2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I think that's papering over cracks though mate.

Doucoure does the job of 2 players in midfield, so unfortunately you need 2 players to replace him or, at the very least, be playing a proper 4-2-3-1 and not a 4-4-1-1.

Rondon is an issue, but he's an issue Benitez wanted to have because he chased him all summer and isn't even taking him off in games.

But I just don't think we can get by with 2 in midfield if Doucoure isn't one of those players.

I said it during the game yesterday before it went 2-1 to us, we were just getting ripped to parts through the middle and we were. Ranieri spotted it and just had his forwards dropping into the massive gap between defence and midfield. That massive gap has been there all season, btw, in quite a lot of games even with Doucoure there.
Agree midfield is the key the idea that Davies can compensate for Doucoure on his own is ridiculous. As was the same when we had Gana we only have one player of Docuoure's mobility, without him we need three in there. Allan isnt mobile himself. Davies,Gomes, Delph, Gbamin(who knows) can only do part of the job. You need two of them alongside Allan. Yes it's an indictment of the recruitment but RB has to adapt. Adapt or he won't last long.

Agree midfield is the key the idea that Davies can compensate for Doucoure on his own is ridiculous. As was the same when we had Gana we only have one player of Docuoure's mobility, without him we need three in there. Allan isnt mobile himself. Davies,Gomes, Delph, Gbamin(who knows) can only do part of the job. You need two of them alongside Allan. Yes it's an indictment of the recruitment but RB has to adapt. Adapt or he won't last long.

It's almost like he had no other player to put in CM.

You start Gbamin and what happens if he breaks down? No CM on the bench if Allan or Davies take a knock/get sent off.

Injuries have wrecked us - anyone blaming the manager when the following have been missing just 9 games into a season are complete wronguns:

DCL
Richarlison
Doucoure
Mina
Pickford
Coleman
Gomes
Iwobi
Delph
Gbamin

10 Injuries in less than 9 games - some teams can go a full season without that many ruled out its unbelievable.

We allowed Watford to have 20 shots on goal yesterday. 20 friggin shots.

Eight were on target.

Watford had only scored one goal from a set-piece before yesterday, they scored two against us.

They had conceded six goals from set-pieces, we didn't come close to getting on the end of one against them.

That is absolutely mental and the manager HAS to take his share of the blame because HE set us up.

He isn't a good manager and hasn't been for a long time. It just so happens that when he was good, it was at our rivals 15 minutes ago and that won't help him get the time he needs to show he still has *anything* at all.

I think he's a good coach, and committed. That's about it.
We don’t score from set peaces or balls into the box that often because of the quality of the ball in, corners very really beat the fist man and virtually ever ball knocked in yesterday was just hit in without trying to pick out a player didn’t help that Rondon doesn’t have the pace to keep up most times to actually be in the box.
Efforts at goal we take the easy way out and pass the buck but the standard of shooting from outside of the box is woeful.

I’m not defending Benitez in any way.

But I stick with the opinion that he’s inherited a bunch of spineless, cowardly losers who are going through the motions.

if you weigh it up, it’s not really much different from last season.

some are saying we were set up not to concede last season, which in some games was true, especially when we basically had 4 centre half’s across the back line through November and December, so maybe he needs to go back to that to keep us safe.

But I stick with the opinion that he’s inherited a bunch of spineless, cowardly losers who are going through the motions.

some are saying we were set up not to concede last season, which in some games was true, especially when we basically had 4 centre half’s across the back line through November and December, so maybe he needs to go back to that to keep us safe.
I’d be down for Digne being dropped for a few games, just to give us a bit more solidity to get us through to January

And if he does that he'll be labelled a defensive dinosaur.

The fella cant win which is why I wouldn't blame him one bit for going to Newcastle as even their fans are more level headed these days than ours which says something.

We've out Geordie'd them.

Go get Big Dunc Bleeds Bloo in and give the naysayers what they want

Well Ped who was at the game didn't agree that the sub was wrong as Gordon was fading and I didn't agree that the sub was wrong either so assume a good portion of GP didn't either.

Just because a handful of Geordies are desperate to make Gordon something he isn't doesn't make the managers deicison wrong.

Richarlison comes on and scores in minutes - Gordon could have played 180 minutes and was never scoring.

Thats the difference - be annoyed at the sub fine but booing it? Come on thats embarrassing which our fans have been for months.

Singing about Carlo dying

Abusive banners aimed at the current manager

Calling for a managers head after losing a pre season game.

We're a banter club now and the neanderthals cant see it.

I don't know if you were at the game but I can tell you that all over the ground there were fans showing what they thought of Gordon being hauled off. I'm in the Gladwys street and there were boo's all around me.

And if he does that he'll be labelled a defensive dinosaur.

The fella cant win which is why I wouldn't blame him one bit for going to Newcastle as even their fans are more level headed these days than ours which says something.

We've out Geordie'd them.

Go get Big Dunc Bleeds Bloo in and give the naysayers what they want
Could you please mention geordies more in your posts. It really adds to your points.

I don't know if you were at the game but I can tell you that all over the ground there were fans showing what they thought of Gordon being hauled off. I'm in the Gladwys street and there were boo's all around me.

Because they are Geordies mate - Gordon isn't Salah or Aguero he isn't even Richarlison.

Lads not scored a single goal for us and they were acting like he took off DCL for Holgate 0-1 down in a cup final.

And its not just down to Benitez either they have been like this for years and they'll get even worse since expectations ramped up appointing Ancelotti & signing James Rodriguez.

Worst thing the owners could have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.