2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bud, think you're living in dream world a bit there. Can't see Moshiri firing the DOF on Sunday then the manager a day later - what would the plan be then? A new manager that is being kept hidden? Big Dunc? What about Jan transfers/loans? How even more clueless and random would that make Moshiri look?

If anything, all Moshiri has done is re-inforce the Benitez appointment and give him full control over transfers for the forseeable future. Had we have gone into Jan on 15-18 points, Benitez would likely have been sacked. Moshiri has taken his side, so now, I'm more and more leaning towards Rafael being here for quite a while yet no matter the results (subject to relegation), and has had the pressure taken off him quite a bit by this clear sign of backing.

Delighted to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.
If you think Moshiri has a plan other than building a stadium then you haven't paid attention to the past 5 years. He's making it up as he goes along.

I am mate but you have to know when you're beaten. As soon as Brands uttered the words "its not just the players" that was the end for him.

Benitez went to Moshiri's office and Moshiri booted him out the door same way he did with Dr Death.

Moshiri is completely under Benitez's spell make no mistake and talk of him being sacked any time soon is very premature.

You dont have to like it but you have to get behind him now.
You're really not getting this are you, Jimmy? There are less people "getting behind him" now than at any point in his tenure. We're dropping like a stone but Benitez says we're winning the running as if that's something we should all be delighted with. You should be terrified of this Muppet getting more control but instead you are positively gleeful. I said Moshiri would relegate us, I just didn't realise it would be so soon. Moshiri and Benitez are ruining this club and you are cheerleading, it's bizarre.

Lol. You're not indifferent.

You and Dave are on here giving it the big one to everyone treating Brands getting sacked like Benitez has won a cup. It's sad.

He's going to get sacked because he's shown us he hasn't got a clue on how to get a win so long as he doesn't have Dom in the team. Moshiri might want to back him now but he's going to have to own up to his mistake and sack him by Christmas.
That's what Moshiri should do but I fear he won't. He'll wait until it's too late and we'll get relegated then likely go bust. It's a terrifying time to be an Evertonian.

But anyway the point is.. the Cub needs stability,
Agree 100%, I just don't think you're going to get 'stability' with the most divisive appointment in our history - the most divisive that could have been made. What 'stability' can we have if the guy in charge takes zero accountability for results, says nothing should be expected unless our best 11 is fit and on the pitch, has no tactical plan, can't coach the players, can't improve them, throws out the previously very good defensive set-play book, wont adapt, does the same thing every week, plays turgid ancient football, has utterly lost the dressing room, and hasn't won a game (or been competative in one!!) for what feels like months, despite being a "supposed" elite level manager (from China) who has done nothing of note in the last decade to say "this is the one we back".

Of all the hills Moshiri could have picked to die on, this is the one he's chosen. Madness. Complete and utter madness.

Since they're putting their hopes so much on the 2nd half of the season when we apparently won't have any injuries, what are the odds on DCL getting injured again, Pickford and another getting injured too.

If you think Moshiri has a plan other than building a stadium then you haven't paid attention to the past 5 years. He's making it up as he goes along.
Oh I'm under no illusions about Moshiri having any sort of plan (other than "buy a football club, build it up, flip for profit"), I just can't see even Moshiri firing a DOF on Sunday, then the next day sacking the manager 1 day later. Not even at this bat-sheet-crazy football club.

LOL.

The vaults are at soon to be at a volcanic eruption stage for ;)
They're in here having a moment in the sun.

Is it because we're playing well? No, that's not it....

Is it because we finally won a game for the first time in months? No, that's not it...

Is it because our DoF is carrying the can for Benitez dive-bombing us into the relegation zone? Yes, the perfect opportunity to rub everyone wanting Benitez sacked's faces in it. Obviously. :blush:

Be interested to see if Benitez loses the next 4, which it’s very conceivable he will, if Moshiri’s stance changes. He’ll need balls of steel to stick with his man then.

Oh I'm under no illusions about Moshiri having any sort of plan (other than "buy a football club, build it up, flip for profit"), I just can't see even Moshiri firing a DOF on Sunday, then the next day sacking the manager 1 day later. Not even at this bat-sheet-crazy football club.
Why not? He'll just give it Dunc while he scrambles to figure it out like he did after Silva.

Sacking Brands does nothing to stop him sacking Benitez. If anything, it might make finding his replacement easier as we can now open the search for his replacement to those who prefer not to work under a DoF.

Lol. You're not indifferent.

You and Dave are on here giving it the big one to everyone treating Brands getting sacked like Benitez has won a cup. It's sad.

He's going to get sacked because he's shown us he hasn't got a clue on how to get a win so long as he doesn't have Dom in the team. Moshiri might want to back him now but he's going to have to own up to his mistake and sack him by Christmas.

You have me all wrong Jakey - I have little energy to defend Benitez on his current run of form however it's clear as day Benitez is running the show under Moshiri in the same way Moyes had free reign under Kenwright.

You dont have to like it but thats how it is so we have to fall in line.

But I'll give you one thing - Benitez booting Brands & Dr Death is fantastic - recuritment and injuries have ruined us for years so if these two gone can help improve that then he's helped us out long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.