2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either you back Benitez or you back the players. How anyone can back this group of players is beyond me, they’re some of the most disgraceful players I’ve seen in my lifetime watching Everton.
It's a bit of both really. Benitez got it massively wrong but I've said for a long time these bottlejobs will crumble against the slightest bit of pressure.

And how in the hell couldn't he see we needed another man in midfield. At two one up we were desperate to haul that yard dog Rondon off and get Gbamin on!! This club man farce!!!

I know his hands are tied with such a poor squad but he has to take some stick. Didn't understand the Gordon sub at all. Was creating a few problems for Watford and linking up nicely. Not saying he played great but was one of our better ones.

I saw this coming when we limped out the League Cup - I said at the time Benitez needed that competition to survive a rough patch, as there's at least a silver lining as long as we were in it.

He has nothing to fall back on now. He has a nightmare run of fixtures and he'll be going into Christmas almost certainly a dead man walking with the club in severe relegation peril.

I said in the match thread this felt like a relegation six pointer today - I wasn't joking. The stars can so easily align for this to get very, very ugly.
Nope, no relegation, pretty sure he will clear the mess, and find an alternative to stay up atleast until he clears the dross. It should be clear to him now, rondon is no hope, and going zonal marking with players like godfray and Keane at the back is a suicide. Utter cowards them back 4.

It's a bit of both really. Benitez got it massively wrong but I've said for a long time these bottlejobs will crumble against the slightest bit of pressure.

How can any manager ‘get it right’ with these players? They’re absolutely hopeless, they’ll ruin any passage of play because out of nowhere it’s not beyond one of them to just fall over, pass it to an opposition player, or balloon it out of play for no reason.

Those points Keane cost us at the start of the season are looking very costly now.

Fair point, though I think they are both as culpable as one another. Moshiri (presuably) has no say in the recruitment, thats Brands role. Though the percieved lack of clarity on strategy/direction agree is on Moshiri.
I feel like Brands his just threw his arms up in the air and given up. Easy job for him to just sit there and roll his eyes every once in a while.

That said I still want to know why we put a useful player out on loan (Nkounkou) when we have no cover in his position.

We couldn't buy Dumfries, clearly. It was dependent on getting a fee for Kean or someone else, it dragged on all summer as we couldn't financially do it.

We couldn't buy anyone. Even Diaz it's pretty clear all we could do was offer instalments or a future fee to tie in to the Kean transfer.

With the restrictions in place, for Benitez to bring in two actual improvements to our first team out of three signings for a total of £2m is nothing short of a miracle. It's laughable to ignore Gray/Townsend and solely criticise him for Rondon.

Why didnt Benitez sell players to generate funds?

Dumfries has flopped (so far) at Inter and to me never looked worth the fee anyway but the other deals we were going after like Patterson could have been funded by sales.

Surely we could have sold one or two players?

Why is that on Brands? Brands didn't sign Rondon, that's on Benitez.

Who knows of Brands had someone else in mind but Benitez was adamant on Rondon?

The only thing we know for sure is Rondon is useless and that's on Benitez.
This isn't rocket science. Brands remit includes the commercial elements of recruitment. The recruitment that he has endorsed previously has meant that we couldn't afford to bring in a striker (or any other player that cost more than a couple of quid)

We can be absolutely sure now that Rondon is atrocious, but it was a gamble worth taking at the time on the assumption he was better than no-one at all.

Brands is every bit as culpable for the mess that we are in as every failed manager that has gone before him.

Not excuses at all - sack him now and go get appoint Potter

And when Everton are still dropping points with cowards like Keane and Davies in the side you can call for Grahams head as well

Sack Potter go get Nuno, Everton still dropping points with cowards like Keane and Davies in the side you can call for Espirto's head as well.

You see where im going with this?

Definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

So keep sacking managers and giving new contracts to Micheal Keane maybe one day you'll all wake up and smell the coffee.

1635007155510.png

Status
Not open for further replies.