2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atmosphere will be interesting for the spurs game, especially if we take a beating at wolves. Wonder if the rafatollah will still be flying high by then.

It’s borderline ridiculous how much you’ve defended him tonight over that shambolic result

2 previous managers got sacked for conceding 5 in game, one done it twice in the same season at home before he got his orders, it’s not acceptable in any way, shape or form

And here we are still conceding 5 goals - maybe the answer is booting the same players and not keep going through managers like toilet roll?

We're exactly where we should be based on the squad. Honestly given the relative unavailability of our better players he might even have us a bit higher. That's just reality for me.

If you've got questions about him I think they need to be more of the "where is this going?" variety. That's what I struggle with.
I get we have mad injuries mate, and we haven't significantly improved the squad in for Benitez, so there is mitigation for him today & going forward, and we will likely finish mid table again, but I cannot excuse or defend his tactics and decisions today - he lost us that game along with the useless, chicken livered professionals he has inherited within the squad, plus the absolute donkey he has signed and now won't drop.

Do think he made the wrong subs but isnt fully to blame. Not having any excuse that we cant defend set pieces and that defence today disgrace which is meant to be 3/4 is starting for us changes in players needed now these frauds need to ho

I’m sorry but if we can’t win against average opposition at home, with all the fans behind us, then we’re in trouble.

I didn’t go to the match today but teams that lose at home tend to go down.

I know that we’ve missed the likes of Doucoure and DCL something chronic and if the RS had had all these injuries they’d also be struggling, but to lose to Watford AT HOME is unacceptable.
We’ve had worse luck with injuries than any other club in the Premier League. Take the RS’ main frontman out of their team and they’d be mediocre at best. But we were also missing our best midfielder today.

I get we have mad injuries mate, and we haven't significantly improved the squad in for Benitez, so there is mitigation for him today & going forward, and we will likely finish mid table again, but I cannot excuse or defend his tactics and decisions today - he lost us that game along with the useless, chicken livered professionals he has inherited within the squad, plus the absolute donkey he has signed and now won't drop.
One thing I thought benitez would work on was defensively but seem worse than last season

I get we have mad injuries mate, and we haven't significantly improved the squad in for Benitez, so there is mitigation for him today & going forward, and we will likely finish mid table again, but I cannot excuse or defend his tactics and decisions today - he lost us that game along with the useless, chicken livered professionals he has inherited within the squad.
Nobody wants us to lose but we all accept that defeats are part of the game and they happen.

What won't be accepted is the complete capitulation that was today and a manager seemingly clueless as to how to stop it happening against a very poor Watford squad.

That's what's so bad about today.
That's what is unacceptable regardless of who is in the dugout.

How anybody can make excuses for that is bewildering.

Should have listened to the bed sheets, fella.

I don't think he goes any time soon, though. We're in for years of this crap.

2 and a half months "assessing" the squad.

You reap what you sow as they say.

Mind blowing in game decisions today , and the crowd wont be kidded by him.
Get used to them boo's there'll be plenty more if he carry's on playing Rondon & Iwobi .

He was always going to walk a very fine line with the fans, because of who he is and his history.

Another couple of defeats like this and it won’t take much for things to turn really nasty for him.

What I find baffling, is that he seems prepared to put his job on the line, over the waste of a shirt that is Rondon.

I suppose the sliver lining for him, if he gets sacked, is that he'll get to spend every waking hour being blown by @JimmyNail92

Status
Not open for further replies.