2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are Geordies mate - Gordon isn't Salah or Aguero he isn't even Richarlison.

Lads not scored a single goal for us and they were acting like he took off DCL for Holgate 0-1 down in a cup final.

And its not just down to Benitez either they have been like this for years and they'll get even worse since expectations ramped up appointing Ancelotti & signing James Rodriguez.

Worst thing the owners could have done.
Why should expectations be lowered?

Name me one good reason we shouldn't expect better than a 5-2 loss to an awful Watford side?

Of course he takes the blame to an extent - but again the issue is West Ham can put Vlasic or Yarmolenko on for Gray we have kin Iwobi who's a waste of space.

You can keep sacking managers and going around in circles or you can actually give one more than half a season to bring in his players and ship out the same crap that has saw off manager after manager and STILL get backed by the fans...
I think yesterday just brought home how crucial Doucoure is to the team. I don’t have the stats but I can’t think we’d have won many games when Doucoure has been injured.

Because they are Geordies mate - Gordon isn't Salah or Aguero he isn't even Richarlison.

Lads not scored a single goal for us and they were acting like he took off DCL for Holgate 0-1 down in a cup final.

And its not just down to Benitez either they have been like this for years and they'll get even worse since expectations ramped up appointing Ancelotti & signing James Rodriguez.

Worst thing the owners could have done.

Gordon was our best player until he was hauled off, and the excuse that he was tiring is ridiculous because he was the only one who looked full of energy every time he picked the ball up.

And if he does that he'll be labelled a defensive dinosaur.

The fella cant win which is why I wouldn't blame him one bit for going to Newcastle as even their fans are more level headed these days than ours which says something.

We've out Geordie'd them.

Go get Big Dunc Bleeds Bloo in and give the naysayers what they want
To be honest if I was benitez I would take the Newcastle job he will get more leeway and time there , the stark reality is that's he is not going to be afforded that leeway and time here whether we like that or not ,but we all knew that when he was appointed

Gordon was our best player until he was hauled off, and the excuse that he was tiring is ridiculous because he was the only one who looked full of energy every time he picked the ball up.

Gordon hasn't done anything under both Ancelotti & Benitez and was bang average out on loan in the Championship last season.

But Evertonians know more than the managers who watch the lad and know his levels/fitness etc.

As a matchgoing blue, it seemed painfully obvious to me that the mentally frail excuses we have for professionals were largely to blame yesterday....that and the shambles of keeping Marcel Brands in a job.

Benitez brings on Richarlison, he scores. Demarai Gray is carrying a knock, Iwobi comes on to avoid messing with the system that put us ahead in the game.

What does Tom Davies knocking the ball out under no pressure and the subsequent feckless defending have to do with Benitez?

I'm pretty sure he can't lobotomise Michael Keane so he's mentally strong at elite sports. I'm certain he didn't pay £35m for that POS Iwobi who's having a merry old time at the final whistle.

Do you think he was desperate to bring Rondon in, or that he had to gamble as it was the only financially feasible option due to rank incompetence over several years by our DOF?

Don't fall into the trap of blaming Benitez because he said stuff when most these players were in primary school.

The true perpetrators are dossers like Keane, Digne, Davies, Iwobi who have spent years being spineless.

They, along with Gomes, Delph, and he who shall not be named are poor excuses for elite level footballers and they're stealing a wage... Now we have Rondon to add to the daylight robbery brigade.

If we really need to direct ire, it should be at the players and DOF who are literal stains on our club and complete cowards. How anyone can let issues of the past undermine the true villains of today... it's frustrating.
Agreed. You can criticise the manager for overall tactics but the players are responsible for what happens on the pitch.
I am disgusted with the apparent attitude of any of them. The way they threw in the towel after they went behind was a disgrace.
They have it too good, millionaires who sleep with top models or beauty competition winners, drive cars we can only dream about.
Surely they should be arsed to put in frcent6

It's almost like he had no other player to put in CM.

You start Gbamin and what happens if he breaks down? No CM on the bench if Allan or Davies take a knock/get sent off.

Injuries have wrecked us - anyone blaming the manager when the following have been missing just 9 games into a season are complete wronguns:

DCL
Richarlison
Doucoure
Mina
Pickford
Coleman
Gomes
Iwobi
Delph
Gbamin

10 Injuries in less than 9 games - some teams can go a full season without that many ruled out its unbelievable.
I agree injuries are crippling but you have to try something whether it's Holgate there if Gbamin isnt up to it or bring Onyango onto the bench. Doing nothing isn't acceptable.

To be honest if I was benitez I would take the Newcastle job he will get more leeway and time there , the stark reality is that's he is not going to be afforded that leeway and time here whether we like that or not ,but we all knew that when he was appointed

These idiots dont know whats coming because if they think any good manager will be taking this poisoned chalice of a job on they can think again.

Throw in FFP problems, a new stadium being built and limited funds it'll be an Eddie Howe type appointment nailed on and they only have themselves to blame.

We’ll regret employing him. Deep down everybody knows it too.

Let’s never again employ a manager that doesn’t want his team to dominate the ball. Long term, it’s a disaster.
You're right. Atletico are a real shambles.
We’ve had worse luck with injuries than any other club in the Premier League. Take the RS’ main frontman out of their team and they’d be mediocre at best. But we were also missing our best midfielder today.
That's all quite right and noted but:
He should at least have trained/prepared the back four for games and moments like this.
Strange how we can see out a game against Manchester United without problem (or Brighton) & still manage to concede four in 10 minutes to Watford. That's just giving up. There's no excuse for that.

He needs to prepare them better. End off. I know the squad at this time is barely Premier League quality, but even a League One side shouldnt concede four at home in ten minutes against anybody. (Maybe a rampant manchester city or Chelsea side).

I still believe he can turn it around though.

Let's hope this is our low point of the season.

Last edited:
Deffo macca, and it was telling that at the end Gordon was the only one that received any applause from the crowd.

Everton fans aren't stupid Lou, the has been no mark can say Gordon was tiring to try and justify his crappy tactics and subs but if that was that was case, Rondon should have been taken off at half time and Allan should have been taken off after an hour.

Rondon off, Richarlison on. Gray off, Gbamin on and get a hold on that midfield. Then if Gordon really was tiring you move Richarlison out left and Dobbin comes up top to occupy their centre halves.

The amount of time we looked for an out ball and Rondon was nowhere to be seen because he cant work the lines.

He's made an absolute shambles all by just keeping Rondon on and thus it's like us playing with 10 men to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.