2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He says all the right things. "I'm not interested in 8th place finishes"

Just back this feller and leave him alone to get on with it.

It’s confirmed what I’ve thought for a while now. The club is an absolute shambles across all departments. It’s forced me into a 180 on Brands. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Koeman put us in an FFP hole and he seemed to be buying who the managers at the time wanted, but the extension for Michael Keane set alarm bells ringing. Now to see that Benitez had effectively called out the supporting departments as not good enough begs the question what has he been doing all this time as there was no spending limitations on club infrastructure.

Just let Benitez turf these utter amateurs out.

so the mess is now taking his usual stance and starting to wash the clubs in-workings to his friends in the press

Common approach from him, excuses to follow shortly

Difficult to side with the club when they’ve been an absolute shambles for about 30 years. He’s not saying anything we haven’t all thought for ages. Nice club, decent people, all trying, but just not good enough.

I only just caught up with Benitez's comments yesterday about overhauling unprofessional departments at Everton and drawing a line under disastrous spending.

What a humiliating dressing down in public that was for that fraud DoF.

Marvellous stuff.

Dave got a link I missed this?

It’s confirmed what I’ve thought for a while now. The club is an absolute shambles across all departments. It’s forced me into a 180 on Brands. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because Koeman put us in an FFP hole and he seemed to be buying who the managers at the time wanted, but the extension for Michael Keane set alarm bells ringing. Now to see that Benitez had effectively called out the supporting departments as not good enough begs the question what has he been doing all this time as there was no spending limitations on club infrastructure.

Just let Benitez turf these utter amateurs out.
I've thought for a time that the club needs an enema.
I didn't think that Benitez would either be the right person or sufficiently engaged with the project to administer it.
I'm happy to be wrong.
The club needs a shake up from top to bottom.
How the likes of Kenwright , Brands and even Barrett Baxendale renain in positions of influence is beyond me.

I've thought for a time that the club needs an enema.
I didn't think that Benitez would either be the right person or sufficiently engaged with the project to administer it.
I'm happy to be wrong.
The club needs a shake up from top to bottom.
How the likes of Kenwright , Brands and even Barrett Baxendale renain in positions of influence is beyond me.

We’ve made barely any noticeable progress in any department since Moyes left, injuries have been just as bad if not worse than they were, we’ve never looked fit at any point despite every manager calling for us to improve in this area, player recruitment has been abysmal, the commercial deals are still low value. The only thing we’ve done is made progress in the stadium, I think it’s been a one issue club for too long, everyone just focused on the stadium as the answer to all our problems and they’ve let everything else slide.

It's not. Brands has turned a corner with the signing of Townsend and Gray. Good business.
Innit @nsno-chris ?
Just hate mongering from Benny there.
Brands did turn a corner? LOL. If he turns a corner its right in the next wall. Gray and Townsend is 100% Benitez. The Porsche cheese factory pissed half a billion away with no result what so ever!

Every team gets injuries, that's why it's a squad game.

The problem is that there is such a big drop off between those we consider to be the first 11 and those that come in whenever there are injuries. Look at the RS; if one of their front three is injured, then Jota comes in. No drop off there. We get Rondon or Tosun.

It's that gap that has to be addressed. We need to increase the quality of the squad as a whole so injuries don't hit us so hard, even if we get a few at once.
Very true, but that all comes back to recruitment. Someone at the RS shrewdly saw Jota was an excellent purchase for £30m+ meanwhile someone at EFC thought Iwobi was a good idea. Ridiculous stuff.

King in the Mail also saying Benitez has been asking questions since he arrived about why the club isn’t in a better position given the level of investment.
Good to know the manager is asking the same basic questions tens of thousands of fans have been asking for god knows how long, I guess.....

Status
Not open for further replies.