2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% made the right decision fielding the weakened team tonight - imagine if we lost Allan as well tonight.

Not his fault that the squad at his disposal is a joke.

All eggs rightly need to be in the Premier League and FA Cup basket. Beggars can't be chooses, but we get through another couple of rounds, draw City A and lose in the 5th round. What's the point.

I'd much rather concentrate on the league where you can generate moment.

Bitter pill, but until the squad gets sorted out, it is what it is unfortunately.

That's fine but this team played just about the same level as the 'first team' has. i.e. really not that good and based on nothing but graft which quite simply isn't enough, because you need to have quality on top of it.

I've seen zero to suggest there's been any change or shift in how we play other than the players run about a bit more. Defensively we are just as open whenever we do anything but sit deep, except now we also can't defend set-pieces (or attack from them).

It's going to take time, but this idea we were seeing any shoots of anything other than being able to build 10-minute spells of momentum is bonkers to me. Our best performance was just a classic sit deep and play on the break, which we did loads last season anyway, albeit v Brighton we did at least have pace on the break which we didn't last year.

I also don't agree with the team was awful shouts. I think, Keane aside and maybe Doucoure, that wasn't the worst side to put out. I was expecting a lot weaker, tbh.

Come on Benitez!! You have been here a good couple of months now, spent that massive 1.5 Million war chest. Why haven't you made this group of absolute chancers who were here years before you into vintage Barca?? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Come on Benitez!! You have been here a good couple of months now, spent that massive 1.5 Million war chest. Why haven't you made this group of absolute chancers who were here years before you into vintage Barca?? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Brilliant post.

Sums up the attitude of some of our fans. I lived overseas for 24 years and when I got a season ticket for the first time since the 1990s six years ago I couldn’t believe it when I heard so-called Evertonians actually abusing their own players and in some instances their own manager. And all the groaning etc.
Awful. One of the many reasons why our home record is so abysmal.

That's fine but this team played just about the same level as the 'first team' has. i.e. really not that good and based on nothing but graft which quite simply isn't enough, because you need to have quality on top of it.

I've seen zero to suggest there's been any change or shift in how we play other than the players run about a bit more. Defensively we are just as open whenever we do anything but sit deep, except now we also can't defend set-pieces (or attack from them).

It's going to take time, but this idea we were seeing any shoots of anything other than being able to build 10-minute spells of momentum is bonkers to me. Our best performance was just a classic sit deep and play on the break, which we did loads last season anyway, albeit v Brighton we did at least have pace on the break which we didn't last year.

I also don't agree with the team was awful shouts. I think, Keane aside and maybe Doucoure, that wasn't the worst side to put out. I was expecting a lot weaker, tbh.
We've been a lot better this year, when we have had the right players at our disposal, than we were in the last 8-10 games last season.

No DCL, Richarlison, Allan, Mina, Coleman, James, Pickford - what do we expect.

With the majority of the above, we have played relatively well. Definitely shaky defensively, and I'd like to see Rafael improve that quickly.

Godfrey is clearly feeling the effects of Covid - you could tell how cooked he was after any big moments of exertion

Gray
Doucoure
Keane

The only 3 players he never played tonight when you factor in Allans knock and Mina's injury record when played too often.

Keane has been awful all season so far, Gray did nothing when he came on and Doucoure is good but hardly a game changer.

You're talking as if Richarlison, DCL, Pickford, Coleman & a few others were fit and available yet not selected.

You've already said you want the manager out on the back of this one result which is why others are saying its OTT.

You're a good lad Tim I know you are just angry after a cup defeat - you'll sleep it off and no doubt admit yourself in the morning you over reacted slightly so we'll leave it as that.
I never post after a game straight away if we get beat, i need a night to stew over it then rationalise and generally its not as bad as it seems at the time of the event. It still annoys me though.

Who? Oh you're referring to the waster who plays when he's occasionally out if his cotton wool, and no serious football club will take. The manager decided to give someone else a chance as he's seen enough of this pretty boy
fat waiter seen enough? wait.. wait.. enough of what? James have not play yet under kopite fat waiter... correct or not?
it should be the other way around James should be given a chance..

But thats this squads limit mate what dont people understand about that?

We've not won a trophy in 26 years, not qualified for europe in 5 years, finished 10th and 12th the last two seasons - we bring in 4x players for a combined £1.5m and people expect us to suddenly start dominating teams 3-0 every weekend.
They don't expect it. They are strawman expectations to knock down to push the Everton manager hate agenda.

Do you think that team would get promoted from the Championship? I would say it wouldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.