2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is more that PL managers do not take the 3rd round of the League Cup seriously. Liverpool made 11 changes. Watford made 11 changes.

Benitez put a stronger side out (relative to league games either side) than most managers will this round
Winning this cup is (or at least should be) a much bigger priority for Everton than for those clubs though so it’s not the same thing really. Liverpool have got bigger fish to fry and Watford will be concentrating on staying up while our fan base is just desperate for a trophy after nearly thirty years so while it’s not my biggest gripe I can see why others aren’t happy that we didn’t go all out for it.

The point is more that PL managers do not take the 3rd round of the League Cup seriously. Liverpool made 11 changes. Watford made 11 changes.

Benitez put a stronger side out (relative to league games either side) than most managers will this round
But as I said last night, it's understandable for teams in Europe to make changes, they play another half dozen games this side of Christmas. It's understandable for teams fighting relegation, resting players to get a point at the weekend may make all the difference. But surely anyone through the middle of the league wants to win a cup more than worrying if you finish 8th or 12th? It's almost like winning cups has become something to be afraid of.

So let's say gray for rondon and doucoure for gomes.

We still would have had a keeper who moves like he is 125 years old, kenny, holgate, davis and iwobi on the pitch and some others off form. No comfortable win there

I think we would have had far more about us up top mate, pressed better in midfield, picked them back and inevitably controlled and won the game.

The fact that the ball kept bouncing back off Rondons fat arse didn't help and Davies was constantly flat footed as he pressed at the wrong time constantly didn't help.

so, we lost a game on pens - the meltdown on here is comical, tom davies who can’t kick a loaf of bread missed,so we’re out and now the clubs a mess lol lol lol lol oh GOT you lol
Funny you use the word comical actually because every time I see your name I think of comical Ali and you still telling everyone ancelotti was staying while he was managing his first game at Madrid.

couldn’t believe it when I heard so-called Evertonians actually abusing their own players and in some instances their own manager. And all the groaning etc.
Awful. One of the many reasons why our home record is so abysmal.
The excuse that the home ground fan abuse gets to the player is a complete nonsense off the back of the worst home record when no fans were permitted in the ground. On the contrary us fans seem to inspire them to do better.

After our window I said 8th-12th would be ok baring the team doesn't suffer an injury crises.

Get these rag tag misfits over the line Ben. Hopefully get another cracker like Townsend in jan. Stay afloat and start building in the summer.

If we are guna be happy to just sit middle of the road for a few years, sell players, save money, Rafael was a strange choice, imo.
I can’t see that being the case FFP seen to that but I don’t see the point in him working with brands when he says no to most of his players and brings his own in. I think give him the money we have others over the past few years and let him make the signings when permitted to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.