2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s done a very decent job start of the season. Got us looking solid and dangerous on the counter and papered over the cracks in the squad.

That’s no excuses for today though - taking Gordon and grey off were two horrendous decision. Also blatantly clear how overrun we were getting in midfield second half and he didn’t rectify it all all. Very poor.

We should have got him whilst he was hesitating on his West Ham contract.

Don’t get me wrong, he annoyed me when he engineered his move to Man U but we’ve been an empty vessel since he left.

Come home davey and sort this mess out!
It's that bad now that we would be lucky to get him, he coukd demand what he wanted just like Koeman did.

Bollox lad - he had £1.7m to spend and thats it.

Peddling lies to suit an agenda that is - we had massive FFP issues this summer.

I'm not pedalling lies. I'm not saying Benitez was given enough money. He was simply given the freedom to spend the little we had and at the end of the window we created some wiggle room but couldn't get the deals done.

Benitez knew what he was getting into in terms of FFP, so it won't have been a shock to him, that was my point.

Wasn't like he rocked up expecting £60m to be spent.

So how is it not Benitez fault that we’ve had to start with Rondon? He brought him in.

It is his fault, but simultaneously it's not his fault we don't have a pot to piss in and his only financially viable option was a fat retiree from China on a free.

It's a gamble that spectacularly hasn't paid off and never should have been made, but a gamble nevertheless.

Today, and the shambles in recent years, is on Moshiri and Brands. Brands in particular should be out of a job blatantly.

Injuries ruin teams. It has for us. Manager shouldn't even be questioned. You know what you'll get with benitez. He will have us finishing just above where the quality of the team deserve to be. The quality of the starting eleven today was bottom half standard. Therefore these kind of results happen.

Manager needs 3 transfer windows, the squad is crap, the booing and negativity every home game is poor and this season things will get worse before they get better because the squad is too stretched. Blame who you want, but not the manager. He didn't injure doucoure. He didn't know rondon would be half the player he was when he last managed him.

So how is it not Benitez fault that we’ve had to start with Rondon? He brought him in.
Well spotted. Do you think he did that with the intent to start him? Or do you think he spotted, like all of us did, that we were up [Poor language removed] creek and had to take what he could get with the time and money given?

Claudio really tugged Raffa's dilly ding dilly dong hard today!

1635006087243.png

Status
Not open for further replies.