Ramadan Mubarak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose your body could acclimatise?

The science says that over a lengthy period like a months fast specific skills and test with ball with the ball are unimpaired. However, anaerobic performances and long-duration activities may potentially be considerably affected during Ramadan fasting.

I've been having blood tests regularly since 2006 which require me to fast for 12 hours prior.

I can't say it's been any sort of a problem besides missing the pleasure of my morning coffee.

I am allowed a little water, but I've never bothered and never felt any physical discomfort with the whole thing.
Have to say mate, I'm fasting for weight loss 18.00 - 14.00 every day and if anything energy levels increase. I'm sure athletes are allowed to sip fluids during the fasting periods.... I'm sure they will be fine. It's amazing how resilient the human body is. Don't want to be nosey and ask why the tests... But Hope your OK though 👍

Have to say mate, I'm fasting for weight loss 18.00 - 14.00 every day and if anything energy levels increase. I'm sure athletes are allowed to sip fluids during the fasting periods.... I'm sure they will be fine. It's amazing how resilient the human body is. Don't want to be nosey and ask why the tests... But Hope your OK though 👍
It was discovered in 2006 that I'd had a hole in the heart since I was born. I'd had what my doctor called a mini-stroke when
a blood clot was trying to get through it.
I was put onto half an aspirin a day and cholesterol control medication and the six monthly blood tests are to keep a check
on it. A plus was that scans showed that my arteries were in pretty good nick.

Didn’t seem to affect the Moroccan boys who beat Brazil last night…..mind you the game kicked off at 10pm

Ramadan Mubarak to you and your loved ones. May the celebrations of this fasting month spread happiness and joys in your life.

May Allah bring you all the inspiration in life and motivate you to achieve all your goals. Wishing a very Happy Ramadan to you
OMA (Oh My Allah) @tommye! I am moved by your words! Who knew you'd eventually finally find your soft side?

It's true what they say: 'If the Mountain won't go to Mohammed, then Mohammed must come to the Mountain!' 🤪
God bless The Pope 🙏
I'm pretty sure that someone on here once said that only the Pope has the power to call an emergency Ramadan? Or something to that effect?

Last edited:
OMA (Oh My Allah) @tommye! I am moved by your words! Who knew you'd eventually finally find you soft side?

It's true what they say: 'If the Mountain won't go to Mohammed, then Mohammed must come to the Mountain!' 🤪

I'm pretty sure that someone on here once said that only the Pope has the power to call an emergency Ramadan? Or something to that effect?
I'm a pussycat really.
Honestly 😏

And @bigbadjeff (RIP BBJ) was the Ramadan Pope man

'twas only 10 years ago. Plenty of yardage left in that yet. ;)
(summer 2013 transfer rumours thread) Poor HKtoffee lol
That doesn't include all the sad and obvious alias accounts that he re-registered with and tried to convince us all that he was a new, different and unique poster! 😂

Did anyone keep tabs? What was the last one that he used?

It was discovered in 2006 that I'd had a hole in the heart since I was born. I'd had what my doctor called a mini-stroke when
a blood clot was trying to get through it.
I was put onto half an aspirin a day and cholesterol control medication and the six monthly blood tests are to keep a check
on it. A plus was that scans showed that my arteries were in pretty good nick.
Wow. Sorry to hear about that... Good to know that your arteries are good tho 👍👍 hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.