2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon hasn't done anything under both Ancelotti & Benitez and was bang average out on loan in the Championship last season.

But Evertonians know more than the managers who watch the lad and know his levels/fitness etc.

He was our best player until he was taken off yet Rondon who was once again abysmal and was blowing out of his arse played the full 90 minutes, can you make sense of that for me?

As a matchgoing blue, it seemed painfully obvious to me that the mentally frail excuses we have for professionals were largely to blame yesterday....that and the shambles of keeping Marcel Brands in a job.

Benitez brings on Richarlison, he scores. Demarai Gray is carrying a knock, Iwobi comes on to avoid messing with the system that put us ahead in the game.

What does Tom Davies knocking the ball out under no pressure and the subsequent feckless defending have to do with Benitez?

I'm pretty sure he can't lobotomise Michael Keane so he's mentally strong at elite sports. I'm certain he didn't pay £35m for that POS Iwobi who's having a merry old time at the final whistle.

Do you think he was desperate to bring Rondon in, or that he had to gamble as it was the only financially feasible option due to rank incompetence over several years by our DOF?

Don't fall into the trap of blaming Benitez because he said stuff when most these players were in primary school.

The true perpetrators are dossers like Keane, Digne, Davies, Iwobi who have spent years being spineless.

They, along with Gomes, Delph, and he who shall not be named are poor excuses for elite level footballers and they're stealing a wage... Now we have Rondon to add to the daylight robbery brigade.

If we really need to direct ire, it should be at the players and DOF who are literal stains on our club and complete cowards. How anyone can let issues of the past undermine the true villains of today... it's frustrating.
Agreed. You can criticise the manager for overall tactics but the players are responsible for what happens on the pitch.
I am disgusted with the apparent attitude of any of them. The way they threw in the towel after they went behind was a disgrace.
They have it too good, millionaires who sleep with top models or beauty competition winners, mainly live in mansionsand drive cars we can only dream about.
Surely they should be arsed to put in a decent shift when they go to work.
Spoilt rotten, life's too easy for them.
But that's what's happened to football in the super TV era.

Before the game I said to the lad next to me -Josh King hat trick nailed on. ‘Everton that’.

Before the Richarlison sub, I said he’s going to bring Gordon off here instead of Rondon, -That’s not ‘Everton that’, -that’s a poor decision pure and simple. The load of codswallop RB spouted about not having 90 mins in his legs in the post match interview summed it up. The fact that Rondon was left on only highlighted the absurdity of it. That’s on RB.

The players melting with 20 mins to go is on them, the defending would have gotten a rollicking in the u12s. Heads went down, little pride on show -Watford wanted the game more than us, even at 2-1 down. The players need to do more regardless of who is on the touchline, as evidenced by the performances under the previous few managers.

When the 5th went in, I laughed. That just about summed yesterday up for me.

I’m giving RB a chance, he’s the Everton manager like it or not. As others have said, the baggage he brings means he’ll get less rope. Decision making like like yesterday will burn through the goodwill pretty rapidly.

Onwards..

Everton fans aren't stupid Lou, the has been no mark can say Gordon was tiring to try and justify his crappy tactics and subs but if that was that was case, Rondon should have been taken off at half time and Allan should have been taken off after an hour.

Rondon off, Richarlison on. Gray off, Gbamin on and get a hold on that midfield. Then if Gordon really was tiring you move Richarlison out left and Dobbin comes up top to occupy their centre halves.

The amount of time we looked for an out ball and Rondon was nowhere to be seen because he cant work the lines.

He's made an absolute shambles all by just keeping Rondon on and thus it's like us playing with 10 men to start with.

That's why the excuse that Gordon was taken off because he was tiring is laughable mate, Rondon looked knackered most of the game, he could hardly keep up with play yet he wasn't taken off.

He was our best player until he was taken off yet Rondon who was once again abysmal and was blowing out of his arse played the full 90 minutes, can you make sense of that for me?

Im pretty certain if DCL or even Josh King was on the bench Rondon would have been taken off.

But of course Cristiano Dobbin how can I forget. Listen our options are limited so slagging the manager off over decisions such as whether to bring Gbamin or Dobbin on is hilarious to anyone not with an agenda.

I can't keep a straight face reading these comments from fans who are open in their hatred of the manager from the moment he was hired, the same ones who've called him a fat pig, Kopite etc trying to be somewhat legimate with their "criticisms"

Put a suit and tie on Nigel Farage and he's still a blert - we can all window dress an agenda to make it palatable.

You're right. Atletico are a real shambles.
That's all quite right and noted but:
He should at least have trained/prepared the back four for games and moments like this.
Strange how we can see out a game against Manchester United without problem (or Brighton) & still manage to concede four in 10 minutes to Watford. That's just giving up. There's no excuse for that.

He needs to prepare them better. End off. I know the squad at this time is barely Premier League quality, but even a League One side shouldnt concede four at home in ten minutes against anybody. (Maybe a rampant manchester city or Chelsea side).

I still believe he can turn it around though.

Let's hope this is our low point of the season.
It's the same reason we capitulated at home to worst teams last season and then won the derby or away at Arsenal. It's because these players have weak mentalities and are only up for certain big games. But I agree he should be drilling them too we don't look organised.

Im pretty certain if DCL or even Josh King was on the bench Rondon would have been taken off.

But of course Cristiano Dobbin how can I forget. Listen our options are limited so slagging the manager off over decisions such as whether to bring Gbamin or Dobbin on is hilarious to anyone not with an agenda.

I can't keep a straight face reading these comments from fans who are open in their hatred of the manager from the moment he was hired, the same ones who've called him a fat pig, Kopite etc trying to be somewhat legimate with their "criticisms"

Put a suit and tie on Nigel Farage and he's still a blert.
Why did your "elite" manager sign Rondon?

Is he that bad at scouting players? Is he that bad at his job?

Put a suit and tie on Nigel Farage and he's still a blert.
I see you’ve already written Dobbin off . He hasn’t had a bloody chance yet ffs .

At least Benitez will bin most of em off in January and next summer. Tosun, Gylfi, Delph and Kenny are all off next summer, thats a hefty chunk of change (as well as his two crap GKs he brought in but theres little point complaining about a backup GK) The worrying thing is scrubs like Rondon, Gomes, Iwobi, Gbamin are here till 2024, and Keane is here till 2025! too many albatross contracts for nothing players. we need to use this period of forced austerity to bring in players for cheap who can actually do a job, and not old finished players like Rondon, hungry, experienced pros like Townsend or players with chips on their shoulders like Demarai. As mind-boggling as it is considering the money spent, we would do well to replicate the Moyes era at the moment.

as another aside this thread is an absolute shambles, instead of reasoned discussion you are all just calling each other names and point scoring lol not even talking about the manager anymore

there is zero reason Rondon should play now that Richarlison is fit. ideally he never wears blue again. maybe we can trick Newcastle into spending big on him. If Rafael keeps picking him it will be his undoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.