2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be good for us in the long run. Players might have shot their load too early with their stupid shenanigans. Benitez will be absolutely raging at that. Should have saved trying to get him fired until after January you effing half wits.

Who?

Take Iwobi for instance. We have to sell for around £12m to 'break even' on his cost - who the hell is paying more than a Toblerone for Alex f'in Iwobi? Why would one of our league rivals take deadwood like him, Tosun, Gbamin etc. off us for any amount of money?

And furthermore, why would the responsibility for that be on him? What is Marcel Brands paid for, honestly???

Players he doesnt fancy...Holgate, Davies ?

Even Kenny for pennies or Keane, Iwobi like you say...theres players in the squad who we could have done deals for.

These same players have failed under five managers and if they get a sixth sacked, i can't imagine I will stick around to watch the seventh. Dark day in our history

Why didnt Benitez sell players to generate funds?

Dumfries has flopped (so far) at Inter and to me never looked worth the fee anyway but the other deals we were going after like Patterson could have been funded by sales.

Surely we could have sold one or two players?

Who?

Genuinely, who? Bare in mind we're in the midst of a pandemic, very few clubs can operate with big fees and other players like Messi/Ronaldo were moving around.

We have two or three sellable assets for any amount of serious money - Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Pickford. We have no one else. We also have a squad that can't field a full compliment of subs even when you include two goalkeepers.

Again, all of this isn't on Benitez, it's the net result of years of systematic incompetence, first from Steve Walsh, continued ably by the inept Marcel Brands, all under the leadership of Farhad "My best mate is Jim White and James McCarthy is family, oh and Lukaku's mum believes in voodoo" Moshiri.

Benitez can only do what he can with the players he's been provided and 6 years + of the Carpet Bagger destroying the club there isn't much good left.
Right so you don't blame him in any way for losing 5-2 at home to Watford? I agree the squad isn't good enough the drop off between our best players and the rest is obscene and it's badly constructed as a squad but we shouldn't be losing like that regardless

Inappropriate Language
Players he doesnt fancy...Holgate, Davies ?

Even Kenny for pennies or Keane, Iwobi like you say...theres players in the squad who we could have done deals for.

OK, so you get £5m each for them two, and you're two squad players down, so you have to bring in replacements for next to nothing. What's the point?

Other clubs aren't Everton - they don't bail out Arsenal with £30m for Iwobi, £20m+ on Schneiderlin and so on. Unfortunately, our players are [Poor language removed] and other clubs know they're [Poor language removed], so they won't pay money for them.

This might be good for us in the long run. Players might have shot their load too early with their stupid shenanigans. Benitez will be absolutely raging at that. Should have saved trying to get him fired until after January you effing half wits.

The one hope here is that Benitez is backed now by Moshiri...and Usmanov.

Moshiri must be sick of the players by now and Benitez is his manager against everyones wishes.

I think Benitez has destroyed our defence but bizarrely hes the one hope we currently have of being ruthless in selling players.

I remember all the puff pieces about his coaching and how much of a perfectionist he is. Stopping training sessions to go and move a defender half a yard.

And then you watch some journeyman get consecutive free headers from corners in the middle of the 6 yard box.
Some of the local journos have made an absolute tit of themselves with some of the shat they’ve written on him the gang of seat sniffers

Status
Not open for further replies.