even if we avoid relegation, we could manage it with another 1 goal per game, and we end the season with 31 -36 goals. It's another horrible statistic which should tell the board something. (but what, I wonder? They might need a 6 month review to work it out)

I desperately want Forest to continue or worsen that form after all the “it’s not scattergun buying, we are replacing last years on-loan players with quality permanents” shouts. They bought about 50 cack players, 37 of which the manager clearly didn’t know about or need. All their injuries are due to people tripping over each others toiletry bags in the crowded changing rooms.

Little unnerving that 3rd from bottom in the form table still got 1 point per game. Would prefer a good handful of teams struggling more than that.
All depends where you start the 'form' from though. Wolves look fine on that graphic but it includes 2 wins in the first 2 games, so over the last 6 games they've only picked up 4 points. They looked all but safe a few weeks ago but suddenly they're right in amongst it again, and somebody posted something earlier which suggested their underlying numbers never actually got any better, they just sort of inexplicably had a real upturn in form when Lopetegui over. Similar thing for Leicester, I thought a month back that they'd sorted themselves out and would probably end up top 10 again but they've only got 1 point from their last 5.

I was looking through our goalscoring recordings just now, and we have to score 21 goals to match last year's 43 goals, and even then, that'll be one of the lowest in the last 50 years. I can't see us scoring more than another 15 goals (1.5 per game) - even if we avoid relegation, we could manage it with another 1 goal per game, and we end the season with 31 -36 goals. It's another horrible statistic which should tell the board something. (but what, I wonder? They might need a 6 month review to work it out)
Last season we conceded a record 66 goals too. This season we'll probably concede 10-15 goals less.

Remember when we went there knowing a win would more or less secure survival and they were already down and had 10 players out injured and we played for a 0-0?

Was talking about this last night, decided to look up their team because I had no recollection of it

I know about 4 of them
Screenshot 2023-03-21 at 16.07.10.png

Maybe a little harsh on Lampard.

We were a mess when he took over. Yes, he failed to do much early on and we didn't get a decent bounce, but staying up is staying up. He saw us through some ver tough games and we got 39 points in the end.

However, the task set for Dyche has neen much much stiffer. Sales of players in a transfer window when we should have been getting two attackers in; he took over a club that still is the football version of the Mary Celeste - owner who wants nothing to do with the club, a board in absentia, an utter PR disaster...and we were much worse off than when Lampard took up the reins.

It will make Dyche manager of the season to keep us up. He's halfway there though and I back him to get the job done.
It’s not really harsh on him. We stayed up last season as much because of Richarlison as Lampard. He was bumbling along the entire time he was with us, seemingly hoping that showing affinity with the fans was enough, but it wasn’t. He might have proved to be a nicer bloke than we were expecting but he just wasn’t good enough as manager at any point in his time with us.

Dyche, on the other hand, has definitely improved us since he took over, without being given any tools to do so (like a replacement striker in the transfer window). It’s entirely down to his management skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.