Ramadan Mubarak

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I love Sadio Mane, I love Mohamed Salah," he says about the Muslim pair, who formed a potent attack for Liverpool before Mane joined Bayern Munich last summer.

FearfulRevolvingAgama-max-1mb.gif

Ramadan Mubarak to you and your loved ones. May the celebrations of this fasting month spread happiness and joys in your life.

May Allah bring you all the inspiration in life and motivate you to achieve all your goals. Wishing a very Happy Ramadan to you

I hope this fasting doesn't affect their performance. The whole midfield is a bit worrying.

Issues with Ramadan Fasting in Football​

One of the main components in athletic or soccer performance is the provision of proper fuelling and hydration techniques, so this becomes an issue to players during this Ramadan phase.
Available literature has suggested Muslim soccer athletes or footballers training & competing through this period may face performance decrements as a result of:
  • Changes in circadian or bodily rhythms
  • Changes in sleep patterns
  • Duration of sleep
  • Reduction in blood glucose or energy levels
  • Reduced daytime fluid intake and subsequent dehydration
  • Injury

Could have swore we played an evening game and at around the 60-70 minute mark Doucoure went to the side of the pitch to eat something, IIRC he had special permission from the league for this. But it's 12 months or two years ago or thereabouts. I recall it was mentioned on comms. Or I have a quite active imagination and I've made it all up and believe it.

Could have swore we played an evening game and at around the 60-70 minute mark Doucoure went to the side of the pitch to eat something, IIRC he had special permission from the league for this. But it's 12 months or two years ago or thereabouts. I recall it was mentioned on comms. Or I have a quite active imagination and I've made it all up and believe it.
Some of our players disappear completely most games anyway so it’s no problem

Against Burnley.

I'm not sure how this works. Are they allowed to eat or not? How is there a break for it in a game?

8 o'clock KO against Spurs is a bit concerning if they're only eating the night before.

Against Burnley.

I'm not sure how this works. Are they allowed to eat or not? How is there a break for it in a game?

8 o'clock KO against Spurs is a bit concerning if they're only eating the night before.
They can fuel up in the morning before sun up, so long as it's not marathons (the running not the chocolate bars you cads) all day they can be fine. Long time to go without water though. Trying to super hydrate to avoid cramp might mean walking around with a bladder begging to burst...

They can fuel up in the morning before sun up, so long as it's not marathons (the running not the chocolate bars you cads) all day they can be fine. Long time to go without water though. Trying to super hydrate too avoid cramp might mean walking around with a bladder begging to burst...
I must say, this is a bit concerning.

Four crucial PL games with our whole central midfield struggling for energy during training and in games.

That's a dimension to this fight I hadn't factored in.

Status
Not open for further replies.