2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players he doesnt fancy...Holgate, Davies ?

Even Kenny for pennies or Keane, Iwobi like you say...theres players in the squad who we could have done deals for.
Those players needed replacing though.

I don't blame Benitez for the summer.

I do blame him for having a hard on over Rondon but that's still the club's fault for going along with it.

Even now,Benitez has just said Gordon wasn't injured

Right so you don't blame him in any way for losing 5-2 at home to Watford? I agree the squad isn't good enough the drop off between our best players and the rest of obscene and it's badly constructed as a squad but we shouldn't be losing like that regardless

Your right we shouldn't. It's another mark against him but there no way he takes the brunt of this, for me.

The squad he's been given is abysmal.

He had one of the best defenses in the pl with his previous outing with rs, it has more to do with the options he has here, I have seen his defense with Newcastle, could say the back 4 there was way way better then he has ober

Two champions league winners are not good enough? that's the most stubborn, and incompetent players I have ever seen. Why has Townsend and gray turned out to be the best players, how do they understand what Rafael expects from him, and not the rest. Give him time, one champions league winner could be washed up, not two.

If you can't defend set pieces then you have no chance in this league. These players proved that was one thing they actually could do now Benitez method has been shambolic. Go back to what worked well.

This isn't rocket science. Brands remit includes the commercial elements of recruitment. The recruitment that he has endorsed previously has meant that we couldn't afford to bring in a striker (or any other player that cost more than a couple of quid)

We can be absolutely sure now that Rondon is atrocious, but it was a gamble worth taking at the time on the assumption he was better than no-one at all.

Brands is every bit as culpable for the mess that we are in as every failed manager that has gone before him.

Why better than no-one at all? I'm 100% positive Rondon wasn't the only option available to us, yet he's the one Benitez wanted and signed.

Like it or not, that absolute waste of a shirt is Benitez's fault.

If you can't defend set pieces then you have no chance in this league. These players proved that was one thing they actually could do now Benitez method has been shambolic. Go back to what worked well.

I don't understand the set-piece thing at all.

Already conceded just one less goal from them this season in the league than in the entirety of last season. It's the same defence.

These same players have failed under five managers and if they get a sixth sacked, i can't imagine I will stick around to watch the seventh. Dark day in our history
This is pretty much it - and the man who brought a huge chunk of them in over the last four years is rewarded with a contract extension and a place on the board. Moshiri's tenure has been a failure. His main man, Brands, a disaster. Benitez will go the same way as all the other managers who had to rely on the Midas touch of Marcel Brands: take a lucrative bullet or do a Carlo and jump before he is pushed. Everton probably needs a relegation to reset. The complacency, delusion of grandeur, and stagnant entitlement is overwhelming this club.

for a manager known for trying to outwin the oppsition we seem to have played the same style and regardless of personnel. I like to think the majority of Evertonians aren't deluded, if our squad is shattered we don't mind setting up shop in our own half if it gets results. Lazy goals, predictable passages of play, wayward passing, all of which were a halmark under our previous manager apart from the lazy goals. We were only in contention at all because our defense was impenetrable. That has all disappeared in a manner of months. They seem to not know how to trigger a press, how to mark a player, how to contend with an actual winger in the premier league. They get caught ball watching, lose ever 50-50, chase after everything instead of staying compact and holding the shape. It is easy to blame this on Benitez and he deserves some blame but apart from Carlo and maybe the Gravy One, we have been absolutely porous at the back.

OK, so you get £5m each for them two, and you're two squad players down, so you have to bring in replacements for next to nothing. What's the point?

Other clubs aren't Everton - they don't bail out Arsenal with £30m for Iwobi, £20m+ on Schneiderlin and so on. Unfortunately, our players are [Poor language removed] and other clubs know they're [Poor language removed], so they won't pay money for them.

Lets say we got in £5mil. That would enable us to spend £25mil on players (£5mil on books each year over 5 year contract).

We also could have extended say Doucoures contract...or other players contracts meaning the amortisation is spread further on the books...opening up more fees for us to use.

We literally did nothing. Its weird.

Inappropriate Behaviour
It’s funny how a professional football team can’t play zonal marking. These clowns can’t even keep a high line either. No wonder Ancelotti had all of them sat on the goal line looking at the ball and just instructed to head it away.

They’re completely brain dead. I imagine Benitez can’t believe it that he’s come into an apparently mid table premier league side and found defenders who can’t even do the basics of ‘if a ball comes into your zone head it away’.
Agree they look like retards to me, Benitez will need to do the same as well. Just head it away...

I don't understand the set-piece thing at all.

Already conceded just one less goal from them this season in the league than in the entirety of last season. It's the same defence.

His reds side were shambolic from them too. He's inept as a coach and I don't want to watch this version of Everton. It's bad for my mood and my health.

Status
Not open for further replies.